Shane Hurd out at U-E?

Guest Guest

Your right DAD, he also played Ithaca, Elmira, Corning and I think Norwich all powerhouses. Dan Marino, maybe Dan Divito are you kidding? Don't hold your breath waiting for Pitt to call. He'll be going to BCC with Sorentti.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your right DAD, he also played Ithaca, Elmira, Corning and I think Norwich all powerhouses. Dan Marino, maybe Dan Divito are you kidding? Don't hold your breath waiting for Pitt to call. He'll be going to BCC with Sorentti.

Acually Sorrentti may end up at a junior college like Scooby Jones from JC.

Acually Sorrentti may end up at a junior college like Scooby Jones from JC.

Or perhaps a small 4-year like Hartwick or Morrisville. Another good school with cases similar to his have been Hudson Valley or even Milford Academy.

Guest QB coach

watch your film of the Sweet Home game. The big defensive end was closing in on him. He got away from him, looked upfield and threw a TD strike to Yesensky. Pretty good for a high school QB. Your assesment that he panics under pressure is untrue.

Nobody claimed he is going to be a college QB. He certainly does a great job on the high school level. Not too many U.E. QBs in the last 20 years were as good as him.

You just made my point they had a legitt D1 QB in house, and chose to play a kid that won't even go to school. Why? They screwed the big kid with any chance of going to school as a QB and played JO. Luckily the kid was able to reinvent himself played 2 positions he never played before and still got a D1 scholrship. The fact remains JO was on the field and by your own addmission he was not as good, again Dad I ask you why??

Guest Qb coach

You just made my point they had a legitt D1 QB in house, and chose to play a kid that won't even go to school. Why? They screwed the big kid with any chance of going to school as a QB and played JO. Luckily the kid was able to reinvent himself played 2 positions he never played before and still got a D1 scholrship. The fact remains JO was on the field and by your own addmission he was not as good, again Dad I ask you why??

I never said he was not as good. The other kid only threw a few passes so there is not enough to compare. I will tell you a good reason to have JO at QB. The other player filled the defensive end and tight end position. If he was the QB there would have been holes at those two positions. Now we have to ask the question. What made the better team. CZ at Qb and a big hole at defensice end. Or JO at QB and the Defensive end position filled. Hurd figured the team was better off with CJ filling those two spots. That is your explanation.

Thay didn't have a legit D1 QB, not even FCS level. Just because he can throw the ball far doesn't doesn't put him into that category. He throws a loose floppy ball that the DB's at that level could close in on quick.

We don't know he actually got a scholarship. Hopefully he did, I was impressed with his work in 2012.

Guest slammin'

Enough BS! Who is interviewing for the UE job? AD better fill the job soon. Programs without leadership erode quickly.

x2...any word on who his replacement may be? And no guessing or "I wish it would be..." or they should get so and so because..." Concrete thoughts please.

Brady and Mannings passes wobble also, they will probably never get a scholarship either. UE will go through the process and then hire Alger cause thats what they do at UE.

Enough BS! Who is interviewing for the UE job? AD better fill the job soon. Programs without leadership erode quickly.

Alger looks like a good bet. He has done a great job with the basketball team, He gets my vote

Guest Guest

Baleno as a replacement? I heard Tank Anderson maybe also?

If either of these two guys are head coach I would stop watching the games.

Guest Wet Boogera

Anyone who considers Wagner D-1 knows NOTHING about football. NOTHING. They don't even offer the maximum number of FCS scholarships allowed.

Glorified D-3.

It's nice, it's somewhat competitive football, but D-1 it's not. And the coaches made no mistake by playing JO at quarterback over CS.

Guest Guest

Hurd out at U-E, Martinson out at Norwich, Paske out at Greene, rumors of Tank out at Vestal.

Big changes afoot in Section 4.

Strongest rumor I heard was its the ex-Greene coach.

Paske is not going to apply for the UE job. He is taking a year off and spending time with his family. If Alger has applied based on teachers union contract he will get first consideration for the job. Should be interesting to see who else interviews.

Guest guest

You obviously don't know much about Wagner, they play Syracuse in Sept. They won the NEC last year, there coach was FCS national coach of the year, and had 2 all-americans. All FCS schools get the same number ol scholarships, most of these schools choose not to use all of them in Feb. because they receive a number FBS transers. If you look at their roster they have multiple Penn State, Temple, Syracuse and more transfers. Delaware only gave out 10 in Feb. Two of those 10 were to FBS transfers and more coming.

Guest Guest

Paske is not going to apply for the UE job. He is taking a year off and spending time with his family. If Alger has applied based on teachers union contract he will get first consideration for the job. Should be interesting to see who else interviews.

GO UNION JOBS!!

Guest Wet Boogers

I know more than you think I do. I know that All FCS school are ALLOWED to allot the same number of scholarships, but the NEC does not allow the full allotment, period, regardless of FBS subdivisions. FCA allows 63 scholarships, the NEC limits members to 40. Not all are on full scholarships, so there could be almost 60 players receiving aid, but not full rides. Wagner gives aid to about 60 players, but the amounts are seldom full, or even half, scholarships. I know that Wagner is an over priced private college on Staten Island that is otherwise irrelevant in sports or really academics for that matter.

Who cares about transfers? When was that mentioned. As a season ticket holder at Syracuse, I am DISGUSTED that they are playing such a crap school. Stony Brook was loaded with transfers, too. And most FBS transfers go to a lower level for a good reason- they just aren't good enough to compete at an FCS program. Nothing wrong with that. But let's not pretend Wagner is some sort of football powerhouse.

Good for CS- he didn't live up to the hype his daddy generated but he's finagled his way into a partially paid for opportunity at a perennial never- was. I hope he has a fun four years and gets his degree, but this ain't the equivalent of the Jones brothers to SU or Da'quan Jones to Penn State.

Guest Sweet pea

Rumor has it that 10 people appled for the job , but the big names people were throwing around like Crooks and Patterson are not among the applicants.

Archived