Kevin Stevens at it again

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

You guys are pathetic. A local beatwriter who grew up in the area writes an article about a high profile local athlete and all you do is whine about it. Sure, Kevin is friends with Matt's father, alot of us are. We've been following Matt's high school successes and are glad to see him land at a school where he can take a shot at D1 and get a top notch education. Good for him. He seems to be pretty well grounded about the opportunity he's getting. Keep your ignorance to yourself. Jealousy is an ugly thing.

Hes friends with Matt's father??????????????? A lot of you maybe friends with Matts dad but you don't write for for the Press. Theres th explanation of all the press-thank you...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest
Wrong again - local kid going to a local university with a good academic ranking - no housing or cost of living expenses. Pick any school above and tell me how you beat the deal.

That's NOT what the newspaper quote was about though, beating the overall deal. He said you can't academically beat BU and THAT is what is wrong. Your point is right for overall deal (live at home etc), but not for what you replied to and declared was wrong.

Guest Guest
If you actually think SUNY at Binghamton/Vestal actually can hold a candle academically to any of the institutions I listed, then you are grossly misinformed and potentially missing out on a much better professional career than you could have were you to attend one of the aforementioned institutions.

I look forward to you bringing me my coffee and fetching my mail while hoping to see the word "Binghamton" on the ESPN or CNN sports scrolls.

I'll take just a bit of cream with my coffee. You missed the whole point of my post. I did NOT say BU ranked academically with the IVY league or any of the other schools you mention. What I said was none of the other schools "could beat the deal". Without scholarship dollars, the expenses for living and food are equal or more than tuition. English 101, Mr. Knight, assumes we have reading comprehension skills. And.. quite frankly, it's not the piece of paper that counts - - it's what you do with it in the real world.

Guest Guet

Other than baseball (which has more spots at the D1 level than any other sport) name 5 other local athletes who are going D1 in something. Now tell me why there was a big article on Mullins.

P.S. BU is the top rated SUNY school, and honestly Matt isn't a great student so I think for him you couldn't do better than that.

@@@

Guest Guest

Other than baseball (which has more spots at the D1 level than any other sport) name 5 other local athletes who are going D1 in something. Now tell me why there was a big article on Mullins.

P.S. BU is the top rated SUNY school, and honestly Matt isn't a great student so I think for him you couldn't do better than that.

Honestly, Keough could have easily been a walk on there but he wanted to actually see the court-so yes there is others who could have played for a small D1 but chose to actually play instead. If he was going on a full scholarship that may have been a little more impressive.... This sounds like the coach wanted a local kid to boost up the area's support and since Mullins wasn't going anywhere else why not? Why was there a big article-I think that was answered if you read back just a few!! As far as the education- good school!!

Guest Guest

@@@

wrestling Alone- fewest DI roster spots/ Teams

Vinson- full ride- BU

Morabito- full ride- BU

Capone- Appt- Naval Academy

Peters- full ride- Buffalo

Carling- full ride- Drexel

Guest Guest

Plenty of local softballers playing D-1, plus more signed this year. How about Dougherty at Villanova & Kimmell at Temple (both hoops). Kristen Brady is in the paper today, D-1 lacrosse at SU. There's more than 5 not in baseball. (BTW, baseball may have more "spots" but they are rarely full rides. They generally split them up among the team members.)

Guest Guest
what was wrong there was that Stevens has beef with Hurd so he takes it out on his team.

It's not that easy to write about U-E football when the coach, as good as he is, won't let the Press talk to the players. Don't put this on Stevens, put it where it belongs, on Hurd.

@

Archived