Make Marajuana legal yes or no?

Guest Guest

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

quote name='Guest' date='Feb 17 2008, 05:14 PM' post='8160']

Any thoughts on this subject?

I think it should be legal. Using it is a choice that people make. Making it legal would allow the sales to be regulated, and taxed. The revenue earned from the taxes could help to offset the It could help to offset the deficit, or pay for any number of needed programs. In addition, it would allow the police to focus on more important criminal activity.

why not there are enough dead beats that live in the Binghamton area

Alcohol certainly does alot more damage to people, our culture and our economy. Same with cigarettes. It should be legal before those two are.

Alcohol certainly does alot more damage to people, our culture and our economy. Same with cigarettes. It should be legal before those two are.
I have to agree with your alcohol statement i have buried alot of friends from drinking and driveing but never from burning a joint. the drunk thinks he is a nascar driver, The stoned guy driver 30 in a 55mphzone

I have to agree with your alcohol statement i have buried alot of friends from drinking and driveing but never from burning a joint. the drunk thinks he is a nascar driver, The stoned guy driver 30 in a 55mphzone

Whole lotta truth there.

We will see it legal sooner or later!

I agree. And as the one poster said, alcohol does so much damage to our society; serious helath problems, family and social problems, lost work, crim, jail, etc.. It literally costs us billions and billions of dollars each year.

Im a former smoker myself and i even think it would be DUMB!! Just think of a president of senate person all high and trying to fun a country!! JUST THINK ABOUT THAT.

And you think they are not now, just because it is illegal? Man, you are naive.

Marijuana is the #2 cash crop in New York State. Were it legal and taxed, our budget problems would be solved.

Rev. David Robert Grate is for the removal of the federal prohibition of marijuana. He feels it is a states' rights issue - the federal government should have nothing to do with it.

VOTE FOR DAVID ROBERT GRATE FOR CONGRESS IN 2008

Im a former smoker myself and i even think it would be DUMB!! Just think of a president of senate person all high and trying to fun a country!! JUST THINK ABOUT THAT.

Well, alcohol is legal. We know they're doing that and they're not doing a very good job running the country now, in fact they're doing a piss poor job running our country. Who's to say they might not do a better job running the country if they were on pot?

are you sure you still don't smoke up? your post indicates some sort of impairment.

Guest non-pedophile
Marijuana should be legalized. I have been smoking it since '69. Or was it '70? Wait, I can't remember. Or was it '68?

duh! of course it should be legalized...........if my friend smokes a whole pound of cheeba i'll ride in the car with him. conversly if my other friend drinks six beers i wont go near his car, i'll actually take his keys. the only reason its illegal is because of all the uptight straight-laced republicans back in the sixties. it might give you a bad lung but it's not addictive or harmful to your body....makes you lazy and lathargic though. god bless the sticky-icky!

Guest twisted

Yes i believe it should be legalized, and i think the only reason it isn't is the fact it is so hard to tax...But in all reality how long is it gonna be before it actaully is legalized?

are you sure you still don't smoke up? your post indicates some sort of impairment.

why is there some impairment?? Come on people......... you think they are DRUNK while running the country??? They would screw up the world more than it already is if they were high. Seriously think about what you people are talking about and what it is your asking. At some point in your life ( especialy if you have kids) you have to grow up and not get high all the time.

why is there some impairment?? Come on people......... you think they are DRUNK while running the country??? They would screw up the world more than it already is if they were high. Seriously think about what you people are talking about and what it is your asking. At some point in your life ( especialy if you have kids) you have to grow up and not get high all the time.

What does legalizing marijuana have to do with not growing up? Lots of things are legal and I still choose NOT to do them. It is legal to own a gun, yet I don't because it isn't something I am comfortable with. Lots of other people are, so for them it is the right decision. In addition, I could legally drink myself into a stupor each night (as long as I don't try to drive), yet I don't. Just because something is LEGAL doesn't make it mandatory. However, I think that in a free society people should have the right to make their own deicisons, not have the government try to legislate our every action. Personally, I think marijuana is a lot less harmful than some of the legal prescription meds available.

duh! of course it should be legalized...........if my friend smokes a whole pound of cheeba i'll ride in the car with him. conversly if my other friend drinks six beers i wont go near his car, i'll actually take his keys. the only reason its illegal is because of all the uptight straight-laced republicans back in the sixties. it might give you a bad lung but it's not addictive or harmful to your body....makes you lazy and lathargic though. god bless the sticky-icky!

That is exactly the problem. Lazy stoners can't fight for what is right....so the uptights win. When will logic prevail and this stupidity will stop? Pro-legalization supporter really need to get together and do something.

Archived