CV lax all the way

Guest Guest

Get a grip on reality. The John Mack tourny is in no way a comparison to the real season. Not every player is available because they play other sports. Not to mention it is played ona small field with forty minutes running time. Not even close to a real game. Bet you CV barely breaks even this year!

Probably no one that is all that good. Wait to the real season on a real field with all the players!! Bet they win as many as they lose!!I've seen them play and I'm not all that impressed

Their JV team did do well, but their Varsity team wasn't in the good division

the division with CBA and all of them was the good division

and yes don't count JC out their D is strong and have a few stand out Sophomores comin up so be ready for a decent year and for next year to be a powerhouse

Amazing what is considered good lacrosse around here. Come on JC and CV? How bad would you get beat by East or Vestal ,what does Forks do to you guys? Does CV even field teams in box or the summer leagues?

JC a powerhouse? Seriously talk smack with your sticks .

Good D? How many you going to give up to Vestal this year?

Not pumping Vestal up either, but year in year out they are in the running for a championship and have a heck of a time with Corning East and usually Ithaca.

East went down to class C and lost in the state Championship, Vestal was dismantled by West Genny in the qtr's after loosing only to East.

This year the State qtr finals will be at Vestal, every team in this area needs to come and see what good lacrosse really is and where this area is at.

Start playing in the big summer tourney's and where there is out of the area competition then you'll see where your at.

This year the State qtr finals will be at Vestal, every team in this area needs to come and see what good lacrosse really is and where this area is at.

Of course we are not up to the level of Section 3. Never will be, but Section 4 grads are peppered here and there on some very good D1 top 15 lacrosse programs.

Of course we are not up to the level of Section 3. Never will be,
I don't agree we can be as good.

We just have to get the youth lacrosse better established. Things like the fighting 4 will also help develop kids from the entire area and get more into college.

I know this area is sending kids D1 watching the Syracuse game and Army has a kid from Horse Heads and kids from this area are starting to be recognized. BU will be very helpful in advancing area programs,got both the Cook brothers going there.

Lacrosse is about the best vehicle a local athlete has to go to the next level.

I dont believe tht we will be as good as Section 3. And if u looked at the JV level last year and this years summer league JC and CV were the 3rd and 4th best teams during the regular season. During the Summer league CV was the best and JC was 2nd best thnk bout tht

I'm not sayin they'll be on the same level this season but they will eventually cathc up

During the Summer league CV was the best and JC was 2nd best thnk bout tht
What teams don't play in our summer league ,Corning East and West , Ithaca etc. PLayers jump around in the summer league if another team is short.

regular season 3rd and 4th in a division with four teams right?

Why don't you think this area can compete with section 3,especially in B and C ? Corning east made it to a state championship last year.

No, JC was the best in summer league. CV brought down 11th graders and 12th graders to the JV championship game. Even the coach couldn't deny it when he was confronted. They had a roster of 18 but during the finals they mysteriously had 28 on the sidelines. There both building good programs, are they there yet, No, noones saying that. take it easy with the negativity.

No, noones saying that. take it easy with the negativity.
Stating facts is not being negative. Nagative is saying we can never compete with section 3.

Look at what Vestal did at the Turkey shoot this year, granted not as many teams from Division three as there once was but they beat teams from all over NYS to win that tourney. In the last game we had some players from the other team turn their jersey's to the right color before the game started.

I'm all for the entire area improving the quality of it's Lacrosse.

You just have to take a serious look at where your at, before talking smack and saying your going to be a power house.

Archived