ME basketball

Guest Guest

Can you explain this further? They have spring birthdays and were held out of school? Wow! Do you know if it was for academic/emotional reasons or is the father that crazy and did it for athletic reasons?

Is the one that will be 19+ when he graduates a baseball player? If so he won't be playing his senior year.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is the one that will be 19+ when he graduates a baseball player? If so he won't be playing his senior year.

I think he'll be fine. You can be up to 21 to play high school sports.

AGE AND GRADE: Regulation of the Commissioner of Education: A student

shall be eligible for interschool competition in grades 9, 10, 11 and 12 until his/her

nineteenth birthday. If the age of nineteen years is reached on or after July 1, the

student may continue to participate during that school year in all sports.

shall be eligible for interschool competition in grades 9, 10, 11 and 12 until his/her

nineteenth birthday. If the age of nineteen years is reached on or after July 1, the

All the Gallaghers played their final year of Little League the summer between 6th and 7th grade. In order to be elgible they had to be under 13 before May 1st of that year. So lets do the math. The oldest they could have been in entering 7th grade - age 13, 8th grade- age 14; 9th grade- age 15; 10 grade - age 16; 11th grade - age 17; 12th grade age 18. None of them will be turning 19 till after May 1st of the year they graduate in. In order to play in the Williamsport tournaments that they all did, you have to produce an original birth certificate to a representative of Williamsport, the same with Dreamspark in Cooperstown when you play there. Now we know the oldest they can possibly be let's not hear anymore about it.

So you can be 19 and play as long as you turn 19 after July 1 of that school year that starts in the fall. You could be 19 and play as a 9th grader.

Wrong... You can still play baseketball if you turn 19 after December 31. If you are 19 before January 1 you cannot play a spring sport.

So they started Kindergarten when they were 6. Will graduate high school 19+.

They are a year behind in school. Spring birthday kids can be a year to a year-and-a-half older than their classmates.

When you compare kids by age.....or by grade.....can be a different outcome.

So let's compare apples to apples.

Fine athletes......yes. But let's not forget other kids they are compared with can be 18mos younger, etc.

So they started Kindergarten when they were 6. Will graduate high school 19+.

They are a year behind in school. Spring birthday kids can be a year to a year-and-a-half older than their classmates.

When you compare kids by age.....or by grade.....can be a different outcome.

So let's compare apples to apples.

Fine athletes......yes. But let's not forget other kids they are compared with can be 18mos younger, etc.

Nobody on here knows how old they were when they started kindergarten. A lot of kids start kindergarten at 5 but turn 6 shortly after. Dec 1 is the cut-off I believe. You have to be 5 by then. My son has a kids in his class born in October and November who started when they were 5 and are older than most of the kids in the class and there are some who were 4 when they started. Like a previous post says if they are 19 when they graduate then they would have to have just turned that age. By 12th grade the maturity level of the other kids catches up so any advantage is only at the younger ages.

its sad that everything you read about maine-endwell has something to do with trashing that gallaghers. Get over yourselves, they are a family of good athletes and work hard. If you are really trying to figure out if they will be too old to play when they are seniors because your scared of facing maine endwell in a sport, you have way to much time on your hands, and can consider yourself a creep.

Guest all of ME

its sad that everything you read about maine-endwell has something to do with trashing that gallaghers. Get over yourselves, they are a family of good athletes and work hard. If you are really trying to figure out if they will be too old to play when they are seniors because your scared of facing maine endwell in a sport, you have way to much time on your hands, and can consider yourself a creep.

u r right about tryimg 2 get over ourselves excep the gallager boys and mommy n daddy keep telling everyone how great they all r. julie is the only in the family that is normal daddy has politiked his way with the other coachesso his babies r treated like superstars. u heard it hear 1st corey carden sits as a senior after being the catcher 4 2 years because adam g has 2 play there. crooks will do anything 2 stay on in football til he retires .

With this last win doesn't ME clinch the #1 seed in the 'A' sectionals? In section 4 that is.

Really? That doesn't seem right, since seton is undefeated. Is there some sort of strange points system involved?

Either way, it's not going to matter...Seton, ME, JC and Owego. Seton has beaten JC by 20-30 points twice, and Owego by 15. It should be a seton / ME final. Unless ME gets upset by JC or Owego, which is possible. if ME wins, Seton will beat ME in a laugher by 20+.

Really? That doesn't seem right, since seton is undefeated. Is there some sort of strange points system involved?

Either way, it's not going to matter...Seton, ME, JC and Owego. Seton has beaten JC by 20-30 points twice, and Owego by 15. It should be a seton / ME final. Unless ME gets upset by JC or Owego, which is possible. if ME wins, Seton will beat ME in a laugher by 20+.

You get rewarded in the section for a tougher schedule. ME gets 5 points per win and 2 per loss where Seton only gets 3 points per win. Seton will not be tough enough come the sectionals.

You get rewarded in the section for a tougher schedule. ME gets 5 points per win and 2 per loss where Seton only gets 3 points per win. Seton will not be tough enough come the sectionals.

How could they not be tough enough? They are the only team in the area to compete in the National Bracket in the DWI tournament. Took Mt. Vernon (currently ranked 3rd in class AA) best shot, hanging with them through 3/4 of the game, and lost by a bucket to an impressive team from Kentucky. They will also be coming off of a STAC championship win against binghamton.

The only team that can beat them around here and they will in the STAC final is Binghamton.

The only team that can beat them around here and they will in the STAC final is Binghamton.

Disagree, binghamton will not be able to handle seton's defensive pressure. they are not use to that. on the other side, bing plays no defensive, so seton will have their way and bing's starting 5 will be in fould trouble. seton by 10.

• 3 weeks later...

Disagree, binghamton will not be able to handle seton's defensive pressure. they are not use to that. on the other side, bing plays no defensive, so seton will have their way and bing's starting 5 will be in fould trouble. seton by 10.

What do you think now of your evaluation? ME number 1 seed in class A. ME by 10 if that great defensive pressure of Seton's plays like it did against Binghamton.

What do you think now of your evaluation? ME number 1 seed in class A. ME by 10 if that great defensive pressure of Seton's plays like it did against Binghamton.

ME will not beat Seton.

ME has a 0% chance of beating Seton. Seton got blown out by Bing, but who hasn't this year? Getting a transfer, one of the best players in the area, never hurts, but Bing is a great team, so take nothing away from them.

Seton is going to come back hard this week. starting tonight against JC, I sense another 30 point win. And then they will embarass ME in the sectional championship by 20+ on Thurs.

ME has a 0% chance of beating Seton. Seton got blown out by Bing, but who hasn't this year? Getting a transfer, one of the best players in the area, never hurts, but Bing is a great team, so take nothing away from them.

Seton is going to come back hard this week. starting tonight against JC, I sense another 30 point win. And then they will embarass ME in the sectional championship by 20+ on Thurs.

JC's team is in state of collapse. I can't see them showing up at all tonight.

Archived