I'm sorry

GALVATRON

I'd like to take this opportunity to apologize to all you Demo's for making fun of your global warming scam,when I went outside this morning to go to work I realized this winter is warm and the Earth is indeed warming up fast,I also realize it was wrong to make fun of Al Gore and his prize and map and chart,I hope you can find it in your bleeding hearts to forgive me,and as a token I'm going to donate all my short sleeve shirts and shorts to charity,I only hope it's not too late for people to use them this winter,don't worry about me,after taxes I might have enough money to buy some for myself when I get paid.Sorry about that.

I'd like to take this opportunity to apologize to all you Demo's for making fun of your global warming scam,when I went outside this morning to go to work I realized this winter is warm and the Earth is indeed warming up fast,I also realize it was wrong to make fun of Al Gore and his prize and map and chart,I hope you can find it in your bleeding hearts to forgive me,and as a token I'm going to donate all my short sleeve shirts and shorts to charity,I only hope it's not too late for people to use them this winter,don't worry about me,after taxes I might have enough money to buy some for myself when I get paid.Sorry about that.

Do I sense a sarcastic tone in your post? :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Guest al gore's druggie son

wow, you're scary. the debate isn't whether global warming is occuring. it is. you cannot find any expert that disagrees with it because it is documented fact. the earth's temp is rising. done deal. the debate and disagreement comes when discussing if humans are causing it. there are just as many that think we cause it as think the earth is just going through some cycle or changes. everything i have seen has convinced me that humans are not the main reason but there are some cooky environmentalists who think it is soley a human problem. they preach fear, not facts. it is true that when we use fuel and energy that we release bad things into the environment. but it isn't enough to change the earth. if you don't want green gases then ride your bike to work, use solar power, no air conditioning, and don't mow your lawn. i think you'll find most environmentalists due all those things and more. that's why they aren't taken seriously.

so please don't say you're on my side. your post is as ignorant as it gets. and you couldn't beat a 2yr old within an inch of his life. everyone's really scared of you. (maybe as a mental patient)

ahhhh my post got deleted. I know it was riddled with profanity - but it had it's good parts too. ( I simply lost control of myself when confronted with such DELETED - ooops - there I go again.

Anyway, It is almost impossible to believe the amount of ignorance ans tupidity in the initial post.

wow, you're scary. the debate isn't whether global warming is occuring. it is. you cannot find any expert that disagrees with it because it is documented fact. the earth's temp is rising. done deal. the debate and disagreement comes when discussing if humans are causing it. there are just as many that think we cause it as think the earth is just going through some cycle or changes. everything i have seen has convinced me that humans are not the main reason but there are some cooky environmentalists who think it is soley a human problem. they preach fear, not facts. it is true that when we use fuel and energy that we release bad things into the environment. but it isn't enough to change the earth. if you don't want green gases then ride your bike to work, use solar power, no air conditioning, and don't mow your lawn. i think you'll find most environmentalists due all those things and more. that's why they aren't taken seriously.

so please don't say you're on my side. your post is as ignorant as it gets. and you couldn't beat a 2yr old within an inch of his life. everyone's really scared of you. (maybe as a mental patient)

Well you could always find out for yourself.

You're kind of dumb . . . as in stupid as your post shows blind spots which go far beyond mere ignorance.

I agree, however, that your choosing a cartoon as your avitar was appropriate.

You're kind of dumb . . . as in stupid as your post shows blind spots which go far beyond mere ignorance.

I agree, however, that your choosing a cartoon as your avitar was appropriate.

Is that why you don't log in,so you can pretend all those guests are different people,good one,please point out the blind spots for me,not all scientists agree and none of them agree with Al,also I'm still waiting for your facts in the Bush War President thread.

Nobody is trying to scary,you could not be that much of a coward that you are scared of the internet,but if we were face to face you'd be scared to look,scared to death.

The truth is very different. Most of the media articles you will see refer to reports issued by the IPCC. The IPCC is the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate change, a political body appointed by the UN. Many of the 3,000 members of this panel are not scientists, but simply political appointees. The few real scientists on the panel have disputed the panel's findings but have been silenced by having their comments deleted from the reports.

Several of these scientists have asked to have their names removed from the IPCC report, but have had their requests denied. Several have actually sued the panel to have their names removed, but few have been successful.

The actual fact regarding consensus on this issue is that there are many more scientists who dispute the claims regarding global warming than there are who support them.

The IPCC reports rely on a particular computer model which projects temperature changes due to "positive feedback" reactions in the atmosphere. The IPCC report claims that as CO2 levels rise, temperatures will also rise causing more water to be evaporated into the air. Since water vapor is by far the leading greenhouse gas, increased water vapor is supposed to accelerate the global warming process in a runaway feedback loop. The actual scientific data, however, do no support the positive feedback model. The basic methodology used by the IPCC cannot be supported by actual data so the panel relies on the news media to filter the news that reaches the public. This article is an attempt to set the public record straight.

The link I have provided here will take you to a petition, signed by over 17,200 scientists who think that the currently available scientific data do not support the conclusion that global warming is anything other than a naturally occurring cyclic phenomenon. The site also contains a peer reviewed scientific paper that gives an overview of the existing climate science. This peer reviewed paper demonstrates that the positive feedback model is not valid and that therefor, the entire hypothesis of man-made global warming is also not validated.

Here are a few quotes from the paper and the petition:

The empirical evidence actual measurements of Earth's temperature shows no man-made warming trend. Indeed, over the past two decades, when CO2 levels have been at their highest, global average temperatures have actually cooled slightly.

Regarding carbon dioxide in the atmosphere:

The observed increases are of a magnitude that can, for example, be explained by oceans giving off gases naturally as temperatures rise. Indeed, recent carbon dioxide rises have shown a tendency to follow rather than lead global temperature increases.

Follow, rather than lead? Yes that is what the data show. In Al Gore's famous ice core data, showing the supposed correlation between temperature and CO2, what he neglected to say was that there was an 800 year time lag between a rise in global temperatures and the following rise in CO2. Yes, temperature goes up 800 years before CO2 levels rise.

Global warming alarmists claim that the temperatures we are seeing now are the highest in several thousand years. The science actually shows that:

During the Medieval Climate Optimum, temperatures were warm enough to allow the colonization of Greenland. These colonies were abandoned after the onset of colder temperatures. For the past 300 years, global temperatures have been gradually recovering . ... they are still a little below the average for the past 3,000 years. The human historical record does not report ''global warming'' catastrophes, even though temperatures have been far higher during much of the last three millennia.

The paper also presents a large amount of temperature measurement data, from a variety of sources, such as balloon and satellite, all of which show a slight downward trend in global temperatures, not a rise as would be expected from the IPCC computer models.

Disregarding uncertainties in surface measurements and giving equal weight to reported atmospheric and surface data and to 10 and 19 year averages, the mean global trend is minus 0.07 ºC per decade.

In short, the findings presented in the paper are:

The global warming hypothesis has been thoroughly evaluated. It does not agree with the data and is, therefore, not validated.

As for the coming disaster scenarios presented by the global warming advocates, such as sea levels rising:

The reported current global rate of rise amounts to only about plus 2 mm per year, or plus 8 inches per century, and even this estimate is probably high . The trends in rise and fall of sea level in various regions have a wide range of about 100 mm per year with most of the globe showing downward trends.

Most of the globe showing "downward trends?" Interesting. I will also tell you that by personal experience as a sailor, water levels aren't rising anywhere that I have sailed, and I have sailed from the Atlantic Ocean, to the Great Lakes to the Gulf of Mexico. The Great Lakes are actually falling significantly.

How about the claim that severe weather is increasing due to global warming?

Similarly, claims that hurricane frequencies and intensities have been increasing are also inconsistent with the data. Figure 16 shows the number of severe Atlantic hurricanes per year and also the maximum wind intensities of those hurricanes. Both of these values have been decreasing with time.

And:

As temperatures recover from the Little Ice Age, the more extreme weather patterns that characterized that period may be trending slowly toward the milder conditions that prevailed during the Middle Ages, which enjoyed average temperatures about 1 ºC higher than those of today.

The paper concludes with statements like:

There are no experimental data to support the hypothesis that increases in carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases are causing or can be expected to cause catastrophic changes in global temperatures or weather. To the contrary, during the 20 years with the highest carbon dioxide levels, atmospheric temperatures have decreased.

We also need not worry about environmental calamities, even if the current long-term natural warming trend continues. The Earth has been much warmer during the past 3,000 years without catastrophic effects. Warmer weather extends growing seasons and generally improves the habitability of colder regions. ''Global warming,'' an invalidated hypothesis, provides no reason to limit human production of CO2, CH4, N2O, HFCs, PFCs, and SF6 as has been proposed.

The Petition Project Site also includes a petition to the US Congress. The wording of the petition is:

We urge the United States government to reject the global warming agreement that was written in Kyoto, Japan in December, 1997, and any other similar proposals. The proposed limits on greenhouse gases would harm the environment, hinder the advance of science and technology, and damage the health and welfare of mankind.

There is no convincing scientific evidence that human release of carbon dioxide, methane, or other greenhouse gasses is causing or will, in the foreseeable future, cause catastrophic heating of the Earth's atmosphere and disruption of the Earth's climate. Moreover, there is substantial scientific evidence that increases in atmospheric carbon dioxide produce many beneficial effects upon the natural plant and animal environments of the Earth.

Given the fact that over 17,200 scientists have signed this petition, I would have to say that there certainly is no consensus among scientists that global warming is real or that it is man made. Those who promote the global warming hypothesis have a political agenda, not a scientific one. They are on a malicious mission to shut down the world's industrial societies and prevent the 4 billion or so human beings living in the third world from ever improving their condition. I find this to be unconscionable and inhuman. I condemn these people.

Perhaps it may be as simple as Michael Crichton said in his book "State of Fear." The politicians of the world have a vested interest in keeping the people in a state of fear. It enables the politicians to continually undermine the freedoms and rights of the people in the name of making them safe.

no expert agrees huh

Global warming may not exist

Many temperature measurements actually show a slight temperature decrease since 1979.

Scientist: Global cooling is coming

William Gray, the Colorado State researcher best-known for his hurricane forecasts, today predicted the Return of Global Cooling.

Gray said warming and cooling trends cannot go on indefinitely and that he believes temperatures are beginning to level out after a very warm year in 1998.

“We’re going to begin to see some cooling,” he said.

Oops.

Better trade in the Prius for a Hummer, honey, or else Cleveland is going back into cold storage.

Gray also said a warmer Earth makes it harder for hurricanes to form. Al Gore got it backwards.

I am so unsurprised.

Dan Elliott of the AP reported from Denver:

Back in 1991, before Al Gore first shouted that the Earth was in the balance, the Danish Meteorological Institute released a study using data that went back centuries that showed that global temperatures closely tracked solar cycles.

To many, those data were convincing. Now, Canadian scientists are seeking additional funding for more and better “eyes” with which to observe our sun, which has a bigger impact on Earth’s climate than all the tailpipes and smokestacks on our planet combined.

And they’re worried about global cooling, not warming.

Kenneth Tapping, a solar researcher and project director for Canada’s National Research Council, is among those looking at the sun for evidence of an increase in sunspot activity.

Solar activity fluctuates in an 11-year cycle. But so far in this cycle, the sun has been disturbingly quiet. The lack of increased activity could signal the beginning of what is known as a Maunder Minimum, an event which occurs every couple of centuries and can last as long as a century.

Such an event occurred in the 17th century. The observation of sunspots showed extraordinarily low levels of magnetism on the sun, with little or no 11-year cycle.

This solar hibernation corresponded with a period of bitter cold that began around 1650 and lasted, with intermittent spikes of warming, until 1715. Frigid winters and cold summers during that period led to massive crop failures, famine and death in Northern Europe.

Nobody is trying to scary,you could not be that much of a coward that you are scared of the internet,but if we were face to face you'd be scared to look,scared to death.

you're so stupid it takes you 5 posts to threaten someone. you still don't even understand what i said. the earth's temp is rising. IT IS SCIENTIFIC FACT. the debate is why and are humans the main reason. get it now? have a 5th grader explain it to you. the only thing that all scientists agree on is you couldn't fight your way out of a wet paperbag, sizzlechest. i agree if we were face to face i would be scared, but it would be because i've never met a transgender person before.

you're so stupid it takes you 5 posts to threaten someone. you still don't even understand what i said. the earth's temp is rising. IT IS SCIENTIFIC FACT. the debate is why and are humans the main reason. get it now? have a 5th grader explain it to you. the only thing that all scientists agree on is you couldn't fight your way out of a wet paperbag, sizzlechest. i agree if we were face to face i would be scared, but it would be because i've never met a transgender person before.

Come on,if I was a transgender monster I'd be jumping on Al's Democrat global warming scam bandwagon,like you.

Come on,if I was a transgender monster I'd be jumping on Al's Democrat global warming scam bandwagon,like you.

this has to be a joke. i don't agree with al gore. read my f'in posts. could someone explain to tough guy what the whole global warming debate is about? i can't take it anymore. he/she still doesn't get it.

Is that why you don't log in,so you can pretend all those guests are different people,good one,please point out the blind spots for me,not all scientists agree and none of them agree with Al,also I'm still waiting for your facts in the Bush War President thread.

no - we dont want a trail so that people like you know who we actually are. You are demented.

this has to be a joke. i don't agree with al gore. read my f'in posts. could someone explain to tough guy what the whole global warming debate is about? i can't take it anymore. he/she still doesn't get it.

The debate isn't about why it's getting warmer,because it's not I just posted it for you,not all scientists agree,some think the globe is cooling off,go outside AL Gore does it feel warm to you,and don't worry about the insults I don't care I'm sure it's hard being a coward your whole life,going on bcvoice and calling me tough guy and wet bag makes you feel like you actually will stick up for yourself and what you believe in,but if it is that serious log in and PM me and we could meet up,I never call the cops,ever.

The debate isn't about why it's getting warmer,because it's not I just posted it for you,not all scientists agree,some think the globe is cooling off,go outside AL Gore does it feel warm to you,and don't worry about the insults I don't care I'm sure it's hard being a coward your whole life,going on bcvoice and calling me tough guy and wet bag makes you feel like you actually will stick up for yourself and what you believe in,but if it is that serious log in and PM me and we could meet up,I never call the cops,ever.

i hate to debunk your educated and well thought out theories, but just because it gets cold out in the winter doesn't disprove the planet is warming as a whole. i know that's alot for you to grasp. it would be like me telling you to go outside in july when it's 95 degrees out as a way of proving global warming exists. i know a tiny mind like yours can't comprehend that, but hey, you have your cartoon figure!!! that's cool!!!! finally, the only thing you would need to call is an ambulance.

i hate to debunk your educated and well thought out theories, but just because it gets cold out in the winter doesn't disprove the planet is warming as a whole. i know that's alot for you to grasp. it would be like me telling you to go outside in july when it's 95 degrees out as a way of proving global warming exists. i know a tiny mind like yours can't comprehend that, but hey, you have your cartoon figure!!! that's cool!!!! finally, the only thing you would need to call is an ambulance.

I'll be waiting for that PM then.

I'll be waiting for that PM then.

what democrat? who ever said they were a democrat? your cartoon friend? don't know what a PM is but it doesn't matter if you are really serious. i fight professionally in the octagon. because of my knowledge of mixed martial arts it is illegal for me to use them irresponsibly. only in self defense. probably out of your weight class too. but hey, that doesn't mean we can't fight eachother intellectually on the computer. normally, that would give me the advantage. buy you have your cartoon friend with you. it's 2 on 1. bring it on.

If you're transgendered, you are giving the rest of us a bad name.

Archived