U-E (7-0) vs. M-E (7-0)

Guest Kirk Herbstreit

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest dannycatt

Watched the game and sorry sparents, but there is not 1 legit D1 player on your team. Perhaps 5-6 D1 benchwarmers and 3rd stringers. They'd all be better served playing D3 or going to an Ivy League school with the exception of Woolfolk a junior. If Woolfolk keeps improving he might have a shot at playing SS at a real D1 school.

I concur

It was a great day for section 4 football. Two very talented teams. Would have liked to have seen what Sammy Davis could have done for UE. Sorry to see Uceta get hurt. We missed out on watching two great players. That said, both teams played hard and with a lot of emotion. Thats the way football is supposed to be played. Hats off to ME! They are a tough bunch. End of game was a dissapointment. That can happen sometimes when when young kids are giving it their all and frustration sets in. Hopefully they will learn from it. As for the handshake or "no handshake", good call by both teams to stay away from eachother to avoid more problems. Most of those kids are friends off the field. Thought the ME parents booing and taunting UE kids was a little much though. Good luck to both teams in the playoffs and beyond.

It was a great day for section 4 football. Two very talented teams. Would have liked to have seen what Sammy Davis could have done for UE. Sorry to see Uceta get hurt. We missed out on watching two great players. That said, both teams played hard and with a lot of emotion. Thats the way football is supposed to be played. Hats off to ME! They are a tough bunch. End of game was a dissapointment. That can happen sometimes when when young kids are giving it their all and frustration sets in. Hopefully they will learn from it. As for the handshake or "no handshake", good call by both teams to stay away from eachother to avoid more problems. Most of those kids are friends off the field. Thought the ME parents booing and taunting UE kids was a little much though. Good luck to both teams in the playoffs and beyond.

Typical ME parent behavior. Really disgusting.

Wanted to see the Gallagher vs Hurd fight. I'm currently in the Galley parking lot in Endwell. Hurd is here and ready o go, but no surprise that Gallagher isn't here. Hurd would beat his butt.

NECESSARY Roughness

Good game all around except for the mess at the end. Two good teams.

U-E had red-zone chances but did not finish. Good job by M-E.

Uceta injury unfortunate. Hopefully he is ok.

Regarding the last play...this is what I saw...U-E QB was stopped, wrapped up by 2-3 guys.

Whistles are blowing but M-E not playing whistle. U-E player dives in to protect his QB.

From there it gets ugly.

M-E was playing after the whistle all day. Not cool. Play the whistle. This is a good team.

No need for that.

Regarding the handshake, M-E coach had his players take a knee. A clear signal he did not want

to shake hands. U-E took the hint and left.

Good luck to both teams. Good game.

ME coach is a dbag. Classless, no wonder your team plays cheap. There should be suspensions including the head coach. And get rid of that babbling idiot PA announcer...

Guest Big Dog

Typical ME parent behavior. Really disgusting.

The booing was by ME fans. I believe they thought UE took the stance not to shake hands. When ME players went down to one knee, Shane understood that and took his team off. The fans did not understand that at the time.

Guest VestalBears

As a matter of fact the refs told UE to exit and Hurd did not. Gallagher told his players to take a knee to calm down. Also, its hard to say it would have been closer with Sammy Davis.. ME was missing Uceta for a majority of the game, Colin Reynolds, and Steven Eggleston... Orlando looked weak today against a great secondary, and Scepaniak is afraid of getting hurt.. Overall ME did play a bit after the whistle at the end but no need for Davis to throw punches.. and finally if you think Gallagher is classless, how about Hurd throwing a deep pass for a touchdown against MEs second string, and then kicking an insides kick with under 2 minutes left, down by 21.. Gallagher deserved to be pissed

The booing was by ME fans. I believe they thought UE took the stance not to shake hands. When ME players went down to one knee, Shane understood that and took his team off. The fans did not understand that at the time.

Doesn't matter what they thought. The parents should not be up in the stands booing the UE players. There's a reason ME parents have such a poor reputation.

Champions maybe, classy no way. Great secondary??? They were exposed today. #7 for UE made some nice throws. 9 very slow in coverage. 12 best player in secondary, but hardly great. Get out of NY to see some real football.

Onside kicks is all ME does, even up 40 pts.

This game was not played well for all the hype.

Champions maybe, classy no way. Great secondary??? They were exposed today. #7 for UE made some nice throws. 9 very slow in coverage. 12 best player in secondary, but hardly great. Get out of NY to see some real football.

The hype was very well deserved, but sadly the game it did not live up to it. COULD have if U-E cashed in on at least two of their deep penetrations, but M-E held.

This just shows the best true rivalry in Broome County right now is CV vs CF. Not the best teams by any stretch, just the best rivalry. Their last eight games between the two of them were all relatively low-scoring thrillers where the winner (CF) in all 8 had 3 touchdowns or less, and 4 of the games had game-winning TDs scored in the final minute of the game or went to OT. Take out 5 blowout wins over the last 30 years and these two have had two dozen games decided by less than 3 TDs, most by less than 2 TDs. Nice rivalry even if dominated by wins by just one of them.

I just hope that somehow this ugliness at the end of the game yesterday does not prevent U-E and M-E from meeting up next year.

Go Tigers! Go Spartans! It's playoff time. Let's see you two (and hopefully Forks) in the Dome! Odds are we won't see all three, but it's not a long stretch.

Guest GuestUE

I am a UE supporter, and was at the game yesterday.....

First off, the better team won yesterday, no question. ME's O-line was bigger and stronger , and dominated our defensive front. Jacoby and Sorrenti did a nice job running the ball, but honestly, I think pretty much I (short, fat and over 50). Could have run for 100 yards with those guys blocking for me. UE had no answers for that. I did not see any adjustments during the game either. Luis Uceta is a gifted athlete, I hope he OK for the playoffs, because he is what makes ME elevate from very good to great.

Defensively, I love the way ME players get to the ball quickly (great pursuit) and do not allow anyone to get outside on them. Our team could learn from that. ME made us a one dimensional team after taking away the run. I thought their DBs did a excellent job containing our passing attack.

As much as I would have loved to see a UE victory yesterday, it is now on to the playoffs and the silver lining coming out of this game is that UE knows where they need to improve in the next couple weeks (players and coaches) facing class A competition. Quite frankly, they probably just faced the toughest team they will face the rest of the season, let alone Class A playoff foes.

Good luck UE and ME in the playoffs!

Guest Forks Fan

First off, the better team won yesterday, no question. ME's O-line was bigger and stronger , and dominated our defensive front. Jacoby and Sorrenti did a nice job running the ball, but honestly, I think pretty much I (short, fat and over 50). Could have run for 100 yards with those guys blocking for me. UE had no answers for that. I did not see any adjustments during the game either. Luis Uceta is a gifted athlete, I hope he OK for the playoffs, because he is what makes ME elevate from very good to great.

Defensively, I love the way ME players get to the ball quickly (great pursuit) and do not allow anyone to get outside on them. Our team could learn from that. ME made us a one dimensional team after taking away the run. I thought their DBs did a excellent job containing our passing attack.

As much as I would have loved to see a UE victory yesterday, it is now on to the playoffs and the silver lining coming out of this game is that UE knows where they need to improve in the next couple weeks (players and coaches) facing class A competition. Quite frankly, they probably just faced the toughest team they will face the rest of the season, let alone Class A playoff foes.

Great post! One of the best ever in this forum.

Best of luck to both teams and all Section 4 teams who advance through the playoffs!

Guest Forks Fan

Best of luck to both teams and all Section 4 teams who advance through the playoffs!

When teams are good, people tend to not like them.

Examples = Bulls of the 90's, Patriots of the 2000''s, Spartans of the last 3-4 years.

When teams are good, people tend to not like them.

Examples = Bulls of the 90's, Patriots of the 2000''s, Spartans of the last 3-4 years.

You can blame all dislike on particular Sparents. I thought the Elmira Notre Dame parents were bad, but they are only just snobs, the Sparents, at least the ones - many of them - that give them a bad name, are in a "lack of" class all their own.

Guest John Wayne

too bad the secondary was banged up. 12 isnt their best player in secondary. its their cornerback, eggleston, who is sidelined with a broken leg. and their other starting corner was uceta and he sprained his ankle. both starting corners out and orlando couldn't throw for 1 TD against their 1st string. sounds to me that ME has much more depth and superior to UE in every phase of the game.

My take, as a spectator with no kid on either team: ME was the better team. They do have some very talented players and clearly the kids are dedicated. UE is a decent team, but I think they will stumble in the playoffs. As for ME being compared to the best ever and having a cake walk through the States...slow down. No they do not compare to the best ever. 1 game against a decent, not outstanding team, (UE) does not qualify. UE got close a couple of times. ME held, but a 28-7 win is not dominating. Think back a few years, when Forks was the cream of the crop in class B. How many titles did they win? Not all of them, and my point is that there are some good teams in class B across the state. If ME runs into a team that has comparable studs and is well coached, they could be challenged. As for the incident at the end of the game, I had said to my girlfriend that I forgot my camera. She said why would you want to take pics of teams your son doesn't play on? I said it was a beautiful, fall day and a big game for this area. Besides I figured there would be something at the end of the game anyways, because although I do not know the UE coach, I have witnessed first hand on many occasions exactly the behavior of Gallagher, and I was not surprized to see it occur again. Not saying it was Gallaghers fault but he has been involved in those types of things dating back to the peewee days. And generally where there is smoke there is fire. This I may add takes nothing away from the ME players and their talent. I have seen these players for years playing against my son and quite honestly, they were always a bunch of nice boys. Darnell Woolfolk is a very nice kid, who still remembers me from back in the peewee days. For the legacy of this team, I do hope they win the states. At the same time, I also hope that some of these coaches learn from these incidents too. Refs did a good job of shutting it down. I truly thought that Gallagher WAS IN FACT just taking a moment to calm his players down, and for whatever reason it was misinterpreted by the UE players and they walked off. I was told by one of the ue jv players that the refs said to not shake hands. As for the booing during the game over a penalty, classless, especially when they were dominating. Fans need to grow up a bit. with that said at the same time, the UE parents tend to feel entitled at times and complain alot in the stands when things don't go their way. So it is a bit quiet on the western front this monday morning. As a former player, coach and father, I understand completely the intensity of the game, and the expectations of the fans. We all want to see a good game with our team winning in the end. But in the end, college football at any level is not the future of the majority of these boys in this area. So the best thing for them to do is make the most of this time and enjoy it. As for the armchair scouts that project and argue on these forums let it be, they are kids, and this kind of speculation is not good for the game. We are parents of high school athletes. Enjoy it for what it is. If my son decides to go on and play in college I would be happier than a pig in slop, not because I think it will be the next step forward, but because I have always loved watching him play and would love to see him continue. Plus, it is a wonderful bonding experience that remains with a person for life. With coaches, teammates etc... He is being looked at and could play at the next level prob div 3 or 2 but it will be his decision to play. I hope he does but if he doesn't want to and just wants to focus on studies, how can I do anything but take as many pics and videos of him now and cherish those, and wish him well in his academic pursuits. Good luck to all the kids playing this year, and one last closing note: Remember when these kids are out there playing for their school, with their friends, sometimes against their friends, they do not hear you yelling from the sidelines at all. the screaming advice to the refs and coaches, the PPAAASSSS that yell as you see develop and you think you will be the one to let the kids know...from the sidelines, none of it, and if you played, you would know this. So instead try sitting back, standing, chhering, and watch the game instead of trying to coach, ref and play the game for the kids.

Yeah classless would be if you heard how Hurd reacted to MEs offer today of meeting up, shaking hands and rooting each other on in the play offs. I heard from a friend who knows the UE AD that Hurd said he felt disrespected by ME.. how about throwing against MEs second string with how first, or him kicking an onside kick with a minute left down by 21. Now that's classless. I may be a Vestal fan but I have never been fond of Hurd. He's a cocky jerk, and is an immature coach who cant make changes or adjust at all to a team. Terrible coach

Archived