Vote No on School Budgets

Guest ANOTHER ANGRY PARENT

Guest ANOTHER ANGRY PARENT

Until schools become safe places for kids, VOTE NO ON SCHOOL BUDGETS! This is the only weapon we have against our schools that do nothing to educate our children.

Enemy of the State #1: Union Endicott Central Torturing District

There are stories by many parents and children out there of principals and teachers that lie about their students just to get them suspended. One poor kid at Charles F. Johnson Elementary last week was interrogated by Principal Michelle "CIA" Robinson. The poor kid was ordered to discuss something that happened days ago. He refused. She kept needling him until he dropped to the floor in a fetal position and began to cry. Another story has Interrogator Robinson kicking a child who was abused by a bully out of school while the bully was allowed to stay and bully other kids. This woman needs to quit now before angry parents start to call for her resignation, and before the state education department gets involved. I hope the first question she asks at her next job is, "Would you like fries with that?". :lol:

If you belong to this school, or know of another school that does this to children, VOTE NO ON THE BUDGET. Show them that they are not going to use your money for ruining kids lives! Get involved in the PTA. Usually PTA's are run by the same 4 or 5 "Good Ol' Girls" who want the honor and not the duty. Write letters to the editor, blog on this site, hold a sign up in front of your child's school, DO SOMETHING! Let them know that this is no longer going to work. If not, your children's lives remain at risk.

Guest Guest

That school (CFJ) is horrible. I went to drop something off for my kid the other day, and a little boy was running up and down the hallway without anyone stopping him. HELLO? They are just brain dead there. I'm sending my kid to Catholic school next year. At least they've got nuns there to take care of those brats. :P

Guest Guest
Until schools become safe places for kids, VOTE NO ON SCHOOL BUDGETS! This is the only weapon we have against our schools that do nothing to educate our children.

Enemy of the State #1: Union Endicott Central Torturing District

There are stories by many parents and children out there of principals and teachers that lie about their students just to get them suspended. One poor kid at Charles F. Johnson Elementary last week was interrogated by Principal Michelle "CIA" Robinson. The poor kid was ordered to discuss something that happened days ago. He refused. She kept needling him until he dropped to the floor in a fetal position and began to cry. Another story has Interrogator Robinson kicking a child who was abused by a bully out of school while the bully was allowed to stay and bully other kids. This woman needs to quit now before angry parents start to call for her resignation, and before the state education department gets involved. I hope the first question she asks at her next job is, "Would you like fries with that?". :lol:

If you belong to this school, or know of another school that does this to children, VOTE NO ON THE BUDGET. Show them that they are not going to use your money for ruining kids lives! Get involved in the PTA. Usually PTA's are run by the same 4 or 5 "Good Ol' Girls" who want the honor and not the duty. Write letters to the editor, blog on this site, hold a sign up in front of your child's school, DO SOMETHING! Let them know that this is no longer going to work. If not, your children's lives remain at risk.

And how do you "know" this information? Second, third or fourth hand?

Voting against the school budget is not the way to punish a teacher or principal; it only hurts the children. If you want to take action, why not attend a school board meeting and bring up your concerns there?

Guest Guest
Voting against the school budget is not the way to punish a teacher or principal; it only hurts the children. If you want to take action, why not attend a school board meeting and bring up your concerns there?

This is the same line of BS that's been peddled for years by education bureacrats and their fellow travelers. Are there no grounds for being against a school budget aside from wanting to "hurt" "the children"?

Guest Guest

Feel free to vote down budgets. Only certain things can be cut when you go to contingency, so don't hold your breath that it will be this principal. Your story sounds a bit over the top even if she doesn't handle things well. You don't really hurt kids by voting down budgets. You just eliminate the only things that were flexible, like field trips, sports programs, equipement and supplies. JUst don't fuss when teachers send home bigger suppliy lists because those items were cut from the budget.

Feel free to vote down budgets. Only certain things can be cut when you go to contingency, so don't hold your breath that it will be this principal. Your story sounds a bit over the top even if she doesn't handle things well. You don't really hurt kids by voting down budgets. You just eliminate the only things that were flexible, like field trips, sports programs, equipement and supplies. JUst don't fuss when teachers send home bigger suppliy lists because those items were cut from the budget.

But that does hurt the kids, doesn't it?

Guest Fed-Up CV

14.4% increase in the CV tax levy?!?!?!?

ARE YOU SERIOUS????????????

I'm certainly voting NO and there is no way I'm voting for any incumbent for the school board.

Those people are out of touch.

Guest Guest

This is old information. What stays in and out on a contingency budget has changed.

Guest Guest

I'm certainly voting NO and there is no way I'm voting for any incumbent for the school board.

And if they go to a contingency budget, the tax increase is 12.2%. Find out what happens to a school district when it goes to a contingency budget. You are only hurting the kids.

Guest guest
And if they go to a contingency budget, the tax increase is 12.2%. Find out what happens to a school district when it goes to a contingency budget. You are only hurting the kids.

Actually, very little is cut out in the case of a contingency budget. The kids won't get hurt a bit.

Guest VESTAL

TRY AND SWALLOW THE 2.2% AT VESTAL :blink::blink::blink:

2.2%=APPROX A $400.00 PER HOUSEHOLD INCREASE ;););)

STOP THE MADNESS :angry:

Guest Contingency Budget Blues

I completely agree. Though the principal, administration, and teachers will suffer the kids will get the short end of the stick in the long run. From personal experience (graduated high school last year) our school was forced to go on a contingency budget because the majority of the voters voted no. At first my reaction as a student was oh well, what will possibly be taken away. The school cut extracurricular activities, sports (some modified sports were taken away completely), and many other things to keep kids active in the school and community. I'm not saying kids were dropping out because of these privledges being revoked, but there was a big increase of kids getting thrown into detention and causing trouble after school. My point is, if you want a contigency budget go ahead. If you think things are bad now, just watch your good kid turn into an evil seed because they're bored and have nothing to do after school. You've been warned!

Guest Guest

It is unfortunate that they need to cut modified sports but there are community and rec leagues that kids can still participate in at that age. Sorry but I will be voting NO to the CV budget - it's time to send a message!

Guest guest
It is unfortunate that they need to cut modified sports but there are community and rec leagues that kids can still participate in at that age. Sorry but I will be voting NO to the CV budget - it's time to send a message!

The modified sports program at CV has already been cut. These cuts will be made under the 14.4% tax increase. There will be only one 7th/8th Grade football team, there will be only one 7th/8th Grade baseball team, and the sports bus taking students home after sports practices has been eliminated. I suspect that due to the current financial condition of the district, these cuts will only be the beginning. Sad. This situation didn't have to happen. Other area schools our size seem to be able to maintain programs that CV must eliminate.

Guest Guest

That's right. If the suits had been doing their high paying jobs, these drastic cuts would not have happened. Hurting the students is getting rid of the teachers, get rid of the excess suits, the ARE NOT doing their jobs....

Guest Guest
Actually, very little is cut out in the case of a contingency budget. The kids won't get hurt a bit.

You are very wrong. The facilities of the districe will no longer be availabile to the public under a contingency budget. No more swimming nights at the high school. No more civic basketball. The kids will be missing out.

This is all over a 2% difference. 14% is a lot but the contingency is still 12%.

Everyone who complains about school budgets is truly sad. Can't you do anything better than complain about something that affects EVERYONE in your district? Why not run for your local school board and try to make a budget change there? Get over it - people will forever pay school taxes and voting down a budget does nothing but drastically reduce the amount of activities and supplies the kids of the district have, and it also cuts out the public's use of school facilities. But that's ok, I'm sure you all will be the first to complain about that if it happens.

Guest Do It
That's right. If the suits had been doing their high paying jobs, these drastic cuts would not have happened. Hurting the students is getting rid of the teachers, get rid of the excess suits, the ARE NOT doing their jobs....

Vote for Stuart Elliot.

The guy might be a munson but he is highly intelligent and will ask the hard questions and demand the answers.

Guest Guest
Vote for Stuart Elliot.

The guy might be a munson but he is highly intelligent and will ask the hard questions and demand the answers.

What's a "munson"?

Guest Guest
Broome county does need need 12 school districts!!!!!! Dived th county in quarters and make 4 out 12.

Guest guest
Vote for Stuart Elliot.

I agree with this.......although I am not sure what a "munson" is. Do you mean "Munster"?

Guest Maybe for one year but...

It may not make much of a difference if the school budget gets voted down for one year, but if the residents catch on and make it a tradition you will truely see a great school district decline rapidly.

ps: I'm not even in the CV district, but I've seen what happens to a district when these things constantly get ignored/voted down.

Guest Coming to America
Broome county does need need 12 school districts!!!!!! Dived th county in quarters and make 4 out 12.

Could you maybe retype your statement in English please. We are in America you know!

Archived