Planning to plan to have a plan!!!

Ed Arzouian

I thought we could all use a few laughs.

Does this sound familiar:

"The first six months of my administration will be putting together that plan, all the people that can accomplish that plan and letting everybody have a say in what that plan should be. Then we have to show the world that we have a purpose, a direction and a goal, and we'll ask them to join us." -Matt Ryan, October 16, 2005 Section: Front Edition: 1 Page: 3A THE BINGHAMTON MAYORAL RACE; Why should we vote for you?

That was Ryan's plan to plan to have a plan!!! I still cannot believe that fools elected a guy who admitted at the time he did not even a plan for what needed to be done.

The statement above should sound familiar because it is exactly what Ryan is now proposing again with his four new committees. So, two and half years later, after his third State of the City Address, we are right back to where he proposed to start.

NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE, EVEN LESS HAS BEEN ACCOMPLISHED!

The article goes on with his classic, "ABC Plan, which he said will form a partnership between the academic and arts community, local businesses and city government. "We're going to help them all that we can to create a vibrant community," he said. "We need to have new blood in this community. And we have to show them what a great community this is."

We got Bloods, alright.

And where are these things:

"He (Ryan) has advocated a "smart on crime" tactic, which includes advanced training for police and fire, putting police on foot and bike patrols, and recruiting police officers from city neighborhoods. Ryan also has announced plans to aid seniors, including assigning city officials to visit senior centers, property tax breaks (!!!!) and working with nonprofits to create affordable senior housing. Downtown is key, Ryan said. A vibrant downtown, he said, will positively affect the neighborhoods. The city still must promote its strengths namely the low cost of housing, which is well below the national median price $66,500 in Binghamton versus $119,600 in the U.S., according to U.S. Census 2000 data.

He closes with:

"The mayor has to sell the city to businesses, too, and Ryan said he has no qualms about his ability to negotiate a deal. "Part of my job is about negotiating to make sure my clients do better things in life," he said. "

Yes, those negotiating skills that gave away The Regency after he could not reach an agreement with Sarbro in the first place, the negotiating skills that saw the owners of the O'Neil building dump it on the city of Binghamton after they demolished only half the building forcing taxpayer to pay for the rest, the negotiating skills he chose not to use with the civil servants, the Teamsters, and the Firefighter since Abdelazim and Silberstein negotiated those. Finally, those negotiation skills that have left the police without a contract for two years and now led to arbitration.

Yup, a skilled negotiator he is!!!

What a lying hypocrite! How do you people swallow this stuff? Are you braindead?

It's almost as lame as the poor job you're doing. Thank God you didn't end up with responsibility for more than a couple of abandoned buildings. Imagine if that progress were citywide.

It's almost as lame as the poor job you're doing. Thank God you didn't end up with responsibility for more than a couple of abandoned buildings. Imagine if that progress were citywide.

It is "almost" as lame but not quite as lame, right!

So, I'm doing a better job according to you.

If I'm doing mine poorly would you say they are doing theirs atrociously? Do you have a sliding scale on this?

Can you explain how my job is being done poorly?

Pleased let me know how you would do it better.

Thx.

It is "almost" as lame but not quite as lame, right!

So, I'm doing a better job according to you.

If I'm doing mine poorly would you say they are doing theirs atrociously? Do you have a sliding scale on this?

Can you explain how my job is being done poorly?

Pleased let me know how you would do it better.

Thx.

If something is almost as lame as your endeavor it means that you are more lame. That is, the lamer and the poorer one. I think you could do a better job by not bringing scorn and derision upon your employer through your mere presence. I think you could do a better job by not driving away customers and support by being a jerk. I think you could do a better job by realizing that you are not bringing good will or customers to the theater but are having rather the opposite effect. Then again, it's the Theater's job to make the discretionary decision to have the building super being such a icon of cranksterism. It's not really much different than the discretionary decisions that the City gets to make.

Tax breaks for property owners?????

Matt, where are those tax breaks?????

"The first six months of my administration will be putting together that plan, all the people that can accomplish that plan and letting everybody have a say in what that plan should be. Then we have to show the world that we have a purpose, a direction and a goal, and we'll ask them to join us." -Matt Ryan, October 16, 2005 Section: Front Edition: 1 Page: 3A THE BINGHAMTON MAYORAL RACE; Why should we vote for you?

That was Ryan's plan to plan to have a plan!!! I still cannot believe that fools elected a guy who admitted at the time he did not even a plan for what needed to be done.

The statement above should sound familiar because it is exactly what Ryan is now proposing again with his four new committees. So, two and half years later, after his third State of the City Address, we are right back to where he proposed to start.

The article goes on with his classic, "ABC Plan, which he said will form a partnership between the academic and arts community, local businesses and city government. "We're going to help them all that we can to create a vibrant community," he said. "We need to have new blood in this community. And we have to show them what a great community this is."

We got Bloods, alright.

"He (Ryan) has advocated a "smart on crime" tactic, which includes advanced training for police and fire, putting police on foot and bike patrols, and recruiting police officers from city neighborhoods. Ryan also has announced plans to aid seniors, including assigning city officials to visit senior centers, property tax breaks (!!!!) and working with nonprofits to create affordable senior housing. Downtown is key, Ryan said. A vibrant downtown, he said, will positively affect the neighborhoods. The city still must promote its strengths namely the low cost of housing, which is well below the national median price $66,500 in Binghamton versus $119,600 in the U.S., according to U.S. Census 2000 data.

He closes with:

"The mayor has to sell the city to businesses, too, and Ryan said he has no qualms about his ability to negotiate a deal. "Part of my job is about negotiating to make sure my clients do better things in life," he said. "

Yes, those negotiating skills that gave away The Regency after he could not reach an agreement with Sarbro in the first place, the negotiating skills that saw the owners of the O'Neil building dump it on the city of Binghamton after they demolished only half the building forcing taxpayer to pay for the rest, the negotiating skills he chose not to use with the civil servants, the Teamsters, and the Firefighter since Abdelazim and Silberstein negotiated those. Finally, those negotiation skills that have left the police without a contract for two years and now led to arbitration.

What a lying hypocrite! How do you people swallow this stuff? Are you braindead?

That is a good thing then.

You know what, I'm wearing it right now.

100% Merino wool from J. Crew. I've had it for years.

You would not belieive how warm and comfortable it is.

Ryan said he was going to, "work with nonprofits to create affordable senior housing."

He has done anything whatsoever in that regard?

Has one senior citizen benfitted from one thing Matt Ryan has done apart form Barb Daly gettign a job?

That is a good thing then.

You know what, I'm wearing it right now.

100% Merino wool from J. Crew. I've had it for years.

You would not belieive how warm and comfortable it is.

The warmth you feel is, no doubt, from the thickness of B.O. that has formulated on it. <_<

The warmth you feel is, no doubt, from the thickness of B.O. that has formulated on it. <_<

no way, it take them regularly to the best dry cleaner in the county.......

Who will Doofus appoint to these committees???

We got Bloods, alright.

He closes with:

Tax breaks, police training, senior housing, six month planning sessions, First Ward Health Clinics, North Side Grocery Stores, bipartisanship, where is it all?

We got Bloods, alright.

He closes with:

Guest Guest

We got Bloods, alright.

He closes with:

How much are taxpayers going to have to fork over to demolish the last half of the O'Neil Building because some idiot (was it Jim Dessauer) told Ryan that half could stand while the other half came down (at the owner's expense, not taxpayers'?) Just one more example of a botched Ryan negotiation and gross incompetence.

Guest Guest
I heard it's going to be at least 1/2 million to tear it down.

Not to mention that two streets will be closed down while the work is proceeding.

A good time to avoid downtown Binghamton.

That won't be a problem for the vast majority of Broome residents. They're already doing that.

• 1 month later...
Guest Guest

Every now and then this bears repeating.

It stands the test of time really well.

We got Bloods, alright.

He closes with:

Archived