Shane Hurd out at U-E?

Guest Guest

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Big dog

Mullins = Worst coach at any level at UE. Guy doesn't even know the game. AND he'd have to coach against his kids across the river. Mullins- no way.

Wow. This goes to show you how stupid this website is to allow students from vestal to add their thoughts. Mullins is probably one of the best coaches in this area for coaching. I am sure with Vestal great success in football over the last 5 years, Mullins is not a wanted commodity there.

UE Parent

Guest Guest

UE D-coordinater got the job. Nice guy which means nepotism continues.

UE D-coordinater got the job. Nice guy which means nepotism continues.

What is his name?

Guest guest

I had a chance to get on "hudl" the other night. Never knew it existed, most high schools use this sight for highlight and game films. Got info from past UE player. Looked at Scepaniak and other highlight films and games. The posters on here that say he is not an athlete or football player either havent seen him play or looked at his films. For any kid to switch positions his senior year and play as well as he did is pretty impressive. Add to that that he received a D1 scholarship is impressive as well. Don't know what position he will play but wish him well.

Guest Guest

I had a chance to get on "hudl" the other night. Never knew it existed, most high schools use this sight for highlight and game films. Got info from past UE player. Looked at Scepaniak and other highlight films and games. The posters on here that say he is not an athlete or football player either havent seen him play or looked at his films. For any kid to switch positions his senior year and play as well as he did is pretty impressive. Add to that that he received a D1 scholarship is impressive as well. Don't know what position he will play but wish him well.

We don't know he got a scholarship. He may be a preferred walk-on. No tryout with a guaranteed spot on the roster the first year. I see this as more likely than a partial scholarship. The FCS schools use these to fill their rosters since they have fewer scholarships to work with than the FBS schools. Zero chance of a full-ride scholarship for him based on his HS resume.

Hopefully he will find a position he can start at!

Guest guest

I've been told by people very close to theUE program, both players and parents, that he did get a full ride, what you" think" means nothing, most people on here are morons. If anyone really knows for sure please post.

Tom Baleno - good choice

We will see how good he is. Nothing less then an unbeaten regular season is acceptable with the team he has coming back.

Another test will be if baleno can get some of the talented players out for the team that Hurd could not get to play. Tow guys who play basketball come to mind. Baleno needs to run better practices then Hurd. Get more of the players involved instead of watching.

It is good that they picked an alumni.

Guest Guest

We will see how good he is. Nothing less then an unbeaten regular season is acceptable with the team he has coming back.

Another test will be if baleno can get some of the talented players out for the team that Hurd could not get to play. Tow guys who play basketball come to mind. Baleno needs to run better practices then Hurd. Get more of the players involved instead of watching.

It is good that they picked an alumni.

If they play ME again this year that will be one loss.

Guest guest

Not a great choice, i know both him and his dad, great people not a good choice for UE. He is not a disciplinarian, and he will probably keep the currant staff, which is terrible. UE will never go to state finals mainly because of their staff. They have some talent especially if Davis is healthy. They may lose 2 games in section 4. Plus nepotism will still reign at UE.

Guest Guest

Lol... Yeah it's always the staff and not the players. I love reading bcvoice, it's comical. UE wins 5 out of 8 section 4 championships under Hurd and his so called terrible staff. Get to the state semi-final last year and the staff sucks. It was all the players, the coaches had nothing to do with it.... Lol. Brilliant post... Idiot

Guest guest

Well idiot, you signed it correctly. Players are a reflection of there coaching staff. Look at Binghamton,they are undiciplined bullies, who are heavily penalized, and that causes then to lose game. Look at their staff. When UE played Sweet Home they were totally unprepared for their double wing and Sweet Home ran all over them. Made no ajusments at half time, and their UEs offense was none existant. Heck, the UE quarterback handed the ball to the other team for a touch. UE had the players to win the state, but you have to play them in the right positions and prepare them properly. Gimmick plays are not preparation, the Muddle Huddle, please!

Guest Guest

Well idiot, you signed it correctly. Players are a reflection of there coaching staff. Look at Binghamton,they are undiciplined bullies, who are heavily penalized, and that causes then to lose game. Look at their staff. When UE played Sweet Home they were totally unprepared for their double wing and Sweet Home ran all over them. Made no ajusments at half time, and their UEs offense was none existant. Heck, the UE quarterback handed the ball to the other team for a touch. UE had the players to win the state, but you have to play them in the right positions and prepare them properly. Gimmick plays are not preparation, the Muddle Huddle, please!

"their", not there!

You shouldn't call anybody an idiot if you can't handle the little things.

Guest guest

You have no idea what those Binghamton coaches deal with on a day to day basis with disciplining those kids. You think its so easy? Volunteer and give it a shot. Those coaches are completely dedicated to that program year round. If anyone else was on that staff, you would see a TON more penalties at their games.

Guest guest

Thanks for the grammer lesson, you obviously don't know football, must be grammer is your thing! Watch the Bingo coach on the sideline, and you tell me that he is an example that you would want your kid to follow. A few years ago in a two game stretch Bingo lost 2 games and had 25 penalties, and then the coach refused to shake hands with the other team. Great example for the kids!

Guest Guest

Lol... Yeah it's always the staff and not the players. I love reading bcvoice, it's comical. UE wins 5 out of 8 section 4 championships under Hurd and his so called terrible staff. Get to the state semi-final last year and the staff sucks. It was all the players, the coaches had nothing to do with it.... Lol. Brilliant post... Idiot

I am not commenting on the staff nor the players for the Tigers. I am commenting though on your "UE wins 5 out of 8 section 4 championships under" statement.

That's a slightly above average accomplishment in the Classes that U-E has been in over those 8 seasons. When you are competing agains 2, 3 or 4 other schools for said titles, and only ONE of them has been perennially decent, 5 of 8 is nothing to brag about.

Guest Guest

I am not commenting on the staff nor the players for the Tigers. I am commenting though on your "UE wins 5 out of 8 section 4 championships under" statement.

That's a slightly above average accomplishment in the Classes that U-E has been in over those 8 seasons. When you are competing agains 2, 3 or 4 other schools for said titles, and only ONE of them has been perennially decent, 5 of 8 is nothing to brag about.

I agree. While in AA, they only had to beat Binghamton, 1 team to win section 4. The one year they were in A with ME, ME beat them twice. I will say I thought UE gave ME their best game last year, but moral victories when you lose is weak.

Guest Guest

UE is an A school.... UE went 4-0 last year against AA schools. Yes they lost to a B school in ME but everyone has lost to them. What do you want from UE. They play the schedule that is determined by someone else. They win 90 % of there games. The 2 teams that beat them last year were a 2 time State champion and a state runner up. What the hell is wrong with that? Assholes like you are never happy. Like it or not, UE is a great LOCAL football program who has had great players and coaches for a long time.... Give credit where credit is do.

Guest Guest

UE is an A school.... UE went 4-0 last year against AA schools. Yes they lost to a B school in ME but everyone has lost to them. What do you want from UE. They play the schedule that is determined by someone else. They win 90 % of there games. The 2 teams that beat them last year were a 2 time State champion and a state runner up. What the hell is wrong with that? Assholes like you are never happy. Like it or not, UE is a great LOCAL football program who has had great players and coaches for a long time.... Give credit where credit is do.

"Their" again.

Winning AA or A in Section 4 is no BFD. Tiny pools!

However, UE beat the Section 3 Champion in the playdowns and that validates them as a top A team in the state in 2012.

Guest Guest

Yes u r correct. They beat the teams on their schedule, but said schedule is weak. Therefore, to no fault of UE, they have easily won section 4. So, that is not much of an accomplishment, sorry. Cuse gets the same criticism is basketball cuz they play Albany and Stoney Brook every year.

Guest guest

Your missing the point, UE had the talent to be state champs. The difference between good and great is game planning both offense and defence, if you will coaching. This year they have talent again, again they will be good not great. Not the kids fault, coaching.

Guest Guest

Your missing the point, UE had the talent to be state champs. The difference between good and great is game planning both offense and defence, if you will coaching. This year they have talent again, again they will be good not great. Not the kids fault, coaching.

In your opinion they had the talent,

they didn't nor will they ever have.

Guest Guest

U.E. was not a State Champion talent wise last year. They overachieved. They had a tiny defense. They had two guys on the front four in the 180 pound range. Any chance of a state championship was lost when Sammy Davis went down. Even with him they still had that small defense and would have had to have a big upset to win.

The local talent in Section 4 was way down last year in football and most sports. This area simply isn't what it used to be.

Guest Big Dog

UE did not have state champs talent last year. They have/had some good talent but not State Champs material. Many think they will make a run next year. They possibly can due to the returning talent. However, if you go back a few years and look at the talent they had on the line, Jones's, Depofi (linebacker), Veruto, they have nothing even close on the line other than maybe Josh Paugh. The game is won at the line. The talent is down in the area other than ME. The one big difference is they are in Class A and not Class AA. Their coaching staff is solid.

Archived