Tired of hands out for one thing or another

Guest Mac

Guest Mac

Its gotten out of hand. No matter where you go you're asked if you want to contribute to this cause that cause its constant and annoying. You have those behind you contemplating what they will say when confronted in front of everyone. To me it's No, No, No! I'm trying to keep up with everything just to go day by day and yet there is a whole population that actually has it better then where I'm in the middle.

Two classes survive with no problem Upper class and Lower, the middle gets srewed always. No help for us, just taxed to death to take care of the lower class that has it all, dental,hospital,foodstamps,rent payment,clothing and all items needed, strollers bikes,toys..I give up, it's all there is to take care of our needs my family with NO Help at all, and ride the rail of my mortgage getting out of hand or my electric bills etc. One job no longer does it, and to be taxed on top of tax for those who have WELFARE!

The key to New York State is to come down on Welfare Fraud it's rampant and SServices does nothing to stop it, why should they it keeps them employed.

Guest Guest

What's bugging me is now cash register attendants ASK you if you want to donate $1 to this or that special fund for someone or some disease.

They used to plaster their walls with the little paper hearts and shamrocks with everyone's name on them. Now they've resorted to hitting you up when you're most vulnerable...when you're reaching in your wallet.

It's a lovely little guilt technique....vulture marketing tactics.

I always say "No thanks, not today."

Now that they've come up with the next generation in soliciting, I have to wonder what's next. Will they have someone follow you around the store with a can in their hand? Will they put a closed circuit camera on your wallet and have a speaker announce to everyone how much money is in there?

Try having 3 business phone lines. Every day atleast 4 calls a day donate to this, buy that....Congrats your business has just been approved for bla bla bla. I dont answer any call that doesnt show the number or the out of area calls :angry:

Guest Guest
Try having 3 business phone lines. Every day atleast 4 calls a day donate to this, buy that....Congrats your business has just been approved for bla bla bla. I dont answer any call that doesnt show the number or the out of area calls :angry:

We used to get those "CONGRATS!! You've won a wonderful vacation in....." faxes until we moved and our fax # changed.

Advertising is so pervasive now that welfare people will start tatooing corporate logos on their foreheads and the belly rolls of their fat, young white DELETED.

We used to get those "CONGRATS!! You've won a wonderful vacation in....." faxes until we moved and our fax # changed.

Advertising is so pervasive now that welfare people will start tatooing corporate logos on their foreheads and the belly rolls of their fat, young white DELETED.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

the best way to handle an unwanted call is to start to hit on them....ask them what they are wearing. what turns them on. if they are in a relationship. try to keep them on the line as long as possible talking about everything BUT what they are selling...it's really quite amusing

:lol:

Pull your pantys up and learn to say no and not let it bother you.
Dont let it bother me infact I find it some what of a sport finding different ways to politely tell them to to kiss off. Thanks for the advice though. It was helpful. I wrote it down on some Charmin and did with it what was appropriate for such good advice :rolleyes:

Guest Guest

Every store you walk into..... "would you like to donate your change to literacy?"

The Salvation Army bells are like bagpipes. The sound sends me into a rage.

Those donations bins are just chum for thiefs. That's why most of them are chained or screwed down.

DELETED and all these problems go away. It's that simple.

Guest Guest
I have no problem saying no to those on the street or in the stores.

The phone calls I simply tell them to call back as I am busy dealing with the coroner

I love it when I get those calls where they ask "may I speak with the lady of the house?" I always say "she's dead". Then I hear "well, may I speak with the man of the house?". I say "he's dead too. As a matter of fact we're all dead here so take us off your list." Then I hang up.

Wow! I almost peed myself when I read that.

Guest Guest

First, register your number in a Do Not Call list. Then, when they call you again (and they will) you tell them that you are on this list and that what they are doing is illegal. If it is a credit card, tell them that because of their practices, you are bankrupt and not to waste their time on you. If they try to talk you into something, don't let them speak, it's hard because you are polite, but interrupt them and tell them that the Lord is calling at your door and you must answer. Then hang up.

@

Received a call from some water purification company and when I told them I wasn't interested, they asked if I wanted to drink dirty water. I told them, yes, the dirtier the better and would like lots of toxins in it too. They didn't know what to say and never called back.

Archived