Road Runner

Guest Daniel Murphy

My road runner is slower then what my telephone line was. Any one else having problems with theres?

It's been like that for a couple of weeks. The other night it was such a crawl, I turned off my computer. Where I live it's been bad for a couple of years. They tell me too many families on one line but it costs too much to fix, so we have to live with slow Roadrunner and now even slower Roadrunner. That's why HD and digital TV is so bad in our area.

It dont matter dude just move to mattryanville and get free internet like all the welfair collecting bums and dirt trash down there. my roadrunner is fine no problems at all!

Guest Kip Smithers
I had a '69 Road Runner. It was anything 'but' slow.

What sucks is that binghamton RR is 5 mb/sec while syracuse and other areas have 10 mb/sec. This is all due to the fact that verizon fios is available in syracuse but not here. We pay the same exact price but are getting half the speed.

There has to be a way to address this ever increasing problem with this local monopoly. Contact the Attorney Generals office or the FCC. The problem is they are trying to do too much with that wire entering your house. Even that has limits. I understand a number of internet providers are limiting speeds due to peer to peer downloads but that could do more harm than good. I noticed RR had dropped to a crawl a few times this weekend. Also my HD channels were freezing. It happened on almost all of them not just one. I believe TWC has a simple philosophy around here. Grab as much money from the customer you can, provide little if no service, provide as few channels as possible and profit, profit, profit. After all, where is everyone going to go?? They know they've got us unless we fight !! Call and complain to the Attn Gen office and the FCC. Some will say that won't do a thing but believe me if we call and keep calling, it will at least get looked at.

Maybe we need a dedicated topic area where we can address this. Options to TV cable, satt, off air, etc. Petition Verizon to speed up FIOS in the area.

Create petitions to TWC and get them signed detailing our plight.

We can put pressure on TWC but it must be done in numbers that will get our voices heard.

There has to be a way to address this ever increasing problem with this local monopoly. Contact the Attorney Generals office or the FCC. The problem is they are trying to do too much with that wire entering your house. Even that has limits. I understand a number of internet providers are limiting speeds due to peer to peer downloads but that could do more harm than good. I noticed RR had dropped to a crawl a few times this weekend. Also my HD channels were freezing. It happened on almost all of them not just one. I believe TWC has a simple philosophy around here. Grab as much money from the customer you can, provide little if no service, provide as few channels as possible and profit, profit, profit. After all, where is everyone going to go?? They know they've got us unless we fight !! Call and complain to the Attn Gen office and the FCC. Some will say that won't do a thing but believe me if we call and keep calling, it will at least get looked at.

Maybe we need a dedicated topic area where we can address this. Options to TV cable, satt, off air, etc. Petition Verizon to speed up FIOS in the area.

Create petitions to TWC and get them signed detailing our plight.

We can put pressure on TWC but it must be done in numbers that will get our voices heard.

What you are saying is very true. However, everyone in this area does nothing but complain, and never takes any actions to get what they pay for. There is no backbone left in the people around here. We see it with the increases from NYSEG - Fuel Prices (car and home) - people complain, but never take any action.

We for one got sick of it from TWC. Went and got a DirecTV system and totally love it. We mounted the dish inside looking out a big picture window, and have yet to have any major problems. Only problem we have seen is twice over the last 4 months when we got some really crappy weather, then we only lost signal for less then a minute. Telephones we have cells. Internet, we are using DirecTV and there is no telephone line installed in our home. We sent TWC a Certified Letter telling them to remove their lines from our home on or before a certain date. They did not comply. We removed them and hung on the pole out front. TWC had the nerve to try and charge us for replacement lines to our home, which we never asked for. End result, no lines and no lost funds.

We are also 80% NYSEG free. Have installed about 15 grand of solar panels and adding 5 more this summer. Then it's good by NYSEG.

So the bottom line is that if you want something done for better service, either BAN TOGETHER and do something about it, or do like we did, take it into your own hands and make some changes. We are not at least sorry for any of the changes we've made.

:)

What you are saying is very true. However, everyone in this area does nothing but complain, and never takes any actions to get what they pay for. There is no backbone left in the people around here. We see it with the increases from NYSEG - Fuel Prices (car and home) - people complain, but never take any action.

We for one got sick of it from TWC. Went and got a DirecTV system and totally love it. We mounted the dish inside looking out a big picture window, and have yet to have any major problems. Only problem we have seen is twice over the last 4 months when we got some really crappy weather, then we only lost signal for less then a minute. Telephones we have cells. Internet, we are using DirecTV and there is no telephone line installed in our home. We sent TWC a Certified Letter telling them to remove their lines from our home on or before a certain date. They did not comply. We removed them and hung on the pole out front. TWC had the nerve to try and charge us for replacement lines to our home, which we never asked for. End result, no lines and no lost funds.

We are also 80% NYSEG free. Have installed about 15 grand of solar panels and adding 5 more this summer. Then it's good by NYSEG.

So the bottom line is that if you want something done for better service, either BAN TOGETHER and do something about it, or do like we did, take it into your own hands and make some changes. We are not at least sorry for any of the changes we've made.

:)

how many years will it take you in NYSEG savings to pay for those solar panels? Will you still be alive?

Archived