ME basketball

Guest Guest

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at your schedule and record I wouldn't say you are bad. You are an "A" team playing all "AA" teams. Other than Binghamton your losses have only been by a few points. Your defense is holding opponents scoring down very well and if you add about 4 points a game to your offense, you have at least 3 more wins. I think come sectionals your tough schedule will pay off. I can picture ME beating Seton for the Class A championship.

They are just too young to beat the teams they play in the metro this year. They are an A playing all AA teams and play a Frosh and three Sophomores.. They play very hard and hold AA schools in the 30s and 40s but just cant score enough to beat them. I think all of their losses except Binghamton have been by 2 or 3 points so they are right there with everyone they play but just cant pull them out yet. They bring everyone back and should be right there with the top teams in the league for the next two years.

Get over your "Frosh" and "Sophomores". Those Gallagher boys are a grade behind. Spring birthdays and held back. That one will be 19+ graduating from high school.

AA schools doesn't mean they are good. ME is awful and seeing a team score only 36 points is sad. I feel bad for the kids on that team who don't play...

Would rather see them have Seton's schedule? They would probably be undefeated now and you would feel they were great. I don't think there is one opponent on Seton's schedule (excluding dwi tourn) that could beat any of the Class AA schools on ME's schedule. On the other side of the coin Seton definitely would not be undefeated if they had ME's schedule. 4 losses at least.

AA schools doesn't mean they are good. ME is awful and seeing a team score only 36 points is sad. I feel bad for the kids on that team who don't play...

First of all, Horseheads and Corning and Elmira and Vestal for that matter all suck. And if your excuse is that you are playing youth what does that say about your program? What happened to the juniors and seniors? You all know what happened, right? The saw the writing on the wall with Ocker's butt love with the Gallaghers, etc and got out. No question. What a waste of two classes of athletes.

Guest fact checker

Last year maine endwells basketball team won their third straight dwi tournament..won sec four class a..went deeper into the state tournament than any previous spartan program..guess what??.. seven, seven, thats right seven seniors graduated.. returners.senior fedor..carden..juniors eggy..austin ..left vteam for basball..soph gallagher. my unenlightened commentator of which you know little, and envy lots..that is where the seniors and juniors went..me is starting..one senior..fedor..and all other significant minutes are played by underclassmen... very inexpierenced, playing a aggressive schedule..they are holding their own because they have a demandingcoach whose preparation is unsurpassed..they are ready to play, have a game plan nightly, just short on talent.. they can not score..the waste was your post...be more factual and less anti anything spartan...

Last year maine endwells basketball team won their third straight dwi tournament..won sec four class a..went deeper into the state tournament than any previous spartan program..guess what??.. seven, seven, thats right seven seniors graduated.. returners.senior fedor..carden..juniors eggy..austin ..left vteam for basball..soph gallagher. my unenlightened commentator of which you know little, and envy lots..that is where the seniors and juniors went..me is starting..one senior..fedor..and all other significant minutes are played by underclassmen... very inexpierenced, playing a aggressive schedule..they are holding their own because they have a demandingcoach whose preparation is unsurpassed..they are ready to play, have a game plan nightly, just short on talent.. they can not score..the waste was your post...be more factual and less anti anything spartan...

No program depth. That my grammatically challenged is not good. You played in the short bus division in the DWI for many years. You move up to the Boces bus division and win. . .nothing. Challenging schedule? Elmira? Corning? Horseheads? Seriously? Get a life, suckhole.

Guest fact checker

Well my son at least i have you foolishly calling me names, instead of directing your venom at the spartans..a few more of your misrepresentations have to be pointed out..am i truly a suckhole??.depict one for me??..the spartan program lacks depth?..they have modified, jv, varsity, aau, and summer league programs..WHO HAS MORE??..why question the teams schedule?? they beat who they played ..period..they dont make the dwi schedule..lastly....elmira...corning, and horseheads are class aa programs..the spartans are class a...when all your games are against schools in a higher class my misguided friend...that is playing a aggressive schedule...me thinks...

Guest really boys

AA means they have more students. In the case of the AA schools around here that means they are close to double M-E's size. Good or not a larger school has more students to pick from so they have more opportunity to be good.

In theory, M-E could have 2 of every player on the team- they would have guys who now play varsity on JV (if they had double the students).

That's why they divide them into classes in the first place- to create a level playing field. League play isn't sectional play- you play who's in your league (division).

Which juniors/ seniors that are not playing are better than the players that are on the team? If they are not on the team, that was their choice. Not one player has been cut in 2 years from the varsity team. IMO, if they are not playing it is because they did not want to committ to playing for a great coach who is very demanding and who holds his players accountable. Not many kids now a days can handle being made to work hard, play in a disciplined system, and being told the truth about their ability and actions.

2 come to mind. Kozecki and austin. austin can 2 hand dunk from a stand still under basket, saw him do it in gym. Big and tougher than anybody out there. Kozecki just plain fast.

Facts on Maine Endwell Basketball:

---Went farther than any team in Section 4 last year

---Lost 7 seniors including 5 starters

---Only had 2 players returning that played on last years team The third was a 6 foot 7 center who decided not to play to concentrate on earning a baseball scholarship

---Youngest team in section 4 playing three sophs and a freshmen

---Only team in section 4 to play every one of their scheduled games against larger schools

They are 6-6 and have lost sevral games at the buzzer. Should they be undefeated?

2 come to mind. Kozecki and austin. austin can 2 hand dunk from a stand still under basket, saw him do it in gym. Big and tougher than anybody out there. Kozecki just plain fast.

Both great kids, but kozecke is out of control, and Austin can not dunk, and is lazy. Both would help this years team, but their record would not be any different.

They just do not have the talent this year, they lost too much. I'm sure they will be back to being one of the better teams in the area in the next year or two.

As for this year, they have no chance of beating seton in the sectionals. IF they beat JC first, which there is a good chance that they won't, seton will easily beat them. They could potentially hold them to 25 points...total. Torto will have 20+ on his own.

Facts on Maine Endwell Basketball:

---Went farther than any team in Section 4 last year

---Lost 7 seniors including 5 starters

---Only had 2 players returning that played on last years team The third was a 6 foot 7 center who decided not to play to concentrate on earning a baseball scholarship

---Youngest team in section 4 playing three sophs and a freshmen

---Only team in section 4 to play every one of their scheduled games against larger schools

They are 6-6 and have lost sevral games at the buzzer. Should they be undefeated?

To bad they caught JC on an offnight last year. JC was the better team just not in that night.

To bad they caught JC on an offnight last year. JC was the better team just not in that night.

Woitach has beaten Ocker 2 out of 10 games. JC had an off night cuz M-E made them have an off night...

Get over your "Frosh" and "Sophomores". Those Gallagher boys are a grade behind. Spring birthdays and held back. That one will be 19+ graduating from high school.

Can you explain this further? They have spring birthdays and were held out of school? Wow! Do you know if it was for academic/emotional reasons or is the father that crazy and did it for athletic reasons?

Archived