Should there be an age limit for drivers?

wrapyouincold

I'm open for discussion.

I'm personally on the fence pending the day, and my attitude.

Just want to hear some opinions.

There are some drivers over the age of 70 that do drive well but others are just so poor and should be off the road.

YOU ARE 1000% CORRECT! I LOVE THE LITTLE OLD WOMEN ON THE HIGHWAY DOING 45 MPH IN THE LEFT LANE (HAMMER LANE) AS US TRUCKERS TEND TO CALL IT SHE CANT EVEN SEE OVER THE STEERING WHEEL! SHOOT ME IF I GET THAT OLD AND DO THAT! :)

YOU ARE 1000% CORRECT! I LOVE THE LITTLE OLD WOMEN ON THE HIGHWAY DOING 45 MPH IN THE LEFT LANE (HAMMER LANE) AS US TRUCKERS TEND TO CALL IT SHE CANT EVEN SEE OVER THE STEERING WHEEL! SHOOT ME IF I GET THAT OLD AND DO THAT! :)

Can I first shoot your cap lock button?

you are such a schmuck with this avatar of yours. i likes the suicide one better

I'm open for discussion.

There are some drivers over the age of 70 that do drive well but others are just so poor and should be off the road.

YES, Absolutely!!! I would say it should be about between 45, and 85, give or take a year or two.

And that's the truth!

YES, Absolutely!!! I would say it should be about between 45, and 85, give or take a year or two.

And that's the truth!

that's a tough call. my father in law is 72 and very active and quite with it (avid fisherman blah, blah) and while he drives agonizingly slow, he doesn't make any mistakes. if he were to lose his ability to drive it would totally crush him. i too am on the fence as i can see both sides and have rolled my eyes at more than one geriactic driver.

that's a tough call. my father in law is 72 and very active and quite with it (avid fisherman blah, blah) and while he drives agonizingly slow, he doesn't make any mistakes. if he were to lose his ability to drive it would totally crush him. i too am on the fence as i can see both sides and have rolled my eyes at more than one geriactic driver.

Simple solution: test (for free) each driver annually after the age of 65. Take them on the highway, take them on the new JC circle, take them anywhere. If they do the speed limit, if they use proper lanes, if they obey traffic laws, if they pass an eye exam them give them a license. If not, good bye license, hello public transportation.

Simple solution: test (for free) each driver annually after the age of 65. Take them on the highway, take them on the new JC circle, take them anywhere. If they do the speed limit, if they use proper lanes, if they obey traffic laws, if they pass an eye exam them give them a license. If not, good bye license, hello public transportation.

I have been a supporter of mandatory testing for many years. It would allow the capable drivers to continue, and weed out the problematic ones. The eye exam alone would eliminate much of the problem. You can't leave the decision up to family members, it doesn't work.

I have been a supporter of mandatory testing for many years. It would allow the capable drivers to continue, and weed out the problematic ones. The eye exam alone would eliminate much of the problem. You can't leave the decision up to family members, it doesn't work.
you're right about not letting family members decide. but you'd have to test everyone i don't see how the 65 and over thing would fly.

I'm open for discussion.

Maybe you should find a Fort Lauderdale website and start this post. I think you would have much better support than the posters here :lol:

I love getting hit by old drivers and having their insurance pay me! Nothing better than slamming on the brakes and collecting $2000 and having a rental car to beat on for a week while my car gets fixed. I'm driving a 2002 Nissan that's been paid for many times over by old people. :o

That's not even funny. You could kill someone.

I love getting hit by old drivers and having their insurance pay me! Nothing better than slamming on the brakes and collecting $2000 and having a rental car to beat on for a week while my car gets fixed. I'm driving a 2002 Nissan that's been paid for many times over by old people. :o

darn why didn' t I think of that :angry:

That's not even funny. You could kill someone.
Lighten up, I'm just kidding. You can't believe everything you read. I've been in 4 accidents and they were all old people at fault(I would've avoided them if I could). I was in one stupidity incident and that was the fault of a young female teacher in Binghamton. She was so stupid it couldn't be accidental, she crossed the double yellow and ran into me while I was parked. I liked the payout on that one because it was more than I paid for that car.

Guest Moving to FL
Lighten up, I'm just kidding. You can't believe everything you read. I've been in 4 accidents and they were all old people at fault(I would've avoided them if I could). I was in one stupidity incident and that was the fault of a young female teacher in Binghamton. She was so stupid it couldn't be accidental, she crossed the double yellow and ran into me while I was parked. I liked the payout on that one because it was more than I paid for that car.

ha ha wow what an idiot that teacher is :lol: She probably taught drivers ed at Binghamton based on the way those kids drive.

Archived