ME basketball

Guest Guest

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest FACT CHECKER

ME has a 0% chance of beating Seton. Seton got blown out by Bing, but who hasn't this year? Getting a transfer, one of the best players in the area, never hurts, but Bing is a great team, so take nothing away from them.

Seton is going to come back hard this week. starting tonight against JC, I sense another 30 point win. And then they will embarass ME in the sectional championship by 20+ on Thurs.

The game of the stac season was to be seton vs bing..bing destroyed seton..seton is a big fish, when in a small pond..now to get out of the section they have to beat two of three teams with a combined record of 21 wins...thirty one losses..how and why should any of the three feel embarrassed to lose to the mighty saints??.earlier this season one of their deluded apostles claimed seton had three division one players on their roster..the saints have possibly two all star selections suiting up, the other three combined do not have as many.. their opponent me. has none..their opponent has six underclassmen doing the majority of impact play..the saints ..seven seniors..the saints..over rated..the spartans ..overachievers..seton blew big time their claim for local supremity..the only embarrassment surrounding this team is their OWN...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mcdonalds

Seton did win but they should be embarrassed of how the refs treated the Spartans. Ocker is a class coach. The Spartans were nowhere close in talent to torto smothers and Armstrong but still should have one. But the Spartans have next year with the majority of a overachieving squad coming back

Guest guest

You can complain about the refs all you want, they were bad. anyone in the arena would agree. but, you have to be able to rise above that and make plays to win the game, and seton did that. there were many calls that could have gone either way. i think both went to the line a similar amount of times. ME missed A LOT of free throws, particulaly in the 3rd quarter, I think missing 4 in a row on a couple of consecutive possessions. Make a few of those and maybe they win.

Nice gameplan by ME coach, knew all of setons plays and was ready to jump the pass to the wing and double team there. seton coach on the other hand, ran the same plays (X and open and 4 low) the whole game...anyone person listening should have known what was coming! absolutely no ability to be flexible and adaptable to the current game situation

Guest Guest

You can complain about the refs all you want, they were bad. anyone in the arena would agree. but, you have to be able to rise above that and make plays to win the game, and seton did that. there were many calls that could have gone either way. i think both went to the line a similar amount of times. ME missed A LOT of free throws, particulaly in the 3rd quarter, I think missing 4 in a row on a couple of consecutive possessions. Make a few of those and maybe they win.

Nice gameplan by ME coach, knew all of setons plays and was ready to jump the pass to the wing and double team there. seton coach on the other hand, ran the same plays (X and open and 4 low) the whole game...anyone person listening should have known what was coming! absolutely no ability to be flexible and adaptable to the current game situation

And yet, they just won their 4th consecutive sectional title.

Guest Guest

I'm willing to bet there are very few people who thought M-E would win Section IV Class A this year. Maybe the most hardcore Sparents, not many others. They are a very young team and have a nice program. They'll be kicking sAINTS butts for the next couple of years with regularity. Unless SCC reloads with a bunch of recruits, their pipeline has pretty much run dry.

Guest Guest

Ocker prepares his ME teams better than any other coach in section 4. Find me a team that plays harder than that group of freshmen sophomores and a couple juniors. His teams will always be in games because of what and how he teaches his kids.

Guest Guest

Ocker prepares his ME teams better than any other coach in section 4. Find me a team that plays harder than that group of freshmen sophomores and a couple juniors. His teams will always be in games because of what and how he teaches his kids.

He's a good coach, but still relatively young. When he has some titles, he can be in the conversation with the Springers, Sinickis, Mackeys, of the area.

Guest guest

He'll get there.

He's a good coach, but still relatively young. When he has some titles, he can be in the conversation with the Springers, Sinickis, Mackeys, of the area.

Guest guest

next year this team will be hard to beat..ocker is a great coach who will prepare these guys for anything..they'll have their leading scorer back (gallagher), their best defender who by the way frustrated torto the whole game yesterday (eggleston), best rebounders and post players (wisniewski and heimes)...gonna be hard to beat

Guest hoopsman

the coaches you mentioned ..good coaches..i put ocker in their class because he gets results beyond his players talents..he prepares his teams as well as anybody..give him the talent that springer and the other coaches won with, and he would produce ..

Guest guest

what do you call.. making a move to the basket, drawing contact and making the field goal that puts your team up one with about twenty seconds left in the game??i call that rising up. meeting the challenge..unfortunately for me, dadamio called it a charge.a me team with ten losses gave the mighty saints..the mt vernon almosts the scare of their life..great coaching job.great determination from the young spartans...but still a tough out..

Guest Guest

The Gallagher kids are held back. Enough about your "sophomores", etc. He's a 17 year old as a sophomore. Spring birthday. Many kids are 17 when they graduate from high school. Blah, blah, blah.

Guest Guest

The Gallagher kids are held back. Enough about your "sophomores", etc. He's a 17 year old as a sophomore. Spring birthday. Many kids are 17 when they graduate from high school. Blah, blah, blah.

At the end of the day, Kyle is in 10th grade and has 2 more years to play HS basketball and football. What does it matter when his birthday is?? Jealous much??

Guest Guest

And beyond that, beyond the import of four pages of this crap and another twenty during football season, beyond jealous diatribe about his talent etc... He is a nice kid who makes good grades and will grow up to be a nice young man. Don't let your jealousy make you miss the big picture.

HE'S 16. STOP TALKING YOU TURD

Guest Guest

Coach Ocker is as tough a coach as there is in this area. His teams always play the same no matter how small, young, inexperienced etc. Hats off to him and his kids for their performance against a much more experienced Saints team. Without that awful referee blunder at the end I think they steal that win and move on. They should be pretty good for the next couple years.

Guest Guest

8-11 is over achieving?? Wow thet suck.

based on talent, experience and their schedule maine endwell should of won about four games..they won eight..i believe they overachieved..some of their losses were close ..to div winner horseheads..etc. nice job by the kids and the coaching staff..

Guest guest

Get real people this area is not known for basketball. Either team would and will get killed outside this area.

last year M-e was one point away from making the state final 4. Class A is so weak that they could have done it again this year

• 3 weeks later...

Archived