Schools closing early???

Celtic Witch

Ah, the good ol days, when they didn't even think about closing schools until the snow was already piling up. Granted, it is better to ensure the students are home before travel becomes dangerous, but announcing dismissals/closings before a snow flake is even within 3 hours of the area is a bit much. I heard at 6:00am that Greene was closing at 11:30am and they are predicting 3 to 4 inches. With policies like that how would they even manage to have school in northern Canada?

I just don't get it today with the schools. I grew up on Colesville Road and went to Windsor. We would have 6 + inches on the ground, it still snowing and we'd still go to school. The only thing you could hope for is the bus slipping off the road and getting stuck ( which never happened ).

Today, 2 inches of snow or the possible snow coming, schools close. Better made busses, better road clearing Equ and they still close.

That's progress for you, anything to get out of a half day of teaching.

:P

Binghamton schools are closing 12 noon for High School and Elem and 1 PM for Middle School

I predict it will snow the second Tuesday of next week. Better close all schools now.

Rather foolish deciding to close schools so far in advance?

Windsor Schools

Middle School - 12:30

High School - 12:45

Elementary Schools - 1:30

There will be no after-school activities and the Board of Education meeting has been canceled.

Archived