Parents need to chill

Guest guest

It would be nice to go to a high school sporting event and not sit by some loud mouth parent yelling their head off the whole game. Most of the time it's a parent degrading every kid on the court/field while of course their child can do no wrong. I guess I don't fit in because I go to enjoy the game and keep my mouth shut. These are high school kids working their butts off because they enjoy what they do and they do not need some no it all parent disecting every move they make . It's one thing to be constructive it's another to be down right obnoxious .

It would be nice to go to a high school sporting event and not sit by some loud mouth parent yelling their head off the whole game. Most of the time it's a parent degrading every kid on the court/field while of course their child can do no wrong. I guess I don't fit in because I go to enjoy the game and keep my mouth shut. These are high school kids working their butts off because they enjoy what they do and they do not need some no it all parent disecting every move they make . It's one thing to be constructive it's another to be down right obnoxious .

Here's a good example. My daughter's soccer team was playing at Horseheads a few years ago. One of the Horseheads fathers was constantly yelling at his daughter. At one point when he yelled it was so obvious since nobody else was yelling. His daughter stopped, turned toward him, and responded by telling him to shut up. He didn't say much after that.

Here's a good example. My daughter's soccer team was playing at Horseheads a few years ago. One of the Horseheads fathers was constantly yelling at his daughter. At one point when he yelled it was so obvious since nobody else was yelling. His daughter stopped, turned toward him, and responded by telling him to shut up. He didn't say much after that.

Most of the parents who yell and carry on are wannabees.

i do it. Mainly cause the school coaches are clueless that my kids play for. Everyone deserves a ribbon. BS.

a real coach would tell you to shut your trap. that's what happened when the area had real players. parents knew their place.

Guest Robert Young

I agree DELETED but my kids have never played for a school coach that knew more than me. Teaching certificates does not equal knowledge of sports. By the way, the travel coaches my kids play for dont have to hear me cause they do it right

I agree DELETEDbut my kids have never played for a school coach that knew more than me. Teaching certificates does not equal knowledge of sports. By the way, the travel coaches my kids play for dont have to hear me cause they do it right

If you're a yeller then why don't you go yell at the AD and tell him/her to hire a competent coach? Then you can stop acting like a hillbilly in front of everybody. There's nothing worse than a big mouth whether you know what you're talking about or not.

If you're a yeller then why don't you go yell at the AD and tell him/her to hire a competent coach? Then you can stop acting like a hillbilly in front of everybody. There's nothing worse than a big mouth whether you know what you're talking about or not.

A competant high school coach? Isnt that an oxymoron? Even the ones that do know what they are doing usually have alterior motives to even be coaching in the first place.

Usually mean a sizable majority.

"Alterior" must mean other than stated.

So what are the stated motives of most coaches and what are the actual motives that you don't like.

What level do you coach and what are your motivations?

What are your qualifications to judge all high school coaches incompetent?

Usually mean a sizable majority.

"Alterior" must mean other than stated.

So what are the stated motives of most coaches and what are the actual motives that you don't like.

What level do you coach and what are your motivations?

What are your qualifications to judge all high school coaches incompetent?

I won't speak for him but I agree with him. Most of them are there for the pay check and their ego's. Do you really need to ask that question? Are you suggesting you think most of the local HS coaches do a great job? If you are, I strongly disagree. I would say there are a very few who are really good, a decent size group who are marginally competent, and a lot who are really bad.

A competant high school coach? Isnt that an oxymoron? Even the ones that do know what they are doing usually have alterior motives to even be coaching in the first place.

Then keep yelling like an idiot, I'm sure others get a kick out of it. Where did you get the word "alterior" from, the hilbilly dictionary? I think you meant to say "ulterior", Clem.

I will never forget being in the dome watching Forks play and listening to the parents complaining about Kelsey Green.

Right, most high school coaches make a tremendous amount of money, four figures at least.

Most are marginal at best. Hard to believe given the hundreds of people willing to coach ... for nothing.

You just need the state coaching courses and you can snatch those jobs.

Should have been at the Epithany girls Basketball tournament in Sayre if you wanted to see screaming. One of the SV fathers got a technical from the stands and SV was getting stomped anyways. Not sure who he is seems full of himself though.

Do you know that many coaches today are also coaching travel? Maybe you can justify questioning the integrity and motive of the ones that do not---but to hide beihind a screen name and degrade other? How is that ANY better than the people you complain about in the initial post? Go look to see how much most HS coaches get paid---promise there is a reason they are doing it, and not others---and it isn't the money.

I will never forget being in the dome watching Forks play and listening to the parents complaining about Kelsey Green.

Right, most high school coaches make a tremendous amount of money, four figures at least.

Most are marginal at best. Hard to believe given the hundreds of people willing to coach ... for nothing.

You just need the state coaching courses and you can snatch those jobs.

I hear people screaming the BHS coach dose'nt know what he's doing and their undefeated - How can they do better.

The days of the Dick Hover's, Chuck Gottfried's and Fran Angeline's are was past us.

High school parents, modified parents, youth sport parents, its all sports, all ages....Take the parent out of the game, and it could actually be enjoyable. Too many perfect parents touting their perfect, supremely athletic kids...

Guest Obama

Get your teaching certificate and become a coach and lets see what happens when the kid tells you off and you still have to keep him/her on the team? Don't even compare travel team coaching to high school sports. High school sports has a lot of other things that need to be taken into consideration. Parents sitting in the stands are always the experts. Looks real easy to coach from 100' away. Most of them could have coached the NY Giants to the Super Bowl? Again, teachers/coaches have the gravy train and I don't see any reason why anyone who wants to join this profession would be prevented from joining it. All I know, if I could be a professional baseball/hockey player in 4 years time and have the gravy train by just studying, I would do it. Join the great group of teachers in the area and lets see how long it will take before some kid tells you to F off.

Archived