Noticing an elephant in the room

The West Sider

Amen to you. I hope you told her "No, they are to busy borrowing money from their bank or using their credit card to FEEL like they are SOMEBODY." America is one step away from being done. Our trump card is being played right now. If our government is not successful at murdering hundreds of thousands of people only because they have brown skin and sit on oil, belly up America. And we are "EXCEPTIONAL"...remember that you cowards.

Russia and China are not going to take a back seat to what you just wrote, why is it that so many people do not realize what is going on? oh I forgot NASCAR.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest
Amen to you. I hope you told her "No, they are to busy borrowing money from their bank or using their credit card to FEEL like they are SOMEBODY."

A Russian woman?

She would just laugh. She's borrowing money from her husband's bank and using his credit card.

Guest Guest

Obviously you didn't understand the title of the post. It pretty much is self-explanatory in regards to my opinion.

But since you don't get it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elephant_in_the_room

You're welcome.

No, the title was clear as to what it meant. It's rather common knowledge. But YOUR opinion was not. We cannot read your mind that your opinion might be what many others might have from reading the article.

Thankyou for providing a brief historical context toward our shared frame of reference Madned. It's been both instructive and entertaining. :)

Thankyou for providing a brief historical context toward our shared frame of reference Madned. It's been both instructive and entertaining. :)

Well thank you.

We did get off the subject a little, but all revolutions and wars are after all about money, the rise in crime you may say is about drug money and a turf war, if some big hitters decide it is worth their while to take over the streets in the triple cities we can expect more shootings. Have a good day.

Guest Waiting for the spin cycle

DELETED

Not as good as the fix it guy but I'm bored and yes that was a double entendere!

Unlike the rest of the human race, public servants are slipping backward on the evolutionary scale. We are especially screwed in Binghamton. During their days of delegation, they sought to immolate some of the finer points while society asked (as best they could) for law-n-order to maintain better lives for themselves. But, in the last several decades they have been given their freedom and have been encouraged to celebrate univerCities and their nonexistant culture. As a result, public servants have rapidly begun to devolve into the useless violate things they were before they were taken out of the grass roots 40 years ago. Just like government adapts to the size of the fish bowl it lives in, public servants will fall to the lowest, most primitive standards of behaviour that localities allow them to-and in most cases, they're removed from all of the STOPS! bellowing to ACT JUST LIKE.

Guest Guest

Unlike the rest of the human race, Broome County residents are slipping backward on the evolutionary scale. We are screwed. During their days of prosperity, they sought to emulate some of the finer points of American society (as best they could) in order to attain better lives for themselves. But the last several decades they have been given their unemployment benefits and have been encouraged to celebrate rolleye culture. As a result, they have rapidly begun to devolve into the bumpkins they were before Endicott-Johnson, IBM, and SUNY, 100 years ago. Just like the goldfish that adapts to the size of the fishbowl it lives in, rolleyes will fall to the lowest, most primitive standards of behavior that society allows them to - and in this case, we've removed all the stops by allowing them to wear their pajamas in public while they dumpster-dive for bottles and cans to supplement their disability fraud.

Guest Guest

Unlike the rest of the human race, Broome County residents are slipping backward on the evolutionary scale. We are screwed. During their days of prosperity, they sought to emulate some of the finer points of American society (as best they could) in order to attain better lives for themselves. But the last several decades they have been given their unemployment benefits and have been encouraged to celebrate rolleye culture. As a result, they have rapidly begun to devolve into the bumpkins they were before Endicott-Johnson, IBM, and SUNY, 100 years ago. Just like the goldfish that adapts to the size of the fishbowl it lives in, rolleyes will fall to the lowest, most primitive standards of behavior that society allows them to - and in this case, we've removed all the stops by allowing them to wear their pajamas in public while they dumpster-dive for bottles and cans to supplement their disability fraud.

Pajamas if we're lucky. Now that it's warm, the rolleyes are showing off their god-awful tattoos and body-by-OCB rolls in ill-fitting tank tops, short-shorts, and bare chests (on the men).

They're hard to ignore too, since they are so loud with their profanities and smoker hacks.

Civility lost years ago here.

Guest Guest

Pajamas if we're lucky. Now that it's warm, the rolleyes are showing off their god-awful tattoos and body-by-OCB rolls in ill-fitting tank tops, short-shorts, and bare chests (on the men).

They're hard to ignore too, since they are so loud with their profanities and smoker hacks.

Equally lost by the hoity toidy nose in the air pompous DELETED like you who judge everyone on appearance and not substance.

Guest Guest

I was behind one yesterday at the grocery store. She must have had 8 different tattoos on her body (that I saw) including the proverbial tramp stamp, but was paying for her $200+ worth of food with a welfare benefits card. It left me with a warm feeling knowing my tax dollars pay for her food so she can use her extra cash to get tattoos.

Guest Guest

Equally lost by the hoity toidy nose in the air pompous DELETEDlike you who judge everyone on appearance and not substance.

Usually appearance is directly related to substance. You don't have to be pompous to know that. And if you are sticking up for the loud and foul-mouthed cretins that seem to be multiplying faster than fruit flies in ths area, you are probably one of them.

Guest Guest

Usually appearance is directly related to substance. You don't have to be pompous to know that. And if you are sticking up for the loud and foul-mouthed cretins that seem to be multiplying faster than fruit flies in ths area, you are probably one of them.

I bet you are the best looking thing in Broome County, in your eyes.

Guest Guest

I bet you are the best looking thing in Broome County, in your eyes.

A. That wouldn't be hard.

B. We aren't talking about you...your tats are super classy.

I had no idea they were wearing pajamas, until it was pointed out to me, is this a fad or are these people lazy? I saw a guy wearing them on Charlotte St. he was filthy and so were the pajamas and he was barefoot, at one time I didn't mind telling people I lived in Binghamton.

Guest Guest

I had no idea they were wearing pajamas, until it was pointed out to me, is this a fad or are these people lazy? I saw a guy wearing them on Charlotte St. he was filthy and so were the pajamas and he was barefoot, at one time I didn't mind telling people I lived in Binghamton.

I think it goes along with the "need to be comfortable at all times" way of thinking that brought us flip-flops and track suits as fashion.

I think it goes along with the "need to be comfortable at all times" way of thinking that brought us flip-flops and track suits as fashion.

Why is this even an issue with you?

Is someone forcing you to wear PJs and flip flops?

Who cares what people wear? If you dress with more self respect, you can expect people to treat you like you have a sense of self worth. If you dress like a cretin, well....you can expect people to simply ignore you or laugh at you when you speak. Wheres the issue?

Guest Guest

Why is this even an issue with you?

Is someone forcing you to wear PJs and flip flops?

Who cares what people wear? If you dress with more self respect, you can expect people to treat you like you have a sense of self worth. If you dress like a cretin, well....you can expect people to simply ignore you or laugh at you when you speak. Wheres the issue?

The issue is bigger than flip-flops and PJ's. People who don't have enough self worth to look respectable in public also don't give a crap about littering, keeping up their property (or someone else's) or being civic-minded enough to do things like volunteer or vote.

Spend much time downtown? If you did you would never want to invest money in putting a business there with the number of dirtbags that roam the streets.

The issue is bigger than flip-flops and PJ's. People who don't have enough self worth to look respectable in public also don't give a crap about littering, keeping up their property (or someone else's) or being civic-minded enough to do things like volunteer or vote.

Spend much time downtown? If you did you would never want to invest money in putting a business there with the number of dirtbags that roam the streets.

I agree with you 110% but you have to remember you are talking about bingodump.

People are too busy with their job to be concerned with the condition of their city. They are too busy to vote and be proactive about the crime and filth that defines who and what they are.

I havent spent any time other than passing through in binghetto in 15 years. I cant stand to see what it has become. Lazy worthless scumbags that enjoy wallowing in filth. I wouldnt even concider putting in a chicken pen for cock fighting in the dump.

Guest West Windsor

Beautiful downtown Binghamton, NY. The garden spot of South Central New York State. Home of pot holes, boarded up and burnt out buildings, fat tattooed freaks and rotted out Chevy's. But most seem to love it there.

Guest first rewriter

Yours is better-I almost choked on my coffee laughing when I got to the pajamas part!

Guest Guest

:rolleyes:

Archived