Anyone have a Ghost story?

Madned

In reference to you feeling a cold sensation. A friend I worked with told me this story he was working in arizona at the time as an electrician, they went on a job to a restaraunt and bar outside of town. After checking out the job they decided to pull the wires through one of the rooms adjacent to where they were installing equipment. They aproached the woman manager and asked if this was okay with her. She told them no one will go into the room as it is haunted and that the rumor was that it was used as a hideout for outlaws. This amused my friend and his companions and they asked if they could pull the wires through the room anyway the woman said go ahead. My friend and his co workers entered the room and allthugh it was about 95 outside the room was freezing with no air conditioning, they allso felt something pressing on them like a wieght. After making a fast exit of the room they decided to run the wireing another route. The manager was not surprized at all.

Yes this sounds somewhat like what I have experienced. I do feel I have a negative spirt in my home because like I mentioned earlier I have had things thrown at me before. As for the feeling of weight, I occasionally experince that and become quite uncomfortable. I have had my house swept for EMF (electro magnetic fields) and there are random high readings which usually means a spirit is trying to manifest itself (plus there are no pipes with an EMF reading over 0.3 so this is why I feel I have a spirit in my house). Sometimes the heavy feeling can be caused by pipes in your home emitting high EMF readings, but this is definitely not true in my case. :huh:

Yes this sounds somewhat like what I have experienced. I do feel I have a negative spirt in my home because like I mentioned earlier I have had things thrown at me before. As for the feeling of weight, I occasionally experince that and become quite uncomfortable. I have had my house swept for EMF (electro magnetic fields) and there are random high readings which usually means a spirit is trying to manifest itself (plus there are no pipes with an EMF reading over 0.3 so this is why I feel I have a spirit in my house). Sometimes the heavy feeling can be caused by pipes in your home emitting high EMF readings, but this is definitely not true in my case. :huh:

Thanks for sharing and good luck, in Buddhism early on they realized evil spirits were very powerful rather than trying to fight them they decide to coexist and incorporated them into their rituals. Much like Mad mutual assured destruction. Exorcism can at times only make matters worse, everyone is supposed to have a guardian Angel hopefully matters will cease. I am not a Catholic but in these matters they are the worlds authority on Exorcism. And this may be a direction for you. The Catholic Church performs at last count upwards of 500 Exorcisms a year. And they do not advertise this much to their credit, maybe for fear of ridicule but probably out of reverence to the powers that have to be invoked in the process. Myself feeling unworthy would be reluctant to ask for intervention because of past sins, but the day may come. I would say if you are Catholic or not I would talk to a priest about your situation. Let me know and this is my E-mail ewalsh1@stny.rr.com I do not do this but no one should have to go through this good luck.

That's more like a nightmare! I'm so sorry you had to deal with that.

Madned, I have to tell you I'm loving this thread! I was reading some of the ghost stories late last night and was getting really spooked. Sounds weird, but it was fun. Good job on starting something new and interesting! Hope to see more.

Since you like this topic I have to tell you a few more stories from my family ( my Grandmother did Pow wow ) a topic in itself I will not go into detail now. All of her sons died in accidents or foul play she was also a midwife and delivered all of my brothers and sisters at home so much for insurance out of control. This woman whom I loved as a child died many times in the course of her life loseing so many children. the one story I remember was about her son Benjamin it was the fourth of July in 1930 something and he went with a bunch of his friends to a lake near Scranton P.A. My Grandmother had a home in Laurel Run P.A. About two in the afternoon My Grandmother heard Benjamine calling Mother over and over. She asked my Grandfather where is Benjamin he keeps calling my Grandfather said he was at the lake near Scranton. An hour later the authorities arrived to say Benjamine had drowned.

A day before my Grandmother died my sister was walking past my Grandmothers room when she heard my Grandmother having a one-sided conversation with someone my sister carefully opened the door not to intrude in case she had company, saw no one but my Grandmother sitting up in bed. My sister said Grandma who were you talking to and she said the lady in Black had come to tell her she would be taking her in the morning. My Grandmother did not seem upset at all and after awhile my sister kissed my Grandmother goodnight. In the morning my Grandmother went with the lady in black and hopefully saw her children again.

My dad was moving someone close to them from their old house to their new one, he had a friend helping with the heavy lugging. They were in the attic/bedroom where they needed to take off the door to the room (due to the width of some items that had to come out I think) anyway, they could not get the screws out from the hinges as they had been painted many times! When they were called down for a glass of tea, they left the room. Around 1 hour later, they went back up, groaning as they had to take the door down. But, when they got to the room, the door was off and leaning against a wardrobe! aparently it looked like they had done the job as the paint was scored/cracked away, the screws were on the floor, but they did not touch it! Suffice to say , they got everything moved and got out of there.

Not the most interesting, but if you were there, scary

Here's a little something that my husband and I have never been able to explain. We are sure of some kind of activity in our house.

My husband was working nights and usually got home at 5:00-5:30 in the morning. One Saturday morning after he came home and got into bed a strange thing happen. We'd both just about fallen back asleep and heard what sounded like small children laughing. At this time of year no children would of been outside nor was our window open so that we would of heard them anyways. My husband jumped up in bed and asked if I had heard that. I asked exactly what he meant and he said the sound of small children laughing. A cold feeling went through me because I had thought I was dreaming, but confirmed I had heard it as well. This is something we can and never have been able to find any logical explanation to.

Things also seem to move out of their places from time to time. We have a collection of antique bottles that for some reason get turned around or moved to another place then they'd been. We've decided that whatever it is that is sharing our home is not here to hurt us. Rather it is playful and does not mean us any harm.

There's many more things that happen, but this is just a few to share.

[/quote

Thanks for sharing you seem to be handling everything well. One amusing experience I had was at Karam rug on Front street do not know if they are still there I had my own refrigeration business and was working on a freezer in their store when to my left I saw an apparition with a huge rope flapping away, Iwas about to split in a hurry, this looked like some huge demon when my eyes adjusted to the dim light and I realized it was a Nun in full garb eating lunch.

I have felt at different times someone setting at the foot of my bed at first this is unsettling but I do not feel any harm. Not being an expert on the subject souls or spirits do not want to always move on, or are confused. Into the light as they say. Bhuddist believe it takes 3 months before you are reincarnated.

You can read the Tibetan book of the dead or the Bardo outlining the journey of the soul after death. Again thanks interesting

My dad was moving someone close to them from their old house to their new one, he had a friend helping with the heavy lugging. They were in the attic/bedroom where they needed to take off the door to the room (due to the width of some items that had to come out I think) anyway, they could not get the screws out from the hinges as they had been painted many times! When they were called down for a glass of tea, they left the room. Around 1 hour later, they went back up, groaning as they had to take the door down. But, when they got to the room, the door was off and leaning against a wardrobe! aparently it looked like they had done the job as the paint was scored/cracked away, the screws were on the floor, but they did not touch it! Suffice to say , they got everything moved and got out of there.

Not the most interesting, but if you were there, scary

That would have meant a 12 pack for me in an hour scary. I know about stuck screws and bolts and rusted nuts etc. Retired machinery mechanic, among other crafts that incident would make me vacate that place in a hurry. If they are there I do not want to see them goodbye. Thanks for the input.

Guest a Victim
I was spending the night at my friend Brandon's house. We were almost asleep...well i was almost asleep. I had a weird feeling because i never slept there before and it was a different place and surroundings if you know what i mean. Well i heard a creak on the stairs because we were in the basement. I tried to forget about it and think nothing of it. I turned over and closed my eyes. Again i heard the creak on the stairs. then another one and another one. Then i saw a shadow. I wanted to scream for Brandon but i couldn't move because i was so scared. next i saw some flashes like a camera. Then Brandon woke up and said dad were not naked. then he said oh well you should have told me. then he flicked on the lights and i saw hes pony tail. i was like phew its only Brandon's dad. after he went back upstairs i asked Brandon what that was about and he said his dad likes to molest little kids and his own 4 kids. That is my ghost story.

This post sound like either some one had a bad nightmare or they made this up to be funny. HA HA, real funny. If you made this up then it appears you are making light of child abuse.

Do you really think child abuse is funny. How funny would this be if you had an eight year old brother or sister that was sexually abused by a pedophile???.. would this still be funny...???

Do you have any idea how many child have been victims of child abuse? Do you know or can you even imagine how damaging child abuse is and how it scars that child for LIFE...???

If that was a true story, you need to talk to your friend Brandon and help him get some help.

my buddy and i were out for a ride on our wheelers and we were flying thru this old gravel pit me in the leaad on a 2 wheel drive racer him behind on the big ute. his dad had just died and this was just a day of blowin' off some steam so we were really gettin on it when this huge hawk just about took my head off. i slam the breaks and my buddy checks up and we're both looking at each other in amasement. well i should have mentioned that this guys dad was an indian and was always tellin us these crazy stories as kids. he always said if a hawk cuts your trail it's a warning. we roll up to the next creek crossing and it's a total washout i mean just plain gone with about a 15 ft drop where the trail used to be. if the fall didn't kill me the 600 lb machine hank was on prob would have. so not a ghost story but thought i'd share it. i'm pretty sure someone was looking out for us. hank i know you're always reading my posts on your day off so you can add to this if i left something out.

my buddy and i were out for a ride on our wheelers and we were flying thru this old gravel pit me in the leaad on a 2 wheel drive racer him behind on the big ute. his dad had just died and this was just a day of blowin' off some steam so we were really gettin on it when this huge hawk just about took my head off. i slam the breaks and my buddy checks up and we're both looking at each other in amasement. well i should have mentioned that this guys dad was an indian and was always tellin us these crazy stories as kids. he always said if a hawk cuts your trail it's a warning. we roll up to the next creek crossing and it's a total washout i mean just plain gone with about a 15 ft drop where the trail used to be. if the fall didn't kill me the 600 lb machine hank was on prob would have. so not a ghost story but thought i'd share it. i'm pretty sure someone was looking out for us. hank i know you're always reading my posts on your day off so you can add to this if i left something out.

Very interesting post. This one I got off TV a few years ago the show was about out of body experiences. I cannot remember all the details but one story was from a soldier in Vietnam his company was in a heavy battle and were under heavy artillery attack. This man later became the director of the Veterans Association. He had both legs and either both or one arm blown off. A heavy round went off near him and some of his fellow soldiers, the next thing he new he was among a group of his buddy's maybe 4 or 5 with the battle raging around them they were dressed in their combat uniforms but now were nothing but observers and they could pass through objects. They finally realized they were dead. After the battle the wounded and the dead were sent back to base the worst wounded were treated first and of course the dead were left in their body bags. By accident a corpsman was passing the body bag of the soldier I have just described when he heard a groan and movement. They realized he was alive but barley rushed into surgery he was saved.

When my son was about 3 we went to a family party at his great-grandmothers home. He had never been to her house before so this was a very strange experience....

He goes into the spare room where Grandma keeps various things including toys. In that spare room is a dresser w/a box on it. The box was in a silk bag and an angel statuette was sitting on top of it. My son comes out of the room from playing and tells the family that the man in the picture on the wall wants to come out of the box. We are confused and ask "what man?" thinking of the ramblings of a 3 year old. He points to a picture of Grandma's father-in-law which is on a wall and says "That man. He said he don't want to be in the box anymore and he wants to go fishing. He cut his finger on a hook last time you know". We then ask "what box?" and he leads us into the spare room and points to the box under the angel.

Well, turns out my Grandma's father-in-law's ashes are in that box. Grandma started to cry because apparently they were supposed to scatter his ashes in the creek behind their home (he was an avid fisherman) but didn't do it because Gramp was just too attached to his dad to let him go. He did indeed cut his finger when he last fished. Last I knew they were going to release his ashes into the creek.

Frankly, it was all too strange for me. This is not the first time he's done such a thing. He constantly talks about his cousin who is, according to him, his favorite cousin. His favorite cousin has been dead since my son was 2. I can't see how he could recall much about him and yet he is topic of (almost) daily conversation.

I knew a woman who considered herself a "ghost hunter." A friend of hers had died (suicide) and on an anniversary of his death, she decided to hold some sort of ritual seance in her backyard. She armed herself with a bunch of cameras and some notepaper to document anything weird that happened. This woman has probably a dozen scrapbooks of photos she's taken in graveyards and so forth. Well, she handed the digital video camera to my husband so that he could film while the ritual thing took place.

Later, we all watched the video of the experience, and she kept pointing out all the weird lights and "orbs" on the tape. She worked herself up into a total frenzy, explaining all the orbs and angels and ghosts and lights and things. Later, in the car, my husband chuckled madly and said, "yeah, I was filming a knothole in her back fence. There was a streetlight nearby, and every time a car passed on the road parallel to us, there was another 'orb.'" We had a blast with that one!

The funny thing is, I'm a pretty open-minded person, and so is he. I've also had some experiences which I cannot explain even to this day, stuff that might get me prescribed some pretty heavy duty psych meds if I hadn't had other witnesses to the events. No reason why ghosts, poltergeists, psychic activity, etc., shouldn't exist, and I believe that many things are possible/likely. But it's very funny when somebody gets all worked up to the point where they video-tape a stupid seance in the backyard and actually believe that car headlights are "orbs."

Oh yeah, and one of my family members' houses is haunted. I don't know how it's haunted, because it was built in 1990, and never inhabited by anybody but our family. Maybe Indian burial ground or something. Weird stuff happened there all the time. Locked doors would fly open. Shadows and creaks and weird feelings and cold spots. Also, people's personalities would just change a little bit when they were there for a little while: they'd feel sad, depressed, angry, have uncharacteristic outbursts, etc. Who knows, maybe the land itself is haunted.

i just remembered a good one. when we moved into our house i couldn't wait to customize the barn. a big sturdy pole barn on a slab. the old man who lived here before us had huge shop effectively cutting the barn in half. i decided to move a wall so as to cut the shop in half and give me a whole other bay for the toys. once finished we converted the old shop to "the man room" and started on the bay to make it so we could work on the bikes. well things started dissappearing, tools, parts etc. so naturally i'm blaming the kids for messing with my tools. during the transition i found an old box of junk from the prevoius owner, stuffed it on top of a shelf and forgot about it. well the old man was my buddy's grandad and one day he (my buddy) was over and i went to get the box to see if he wanted it. and sure enough in the box was a cavis tool bag from the 50's and in it were all my tools and such. it had cotter pins, washers, sockets and everything that had gone missing over the entire summer. i told brett what was going on and he just laughed and said yeah we wondered if gramps was spinning in his grave. turns out the old man was some kind of wizard with wood and spent untold hours in this shop that he built. he passed, i bought the house and started tearing apart his wood working shop and the old man took exception to it.

This post sound like either some one had a bad nightmare or they made this up to be funny. HA HA, real funny. If you made this up then it appears you are making light of child abuse.

Do you really think child abuse is funny. How funny would this be if you had an eight year old brother or sister that was sexually abused by a pedophile???.. would this still be funny...???

Do you have any idea how many child have been victims of child abuse? Do you know or can you even imagine how damaging child abuse is and how it scars that child for LIFE...???

If that was a true story, you need to talk to your friend Brandon and help him get some help.

You are so right this is something that stays with a person forever. out of eight children seven of us were put in foster homes. For reason it would take to long to explain. We were split up, me and my hunger brother the youngest were put in a very bad family more interested in profit that anything else. we were not allowed to use the indoor bathroom we had our own table apart from the other children I was beat everyday by the woman of the house and my brother was starved almost to death. Two of my sisters were Raped in there loving foster home. And as luck would have it my two oldest brothers ended up in a loving caring family. I still carry the scars from that expierence. And when we were finally reunited with my Mother and I was only six at the time I was inpevervious to pain and unbeatable no matter how many people tried to beat on me. Thank God I started reading. My young brother went into Social Services and tried to make a difference.

But for the most part Foster homes are still about money and Abuse. And sexual abuse I meant to say my brother rose in the ranks in Social Services in Penna. Expirences like this at times leads to serial killers.

Archived