Spartans College Football destinations?

Guest Johnny Outlaw

Get over yourself New York State tells the school where they play the coach and administration have no say in it. And no I am not a Galagher fan at all. That being said the boys all would rather have played in A and they all say the state title won the year before meant much more.

The section determines where they play with the limitation that you obviously can’t play below your enrollment numbers.

ME could have petitioned to go up to AA, and I seen no reason Section 4 would have denied that unless AA schools voted it down. It wouldn’t have caused any scheduling problems and would have been more interesting. There is almost no question that they would have been allowed to stay in A to defend their title. Again, no scheduling problems in Section 4 with so few teams!

Cases in point: Section 6 does not allow private schools to play in their sectional playoffs. In section 5, Aquinas should have been pushed up to A long ago, but the AA schools didn’t want to play them.

The statewide org defines the cut-off numbers, the sections administer them.

I feel bad for the players because I believe that most of them hated going down. They were let down the ME coach and the administration. I know the coach doesn’t have the final call at most schools, but they do provide input. Somebody is a disgrace.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heard none of them are getting any athletic scholarships....some getting academic scholarships.

They are all to small. There are no DeShan Jones's there.

Once again Ivy League Football offers no "rides" in terms of Athletic Scholarships- the players may be getting an aid package based on other reasons- but its right here..from the NY Times

http://www.nytimes.c...wanted=all&_r=0

Yeah that tells me that they give Athletic scholarships and call them Academic scholarships...thanks for the supportive evidence.

Yeah that tells me that they give Athletic scholarships and call them Academic scholarships...thanks for the supportive evidence.

Can you read? The article clearly says that all the scholarships are based on financial need before all other factors. Athletes and non-athletes alike are getting this bonus its not purely based on sports skill. The big key to getting there is being able to qualify academically, once you get into the Ivy schools anymore if your family makes less than 65k a year you will basically get a free ride. The article even pointed out that coaches have very little ability to get kids in, the athletes must qualify on there own academically.

Reading comprehension is a great thing, perhaps the two ME players should tell you what it said as they are obviously pretty bright in addition to being damn good players.

Janitor?

Now that is funny i dont care who u r. But Gallager could only b an asst janitor his wife would have 2 b the head janitor he did ride her skirt tail 4 his coaching at ME

Uceta and Haddock rides to Cornell, Yevi some D1 and D2 looks at corner Scepaniak ride to Wagner everyone else Including Davis,Sorrentti D3

Dave Archer and fellow U.E. man Shane Hurd will have a say in who from M.E. plays football at Cornell next year.

Dave Archer and fellow U.E. man Shane Hurd will have a say in who from M.E. plays football at Cornell next year.

Perhaps. Those decisions as far as recruits had already been made.

As for Hurd, I think it's a great move for him but a bad move for Cornell. QB Coach? Really? Maybe the #2 QB coach...do they have multiple QB coaches? He hasn't shown U-E fans he knows who's the best QB for U-E, much less Cornell. There has been U-E QB controversy at least three times in his tenure.

Perhaps. Those decisions as far as recruits had already been made.

As for Hurd, I think it's a great move for him but a bad move for Cornell. QB Coach? Really? Maybe the #2 QB coach...do they have multiple QB coaches? He hasn't shown U-E fans he knows who's the best QB for U-E, much less Cornell. There has been U-E QB controversy at least three times in his tenure.

Good point. Jermaine Thomas should have never been the QB.

let's please revisit this thread in 2-3 years and see how all the great ME players are doing at their respective D1 schools.....that is if they haven't been drafted into the NFL by then

let's please revisit this thread in 2-3 years and see how all the great ME players are doing at their respective D1 schools.....that is if they haven't been drafted into the NFL by then

One of my kids went to Susquehanna U -D3-and we went to a few football games. On the roster for the game were 3 CF all state players-they didn't play, and this was d-3. The biggest difference between divisions isn't size or srength-its speed and quikness.

One of my kids went to Susquehanna U -D3-and we went to a few football games. On the roster for the game were 3 CF all state players-they didn't play, and this was d-3. The biggest difference between divisions isn't size or srength-its speed and quikness.

Yes, and by far! Good point.

Same with many sports too.

Archived