My very difficult struggle with Faith

Guest Guest

For much of my life, I've had a very difficult time trying to believe in this whole subject of religion.

I've wanted to believe, but I just couldn't make myself do so. In the Bible, in a couple of places, I think, it talks about God punishing the children of those who hate God, into the following third, and fourth generations. I wonder if this might explain why it's been so hard for me to believe? So far as I know, my dad had absolutely no interest in the subject of religion, at all. I don't know exactly what his religious beliefs were, but he certainly never showed much love for God in my lifetime, at least that I'm aware of. I never knew him to go to church, or even mention the name of God.

Might this be an example of God's wrath on the children of those who hate Him?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For much of my life, I've had a very difficult time trying to believe in this whole subject of religion.

I've wanted to believe, but I just couldn't make myself do so. In the Bible, in a couple of places, I think, it talks about God punishing the children of those who hate God, into the following third, and fourth generations. I wonder if this might explain why it's been so hard for me to believe? So far as I know, my dad had absolutely no interest in the subject of religion, at all. I don't know exactly what his religious beliefs were, but he certainly never showed much love for God in my lifetime, at least that I'm aware of. I never knew him to go to church, or even mention the name of God.

I found all the faith I need in the movie Caddyshack.

The Rev had just been struck by lightning and was blind drunk sitting at the Clubhouse bar.

Ted Knight's character (who's name I forgot) scolded him and he replied "There is no God."

I knew I had found my answer right then and there.

bc voice is the last place you should be seeking an answer. Keep reading. Find God yourself, for yourself. No one is qualified on here to give you that answer. You walk on your own. You talk on your own. experience God on your own.

bc voice is the last place you should be seeking an answer. Keep reading. Find God yourself, for yourself. No one is qualified on here to give you that answer. You walk on your own. You talk on your own. experience God on your own.

this is a plant thread. you are correct, god hates you. don't ya feel better now that you know??

Guest Original Poster

Isn't it possible that other's on BC Voice might also have had similar experiences to mine? If so, maybe I could learn someting from them. Maybe they've learned something helpful somewhere, that could help me in my quest for peace. It's possible, isn't it?

Original Poster

wasnt hard to figure a troll started this thread

Interesting that all of a sudden, there seems to be an influx of religious questions being posted by a "guest."

It occurs right after AFC is repeatedly pummeled on a couple of other threads, without mercy and without anyone else coming to his defense.

I suspect the current posts are more than a mere coincidence. Me thinks AFC might be posting to himself.

Guest Original Poster
wasnt hard to figure a troll started this thread

I don't know if I'm a troll or not, but this was a genuine, sincere, well intentioned thread in which I brought up a subject which is very important to me.

original poster

I don't know if I'm a troll or not, but this was a genuine, sincere, well intentioned thread in which I brought up a subject which is very important to me.

original poster

God is real. Generational sin is real. There is hope. Find a church, and seek answers there. If you look for help on BCV, you will get a lot of useless comments that help no one. Doesn't say much for the people that live in the area.

God is real. Generational sin is real. There is hope. Find a church, and seek answers there. If you look for help on BCV, you will get a lot of useless comments that help no one. Doesn't say much for the people that live in the area.
also, refrain from listening to people that end their sentences in, " doesnt say much for the ppl that live in the area..." stick with good neighbors. not internet ones.

also, refrain from listening to people that end their sentences in, " doesnt say much for the ppl that live in the area..." stick with good neighbors. not internet ones.

Useless comment number one!

What is "generational sin"?

Does that mean I have to pay for my parents' sins?

If so, keep your antiquated God. I have my own.

EVERYONE GOES THROUGH LIFE GOING THROUGH DIFFERENT STUFF..EVERYONES DIFFERENT AND DEALS WITH THINGS DIFFERENT....I HAVE LEARNED THAT GOD PUT US HERE AND HE PUT US HERE TO BE HAPPY...NOT SAD..YOU NEED TO BE AT PEASE WITH YOURSELF IN ORDER TO CONNECT WITH GOD..YOUR LOVED ONES THAT HAVE PASSED ON ARE WITH YOU AND YOU WILL SEE THEM ONE DAY...EVERYTHING YOU GO THROUGH WAS PLANNED BY GOD BECAUSE HE KNEW YOU COULD HANDLE THINGS...SO PLEASE BE HAPPY !

What is "generational sin"?

Does that mean I have to pay for my parents' sins?

If so, keep your antiquated God. I have my own.

Have you noticed that your god disappears every time you flush?

Have you noticed that your god disappears every time you flush?

I am stunned by your incredible wit.

You must be one of those Born Agains I keep hearing about.

Archived