tim mcgraw concert CRAP...

a taxpayer

Everyone here complains about how nothing ever happens in Broome County and how there are not enough big events to draw in people (read: money) from other communities.

Yet, we have a nationally recognized musician come here to perform and all you hear is how bad the Dick's Open is in comparison to the BC Open, how poor the organization is, how noisy it is, and how terrible the fellow concert goers are. Remember those other people are not only your neighbors but also the people that came here from other communities to spend their money in ours; not only at the concert, but at hotels, gas stations, grocery stores, etc.

How often do you people attend large events? No I'm not talking about going to the Dick's Open once a year or (gasp!) leaving Broome County and going to a concert at Montage every 5 years? Concerts are loud, they are unorganized, "expensive", full of drunks, and a really good time if you know how to have one and leave your misery elsewhere.

Over time, this community will get what it deserves, and I believe desires, as young and talented children leave for college never to return. Just reading this board you can't blame the kids. This place is full of NIMBY's that will never allow any sort of development, be it a large firm or concert series, to flourish. We can't even handle a major concert once a year.

So if I only attend one concert a year I have no right to complain about a concert experience that was horrible??

Concerts are loud?? WHAT, Really, seriouslly?? that is new to me.. duh.

Why are concerts full of drunks??? Do you have to get drunk to enjoy a concert...??? or is that just required to get hit by a freight train that you cannot see or hear...?? And how many of the drunks drove home?? I am pretty sure that a lot of them did and they only reason they weren't caught was all the cops had to do traffic control so none of the drunks got hit by any cars....

Noisy ...so if you are sitting at a concert and everybody around are talking loud, loud enough that you can enjoy the music, you are going to tell me that you still enjoyed the concert???

And I do not give a rats a$$ if the drunk, loud, annoying people attending the concert are people who live in the same area, spend their money in this area, ....what does tht matter if they have NOT ONE OUNCE of respect for their fellow concert goers....???

The Dicks Open/BC Open is nothing but a drunk fest, giving all sorts of people an excuse to get drunk and act stupid, just like the St Pattys Day parade day in Binghamton...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MY God the biggest pile of piss ant whiners I have ever witnessed in my entire life.

Stay home and watch the science channel and leave those that went to an EVENT alone!

It was an EVENT and if you bought a ticket and you were unhappy then you only have yourself to blame.

For fricken God Sakes!!!!!

MY God the biggest pile of piss ant whiners I have ever witnessed in my entire life.

Stay home and watch the science channel and leave those that went to an EVENT alone!

It was an EVENT and if you bought a ticket and you were unhappy then you only have yourself to blame.

For fricken God Sakes!!!!!

Exactly.

So if I only attend one concert a year I have no right to complain about a concert experience that was horrible??

Concerts are loud?? WHAT, Really, seriouslly?? that is new to me.. duh.

Why are concerts full of drunks??? Do you have to get drunk to enjoy a concert...??? or is that just required to get hit by a freight train that you cannot see or hear...?? And how many of the drunks drove home?? I am pretty sure that a lot of them did and they only reason they weren't caught was all the cops had to do traffic control so none of the drunks got hit by any cars....

Noisy ...so if you are sitting at a concert and everybody around are talking loud, loud enough that you can enjoy the music, you are going to tell me that you still enjoyed the concert???

And I do not give a rats a$$ if the drunk, loud, annoying people attending the concert are people who live in the same area, spend their money in this area, ....what does tht matter if they have NOT ONE OUNCE of respect for their fellow concert goers....???

The Dicks Open/BC Open is nothing but a drunk fest, giving all sorts of people an excuse to get drunk and act stupid, just like the St Pattys Day parade day in Binghamton...

Nerd.

not sure but I think the country may have taken over the golf course a couple of years ago,as the village of endicott said it was losing money every year on the course.

The Johnson family (or EJ) gave parks and the golf course to the village with several stipulations. The parks and Carousels will always be free, no admission to the parks, the golf course will never be run as a private country club and open to all. Here is the big one. These properties cannot be sold or transfered. I forgot the exact conditions of the contract, but the village will loose the properties, I thing they would go back to the Johnson's heirs.

The county operates, not own the golf course. Endicott owns it, the county maintains it (or something similar in nature)

Archived