Anyone have a Ghost story?

Madned

I might have had two expiriences. My first one involved my Grand father on my Mothers side of the family. As a child of three or four I remember being with him as he worked around his yard. It was not until recently going through our family tree that I realized he had past away ten years before I was born. The pictures of my Grandfather were the same as this person. The second occurence was when I was about ten yers old. I was going home about nine oclock at night and took a short cut through a field since I was late getting home When I saw an older woman leaning on her back fence facing the field. The thing that struck me about the woman was that she appeared to glow. This of course scared the hell out of me and I avoided getting close to her. Upon arriving home I asked who the woman was that lived there and was told she had died a few weeks earlier. And it could not have been her. I did not take that short cut at night again. A vived imagination could be? Like

Guest Anicent Evil Reborn

Madned, I have no personal stories of any interest, but you might want to check out the Ghost Hunters series on the Sci Fi channel. It isn't fiction, rather it is a series of scientific investigations into reported hauntings by The Atlantic Paranormal Society (TAPS).

Madned, I have no personal stories of any interest, but you might want to check out the Ghost Hunters series on the Sci Fi channel. It isn't fiction, rather it is a series of scientific investigations into reported hauntings by The Atlantic Paranormal Society (TAPS).

Thanks I will check it out.

This is not exactly a ghost story, but it is true and fairly disturbing. Years ago, I was reading up on the occult and black magick. I bought a book that had spells and rituals in it and began to read it and kept it under my bed. Me and my wife both began to feel and act very strangely after a few weeks. Sometimes we would fight alot, sometimes I would cry or get angry for no reason. One night I poured myself a tall glass of bleach and came very close to drinking it. It finally dawned on me that it might be the book. I got rid of it and everything began to feel normal again. Don't dissmiss the occult or black magick. There is a reason it has been around for thousands of years.

yes this is very fascinating show...some of the things they have caught on voice or video can not be explained. i would love to get some people with the same interest nad do the same type of investigations around here. Lots of interesting sites around here that has potential.

Guest BOooooo

Jason Hawes is from Canadagua! ...I wish they would come check out state hospital or Roberson!

I dont believe in ghosts but I have had some ridiculous dreams that would make me think I should. The one was me laying in my bed as if I just woke up and I heard someone open the door and walk up to my room. I couldnt move and around the corner walks some ghost girl. She acted like i wasnt there and I said "who are you" and she turns and stares at me and I wake up in that exact position as the dream and she of course disapears. In turn making me believe all that just happened in real time. I have never seen that girl before, and yes at the time I was pretty scared until I realized what had happened :blink:

This is not exactly a ghost story, but it is true and fairly disturbing. Years ago, I was reading up on the occult and black magick. I bought a book that had spells and rituals in it and began to read it and kept it under my bed. Me and my wife both began to feel and act very strangely after a few weeks. Sometimes we would fight alot, sometimes I would cry or get angry for no reason. One night I poured myself a tall glass of bleach and came very close to drinking it. It finally dawned on me that it might be the book. I got rid of it and everything began to feel normal again. Don't dissmiss the occult or black magick. There is a reason it has been around for thousands of years.

Blood thirsty Some thirty years ago a friend of ours had a book on astral projection and of course I had to read it. At the time I might add I was in great shape riding bike and lifting weights and very little alcohol cunsumption. This book taught you how to astral project, well I got three quarters of the way through the book and had to try it. I tried to enlist my wife to stand by our bed to bring me out of it if I should get in trouble. But she would not as she thought I was nuts. Well my first experience that I had was of feeling myself fall back through my bed this felt wierd and I brought myself out of it. The next experience was being at the bottom of a well with a grayish light at the top and as I ascended faceless forms were pushing me back. The one trip that got me in trouble was when I focused on a red light and soon I was traveling down a black corridor with a red glow at the end as I got closer I could make out men in black ropes and they turned to look at me behind them was an altar. Well call it what ever you want but I spent a couple of bad sleepless night after that as you said this is nothing to fool with. About twenty years later this Doctor who had a vanity plate saying Bhuuda 1 was at my gym and I got a chance to talk about my adventures with astral projection and he told me that I went to hell. He on the other hand had a spirit guide who took him to such beautiful places he did not want to return. I guess you can say that we could open doors that we may not be able to close. I for got towards the end of the book it said never focus on a red light!!

yes this is very fascinating show...some of the things they have caught on voice or video can not be explained. i would love to get some people with the same interest nad do the same type of investigations around here. Lots of interesting sites around here that has potential.

I have seen a few shows with ghost hunters and they use meters to measure magnetic fields and digital cameras that pick up orbs and the voice recorders. Why should they not exist, this universe has room for everything. I have heard that Gettysburg is loaded with spirits or ghost. Because of all the young men who died there. Energy and matter are the same.

Guest Ole Blue Eyes
I have seen a few shows with ghost hunters and they use meters to measure magnetic fields and digital cameras that pick up orbs and the voice recorders. Why should they not exist, this universe has room for everything. I have heard that Gettysburg is loaded with spirits or ghost. Because of all the young men who died there. Energy and matter are the same.

My brother, who is a major Cival War buff, went to Gettysburg College and spent a lot of time in the battlefield. He never saw anything paranormal. He isn't a believer like me so who knows... I was once visited by my deceased mother who died well before her time. It was really freaky but at the same time quite comforting.

Guest ghost hunters

I had an experience a while ago. I was alone in my apartment and I was sleeping. As i started to wake up I felt a hand on my right shoulder.I got up, turned on the light and no one was there. I slept with the light on after that. It was a warm comftorable feeling though. But i still left the light on. I would love to be a ghost hunter.

My brother, who is a major Cival War buff, went to Gettysburg College and spent a lot of time in the battlefield. He never saw anything paranormal. He isn't a believer like me so who knows... I was once visited by my deceased mother who died well before her time. It was really freaky but at the same time quite comforting.
I think you really have to be sort of receptive to the idea to pick up some of the activity that happens. My sister and I had an odd thing happen the day of my Dad's funeral. It was after all the family left, and the house was pretty quiet. My sister was in the bathroom changing, and I think I was in our old bedroom, or somewhere in that vicinity. All the sudden, we heard the tv go on, and it went on to WSKG, which was my Dad's favorite channel. The only other person in the house at the time was my Mom, and she was in the kitchen. A friend said it was probably just someone set the timer on it, but I think not, since my Mom is elderly and doesn't mess with that stuff. A couple days after that, my Mom was sitting in the living room and heard something fall in another part of the house. She went down to her room to find a photo of her and my Dad on the floor. It had fallen from a shelf, but the shelf was wide, and the photo should have just stayed on the shelf. For whatever it may be worth, I find it sort of comforting.

I might have had two expiriences. My first one involved my Grand father on my Mothers side of the family. As a child of three or four I remember being with him as he worked around his yard. It was not until recently going through our family tree that I realized he had past away ten years before I was born. The pictures of my Grandfather were the same as this person. The second occurence was when I was about ten yers old. I was going home about nine oclock at night and took a short cut through a field since I was late getting home When I saw an older woman leaning on her back fence facing the field. The thing that struck me about the woman was that she appeared to glow. This of course scared the hell out of me and I avoided getting close to her. Upon arriving home I asked who the woman was that lived there and was told she had died a few weeks earlier. And it could not have been her. I did not take that short cut at night again. A vived imagination could be? Like

I have had things thrown at me (when no one else was home) and have felt a cold sensation on my back before (which came out of nowhere). I'm pretty sure I have seen shadows, but no one would believe me unless I get it on camera. I'll let you know if I caught something on tape and post it on youtube or someplace like that.

Oct. 5,1978 was doing a table reading with three others and the table indicated that a female was going to die at the house we were at during that month. We asked if it was any of female reletives in family or even the female pets we had. Said no to each one. Well on Oct. 29 or 30th there was a terrible car crash around 2 in the morning on the front lawn. It woke up my mom who ran outside to see what she could do while waiting for sherriff to come. Goes out and there on side lawn was a girls head and her body was up at the top of the stone wall. Seems she was with friends out parting and she got mad and got out of car and car went up road and turned around and sped down hill and miss curve and sailed in air over the stone wall where the girl was sitting. No one else was hurt except the others spent more time trying to find their drugs that flew out of car before the cops got there. (drugs ended up under front shurbs on other side of driveway...cops found at daylight.)This is true story and if you go back to that year you can read about it in the Press if they still have stuff from then on file. I could go on with many more stories about ghost since I grew up in a house that had ghost living in it and we were never afraid of them either. Parents have since passed away and the house has new owners now and someday I would love to go back to see if they have anything weird going on now.

Oct. 5,1978 was doing a table reading with three others and the table indicated that a female was going to die at the house we were at during that month. We asked if it was any of female reletives in family or even the female pets we had. Said no to each one. Well on Oct. 29 or 30th there was a terrible car crash around 2 in the morning on the front lawn. It woke up my mom who ran outside to see what she could do while waiting for sherriff to come. Goes out and there on side lawn was a girls head and her body was up at the top of the stone wall. Seems she was with friends out parting and she got mad and got out of car and car went up road and turned around and sped down hill and miss curve and sailed in air over the stone wall where the girl was sitting. No one else was hurt except the others spent more time trying to find their drugs that flew out of car before the cops got there. (drugs ended up under front shurbs on other side of driveway...cops found at daylight.)This is true story and if you go back to that year you can read about it in the Press if they still have stuff from then on file. I could go on with many more stories about ghost since I grew up in a house that had ghost living in it and we were never afraid of them either. Parents have since passed away and the house has new owners now and someday I would love to go back to see if they have anything weird going on now.

Was her first name Lisa?

I have had things thrown at me (when no one else was home) and have felt a cold sensation on my back before (which came out of nowhere). I'm pretty sure I have seen shadows, but no one would believe me unless I get it on camera. I'll let you know if I caught something on tape and post it on youtube or someplace like that.

In reference to you feeling a cold sensation. A friend I worked with told me this story he was working in arizona at the time as an electrician, they went on a job to a restaraunt and bar outside of town. After checking out the job they decided to pull the wires through one of the rooms adjacent to where they were installing equipment. They aproached the woman manager and asked if this was okay with her. She told them no one will go into the room as it is haunted and that the rumor was that it was used as a hideout for outlaws. This amused my friend and his companions and they asked if they could pull the wires through the room anyway the woman said go ahead. My friend and his co workers entered the room and allthugh it was about 95 outside the room was freezing with no air conditioning, they allso felt something pressing on them like a wieght. After making a fast exit of the room they decided to run the wireing another route. The manager was not surprized at all.

Guest PonyTailFreak

I was spending the night at my friend Brandon's house. We were almost asleep...well i was almost asleep. I had a weird feeling because i never slept there before and it was a different place and surroundings if you know what i mean. Well i heard a creak on the stairs because we were in the basement. I tried to forget about it and think nothing of it. I turned over and closed my eyes. Again i heard the creak on the stairs. then another one and another one. Then i saw a shadow. I wanted to scream for Brandon but i couldn't move because i was so scared. next i saw some flashes like a camera. Then Brandon woke up and said dad were not naked. then he said oh well you should have told me. then he flicked on the lights and i saw hes pony tail. i was like phew its only Brandon's dad. after he went back upstairs i asked Brandon what that was about and he said his dad likes to molest little kids and his own 4 kids. That is my ghost story.

I was spending the night at my friend Brandon's house. We were almost asleep...well i was almost asleep. I had a weird feeling because i never slept there before and it was a different place and surroundings if you know what i mean. Well i heard a creak on the stairs because we were in the basement. I tried to forget about it and think nothing of it. I turned over and closed my eyes. Again i heard the creak on the stairs. then another one and another one. Then i saw a shadow. I wanted to scream for Brandon but i couldn't move because i was so scared. next i saw some flashes like a camera. Then Brandon woke up and said dad were not naked. then he said oh well you should have told me. then he flicked on the lights and i saw hes pony tail. i was like phew its only Brandon's dad. after he went back upstairs i asked Brandon what that was about and he said his dad likes to molest little kids and his own 4 kids. That is my ghost story.

That's more like a nightmare! I'm so sorry you had to deal with that.

Madned, I have to tell you I'm loving this thread! I was reading some of the ghost stories late last night and was getting really spooked. Sounds weird, but it was fun. Good job on starting something new and interesting! Hope to see more.

That's more like a nightmare! I'm so sorry you had to deal with that.

Madned, I have to tell you I'm loving this thread! I was reading some of the ghost stories late last night and was getting really spooked. Sounds weird, but it was fun. Good job on starting something new and interesting! Hope to see more.

Thanks this can be entertaining. Afew people have said they encountered deceased Mothers or Fathers. First off I am a lucid dreamer (a person who knows they are dreaming) My first encounter with someone who had crossed over was a person who I had worked with. Knowing I was dreaming I asked him how it was on the other side his reply was it was great and you could see he was happy. Two weeks later I had a dream of him again and I asked how things were he told me he had a lot to learn. Since then I have talked to my to older brothers who have passed away. This has only started to happen in the last couple of years. I have always had an open mind, and certainly would like to think there is more going on then the 4 dimensions we live in. That being said Buddhist monks are taught to be lucid dreamers and believe me anyone can learn to do this. And I will start a topic on it if you would like? Incidentally anyone can tell me to grow up or shut up or I am an idiot etc. Have a nice day I am taking my dog for a walk He understands me without even talking.

Guest Faithful Believer

Here's a little something that my husband and I have never been able to explain. We are sure of some kind of activity in our house.

My husband was working nights and usually got home at 5:00-5:30 in the morning. One Saturday morning after he came home and got into bed a strange thing happen. We'd both just about fallen back asleep and heard what sounded like small children laughing. At this time of year no children would of been outside nor was our window open so that we would of heard them anyways. My husband jumped up in bed and asked if I had heard that. I asked exactly what he meant and he said the sound of small children laughing. A cold feeling went through me because I had thought I was dreaming, but confirmed I had heard it as well. This is something we can and never have been able to find any logical explanation to.

Things also seem to move out of their places from time to time. We have a collection of antique bottles that for some reason get turned around or moved to another place then they'd been. We've decided that whatever it is that is sharing our home is not here to hurt us. Rather it is playful and does not mean us any harm.

There's many more things that happen, but this is just a few to share.

Archived