Valentines Day

Guest Valentines day

The wife and I actually engage in a boycott of the holiday. Like all the others, it is a ploy to shake more dollars from your pocket. If you truly love your "valentine" then do something unexpected randomly throughout the year.

Examples:

Send her flowers

I booked a day at the spa for her

Went to a local bed and breakfast after a romantic dinner

Watched the kids for the weekend while she went to NYC with her friends to catch a show and do some shopping

You dont need to get wrapped up in the commercial nonsense surrounding this holiday. The best thing to do is find something that your signifigant other hates to do or would like to see done and do it.

The wife and I actually engage in a boycott of the holiday. Like all the others, it is a ploy to shake more dollars from your pocket. If you truly love your "valentine" then do something unexpected randomly throughout the year.

Examples:

Send her flowers

Watched the kids for the weekend while she went to NYC with her friends to catch a show and do some shopping

You dont need to get wrapped up in the commercial nonsense surrounding this holiday. The best thing to do is find something that your signifigant other hates to do or would like to see done and do it.

Totally Agree!

Examples:

Send her flowers

I agree too....in our household we call it "St. Hallmark Day" and ignore it completely. It's bogus.

I agree too....in our household we call it "St. Hallmark Day" and ignore it completely. It's bogus.

Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day Today's theme is "The Human Heart": chosen specially for Valentines day, February 14th. I looked up a few facts about the heart. It's about the size of your fist has 4 distinct chambers, and it beats about 70 times a minute, or translated into a lifetime, that's about 2 and 1/2 billion times. Rarely skipping a beat. Now, the scientific facts are interesting, but it's more the mystery of the heart that I find intreguing. It's the emotional part that we celebrate on Valentines day. The storage place for love and other emotions. The place that gets filled when we're in love and empty when we're not. They say that love "conqueres all". Does that mean that when we open our hearts and allow ourselves to express and truely feel what's in our hearts, that we will have conquered the mystery of ourselves? Maybe not, but it might bring us a step closer. Let's do a 10 second exercise. Bear with me. I want you to focus all your attention on your heart. Feel it beating in your chest, visualize red or pink if you prefer. Take a deep breath, and visualize or feel the oxygen going inot all 4 chambers, just let yourself acknowledge that you have a heart. Good. That's it. It was easy, no? If you have a special someone this Valentines Day, it doesn't have to be your husband or wife, it could be your Mom and Dad, a roommate, or any other human being, acknowledge that they too have a heart and it not only miraculously pumps blood 70 times a minute, just like yours, but it is also filled with this mysterious stuff called Love. Imagine connecting your heart to their heart and wish them a "Happy Valentine's Day

What am I doing? Going home w/a six pack and going to dwell over how my spouse is a useless nothing who does nothing and will continue to be nothing until he grows up and stops acting like he's still 18. Want to join me? Misery loves company.

Guest Guest Dreamer
Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day Today's theme is "The Human Heart": chosen specially for Valentines day, February 14th. I looked up a few facts about the heart. It's about the size of your fist has 4 distinct chambers, and it beats about 70 times a minute, or translated into a lifetime, that's about 2 and 1/2 billion times. Rarely skipping a beat. Now, the scientific facts are interesting, but it's more the mystery of the heart that I find intreguing. It's the emotional part that we celebrate on Valentines day. The storage place for love and other emotions. The place that gets filled when we're in love and empty when we're not. They say that love "conqueres all". Does that mean that when we open our hearts and allow ourselves to express and truely feel what's in our hearts, that we will have conquered the mystery of ourselves? Maybe not, but it might bring us a step closer. Let's do a 10 second exercise. Bear with me. I want you to focus all your attention on your heart. Feel it beating in your chest, visualize red or pink if you prefer. Take a deep breath, and visualize or feel the oxygen going inot all 4 chambers, just let yourself acknowledge that you have a heart. Good. That's it. It was easy, no? If you have a special someone this Valentines Day, it doesn't have to be your husband or wife, it could be your Mom and Dad, a roommate, or any other human being, acknowledge that they too have a heart and it not only miraculously pumps blood 70 times a minute, just like yours, but it is also filled with this mysterious stuff called Love. Imagine connecting your heart to their heart and wish them a "Happy Valentine's Day

It's a beautiful thing !!!!

I stopped on the way home and picked up 2 dozen roses.

We are going to enjoy some king crab legs, filet mignon and champagne.

It's a day to say "I love you" to the one you love.....

because......

frankly......

every other stinking day of the year you're at each others throats !!

So at least enjoy one day, that is set aside.......

to simply share in the love.......

and MEAN IT !!!!

Happy Valentines Day !!!

It's a beautiful thing !!!!

I stopped on the way home and picked up 2 dozen roses.

We are going to enjoy some king crab legs, filet mignon and champagne.

It's a day to say "I love you" to the one you love.....

because......

frankly......

every other stinking day of the year you're at each others throats !!

So at least enjoy one day, that is set aside.......

to simply share in the love.......

and MEAN IT !!!!

Happy Valentines Day !!!

By the type of celebration, it very much appears you "mean it". Have a great night.

Guest Holiday Hater

another holiday ruined............

couldn't break away for a friends afternoon funeral, had to work late, gas light came on as I drove home so I tried to hustle to the gas station, and, of course, got yanked for 20 over, so, sat there getting written, (for 10+ more minutes(which was quicker than expected)), went to gas station, first pump didn't work, finally got done with that, drove home obeying the speed limit not wanting 2 in a day, got home wicked late, she's already DELETED so we get in the car to go out to dinner, first place has a 15 minute line, so she says forget it, we go home and now another holiday sucks because of some stupid thing happy freakin holiday and all that, let's just abolish the holidays altogether and choose our own so we can celebrate when we feel like it, there, I'm done complaining.

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

another holiday ruined............

couldn't break away for a friends afternoon funeral, had to work late, gas light came on as I drove home so I tried to hustle to the gas station, and, of course, got yanked for 20 over, so, sat there getting written, (for 10+ more minutes(which was quicker than expected)), went to gas station, first pump didn't work, finally got done with that, drove home obeying the speed limit not wanting 2 in a day, got home wicked late, she's already DELETED so we get in the car to go out to dinner, first place has a 15 minute line, so she says forget it, we go home and now another holiday sucks because of some stupid thing happy freakin holiday and all that, let's just abolish the holidays altogether and choose our own so we can celebrate when we feel like it, there, I'm done complaining.

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

15 minute line is nothing tonight! Many places were up to an hour wait before 6pm even. Sorry you night stunk though...

Guest Holiday Hater
15 minute line is nothing tonight! Many places were up to an hour wait before 6pm even. Sorry you night stunk though...

Oh, I know! I'd have happily waited a couple of hours just to spend good time with her for a change..............

SEE!!!

Look at the miserable mess this day created for so many people!

Dammit, any other time it would be Thursday. BUT NOOOOO, it has to be another "special occasion", another reason to hurry up our lives.

Sorry everyone. Any other time it would have been thursday. Payday. A good day. A happy day.

It's thursday, it's thursday. I pay my bills and get some cash. Grab the wife and the baby. Head on out and have some fun with the family.

BUCK UP FOLKS, tomorrow is friday and that means it is the weekend.

Tackle some chores and kick back with a stiff drink.

What am I doing? Going home w/a six pack and going to dwell over how my spouse is a useless nothing who does nothing and will continue to be nothing until he grows up and stops acting like he's still 18. Want to join me? Misery loves company.

Well, you have company........mine is the same way. I am really beginning to wonder if there are any decent guys anymore.

Well, you have company........mine is the same way. I am really beginning to wonder if there are any decent guys anymore.

Well, I don't know about you but I drank 4 of those beers and fell asleep on the couch. Valentines day sucks.

Well, I don't know about you but I drank 4 of those beers and fell asleep on the couch. Valentines day sucks.

We did not talk after I caught him in a lie and proved to him that he was lying. I read and watched TV then went to sleep on the couch.

We did not talk after I caught him in a lie and proved to him that he was lying. I read and watched TV then went to sleep on the couch.

Well, kind of sounds like we're floating in the same boat. I didn't catch my spouse in a lie but he p-d me off and I didn't talk to him either. I also read (while drinking my beer) and slept on the couch. I'm reading the new Stephen King novel Duma Key - what are you reading?

A better thing to ponder is....are there any women who know what to do with decent guy when they find one?

As a very decent, good man, I get tired of hearing about how there are none.

A better thing to ponder is....are there any women who know what to do with decent guy when they find one?

As a very decent, good man, I get tired of hearing about how there are none.

And what makes you think that there is something wrong with these women posting? And, how old are you and how old are the men they are complaining about? There are differences you know. There are less decent men than not around here, trust me. If you are decent then good for you, you are one of the very few.

And what makes you think that there is something wrong with these women posting? And, how old are you and how old are the men they are complaining about? There are differences you know. There are less decent men than not around here, trust me. If you are decent then good for you, you are one of the very few.

I didn't say there is "something wrong" with all the women who post here.

I'm just tired of hearing "I cant' find a good man" when most of the women I know find and stick like glue to their Bad Boys.

They're like moths at a flame. They keep getting burnt, too, but they keep going back to the same well, over and over.

Archived