Crazy Girlfriends

Guest Guest

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest
What about self fulfilling prophecy. What you think is what you get. If you think that women are this way that is the exact type of woman you will attract.

Well, I don't think "that way."

I know the world isn't totally populated with neurotic, insecure women who can't make a committment past 6 months.

Somehow I've been on a 10 year tear in which that's all I run across. It's either a really long streak of bad luck, or women really are that jacked up when they get past 35 with one divorce.

I'm so sick and tired of living alone, I'm about ready to jam a fork in my neck.

Guest Guest
What about self fulfilling prophecy. What you think is what you get. If you think that women are this way that is the exact type of woman you will attract.

So I can "wish" myself a respectable, honest, faithful, loving, nice looking woman who will fall madly in love with me and want to have my babies?

Damn, you'd better write a book.

Guest Guest

Because my car wasn't in the driveway,my husbands girlfriend assumed I was not home so she stopped in. He met her on the front porch and pretended not to know her. She was DELETED. He killed 2 birds with one stone that day.

Guest Guest

After getting hosed for the third time in the past 10 years, I've learned my lesson, ladies. You can't be trusted. You're terrified of committing. You're good for about two things. One-- having babies and raising kids.....perhaps 70% of you. Two-- DELETED .

I will never listen to another woman except my Mom, sisters and nieces and believe a single word that comes out of their fibbing mouths. I live a good life. I don't lie, I don't sleep around, I don't cheat on my taxes. I'm done thinking there's a single honest woman left.

Thanks for the education.

Guest Guest
And they expect a normal, decent guy to take them seriously?

You're not counting YOURSELF as one, are you? Wow... I'm soooo glad I am married to one. And I plan to stay that way. Thanks for reminding me of the quality of men out there on the market..... :blink:

Guest Looking

My wife has had numerous medical issues and is now on depression medicine. Sex is dead. We have a daughter in 9th grade that could not handle a divorce at this time. We have worked out a agreement that I can go out one night a week and get some strange and its OK. It sounds great but its not easy to find a woman who is willing to take on this type a relationship.

Guest Guest
You're not counting YOURSELF as one, are you? Wow... I'm soooo glad I am married to one. And I plan to stay that way. Thanks for reminding me of the quality of men out there on the market..... :blink:

Stay married. We don't need women out here who judge people based on a single sentence on an anonymous message board.

Guest Guest
My wife has had numerous medical issues and is now on depression medicine. Sex is dead. We have a daughter in 9th grade that could not handle a divorce at this time. We have worked out a agreement that I can go out one night a week and get some strange and its OK. It sounds great but its not easy to find a woman who is willing to take on this type a relationship.

Do yourself a favor and grab some one night stands. DO NOT get involved with someone else who is involved or married.

You staying married will be the kiss of death to any budding relationship.

I just wasted a lot of years waiting for a woman who claimed she loved me and wanted to marry me.

She got a terminal case of "grass is greener" syndrome.

Lesson learned.

@

Guest Guest

I got a good one.

I had a girlfriend once who's previous husband had cheated on her.

I treated her great for a few months. I always drove miles to go to her house. Acted like a considerate gentleman at all times. Made no demands, no expectations.

One day I was home for lunch and, out of the blue, I got an IM from a stranger. She claimed she lived in Ohio but had just gotten out of DC after breaking up with her man. A real sob story. I told her I was seeing someone and wished her well.

A few days later she pops back up one night. We chat, and she asks me if I'd ever consider going on a blind date. She knows someone who lives in Harpursville and could hook me up. I told her I was seeing someone and that I've never been on one, and we changed the subject. I did not accept her offer. I did ask her the name of the people she knew there, because I also knew some people there. The last name she gave me was Miles.

The next week, my girlfriend was going to come spend the night at my place because her son was not home. She lived close to my house, so she said she'd pack a bag and just come over after work before I got there, and would I leave a key?

I told her I would and did so.

When I got home, I noticed her car wasn't there. I thought maybe she was at the store. After I opened the door, I saw my key sitting on a closed white envelope. This didn't look like good news.

She typed me a letter that said she couldn't continue to see someone who was looking for blind dates behind her back and the usual jilted woman stuff.

At first I was really confused, having forgotten about the IM and not connecting it with her. I called her and she had a real snotty and sanctimonious tone, like she had caught me in bed with someone else.

I asked her if she was referring to some anonymous woman I chatted with online a few times, and she never said "yes." "You figure it out" she told me. She was reveling in her victory.

A few days later, my IM "buddy" IM's me again. "I never meant to drive you and her apart" she said, "I only meant to hurt you."

I called my girlfriend and asked her what her workmate/best friend's last name was. It was Miles.

Now I connected all the dots. She and her friend sat at work while her friend IM'd me under the guise of some other woman, trying to snare me into accepting a blind date online from a stranger.

I called her back and reamed her a new one. She was at her Mom's house in Hallstead when I called. She knocked on my door in Vestal exactly a half hour later. She must have flown up the road. The look on her face was literally priceless. There was no gloating in her body language now.

She'd been found out, and she knew it. I interrogated her relentlessly. I didn't yell. I simply told her what I knew had happened and how I found it out. She never did confess. I asked her how she could have known who this stranger was. I told her, that if her story was true, I was concerned that some internet stalker wanted to hurt me. She told me she knew who the IM'er was, but she was sworn to secrecy.

Liar.

Liar.

Liar.

Needless to say, it didnt last much longer after that. She found some lanky dupe, obviously someone she thought she could outwit and control with less effort, made up a bunch of dumb crap about how it was all my fault it wasn't working between us. She even told me part of it was because her 10 year old son didn't want her to date. I'm pretty sure she started dating him because he was a carpenter or contractor. The fact that she had just bought a house that needed a lot of work was, I'm sure, just a pure coincidence.

Granted, some men are really stupid and easy to fool, but we're not all that way ladies.

@

Here's my fav:

You start dating. She tells you how you're so much different than other guys and her ex's. She's loving that you don't ignore her, dont put her down, don't pick fights over petty stuff, that you're fun to be with, you pay attention to what she has to say, you don't dismiss her thoughts and feelings as dumb....you get the picture.

After awhile, she gets used to it. Now YOU are normal. She starts seeing all the things that are "wrong" with you, all the things that you'd need to change if she were to commit and maybe get married.

Soon, all she sees is what's missing. All the ways you're not like her ex's that she liked about them. She completely forgets all your good qualities and sees only what she doesn't like. She starts telling her friends and they commiserate about it. Her friends agree that "he's not the man you fell in love with anymore." They begin to encourage her to "put her foot down, that either you change or she's gone." Morons, all.

It takes a while and a few other relationships with true jerks for her to realize that maybe you were a damn good man after all. She tries to reconnect. You've moved on.

They always come back sometime within a few months to a year for that second chance. They can't tell you to your face that they now know they threw a gem out the door, but you know they know it.

I've had this happen to me more than a few times. A few of them I gave second, third, fourth chances until I wised up. One woman I gave no second chance to. She was a keeper. I had had enough.

If she can't see what she has in the first 6 months to a year and know she wants to hang onto it, she'll never know it for sure. She'll always be looking around. This type of woman will never be a keeper.

Some other smarter woman will end up with the jewel she discarded. She ends up dating a succession of jerks and losers. Often, they never learn what they did. It's always the man's fault, always some deficiency in him.

She'll never get it that she can't have it both ways. She can't have the really exciting guy and get the stability and loyalty in the same man. She can't have a man who will listen to her, how she feels and what she thinks, and have the stone faced, stoic, silent John Wayne bad boy type, too.

Granted, some men do the same things. I just don't care. I dont date men.

This is so true. Most men are looking for that "trophy". Thye get what they are looking for by not looking below the surface.

Guest Guest

I won't disagree with that. To be fair, some women are also looking for their own kind of trophy.

I know two women in their 40's who still haven't committed yet because they're still holding out for Mr. Perfect. They don't have a problem finding men. They just don't like the choices they have of only imperfect men who make mistakes and come with flaws.

Guest Guest
I know things about women in this town that I wish I didnt know. I get texted and emailed by women that still see me as a possibility who I dont cut off with either because what if Im lonely one night? Sad. I see their husbands and have to be nice. I keep talking to them because Im afraid they could damage my reputation simply because I did her if all of a sudden I decided to stop. If I had to do post divorce all over again, Id do it different.

You sound like a real gem-no wonder youre divorced. I bet shes glad to be rid of you

Archived