foo review

pointrider

one of the best rock concerts i have ever seen. the opening acts were, well opening acts and i'll leave it at that. the stage was unique in that it had a long runner going out into the middle of the crowd that let dave grohl really work the crowd. they ran through their songs mixing them up with old & new. there was an acoustic set in the middle of the show that was awesome. and i don't mean sit on a stool and strum acoustic, it was all foo. at one point there was 8 people on stage including organ and violin. pretender was like the second song of the night, then (not in order) monkey wrench, hero(acoustic sort of) skin and bones,times like these, all my life for encore. the best part was watching through the eyes of my son and his buddy who was at his first concert. i'm quite certain i embarassed them more than once.

one of the best rock concerts i have ever seen. the opening acts were, well opening acts and i'll leave it at that. the stage was unique in that it had a long runner going out into the middle of the crowd that let dave grohl really work the crowd. they ran through their songs mixing them up with old & new. there was an acoustic set in the middle of the show that was awesome. and i don't mean sit on a stool and strum acoustic, it was all foo. at one point there was 8 people on stage including organ and violin. pretender was like the second song of the night, then (not in order) monkey wrench, hero(acoustic sort of) skin and bones,times like these, all my life for encore. the best part was watching through the eyes of my son and his buddy who was at his first concert. i'm quite certain i embarassed them more than once.

Cool...thkz for the review.

Just out of curiosity....how did you embarrass your son and friend?

Cool...thkz for the review.

Just out of curiosity....how did you embarrass your son and friend?

basically singing along at the top of my lungs for 2 hours. and some lame attempts at banging my head. btw it was my son's 2nd show he has seen ted nugent. but his friend was brand new!

basically singing along at the top of my lungs for 2 hours. and some lame attempts at banging my head. btw it was my son's 2nd show he has seen ted nugent. but his friend was brand new!

lol...nice.

How old is your kid?

9. that picture with povich is absolutely hilarious! one thing i forgot to mention is the venue itself. the event center staff was well staffed, competent and efficient. also because they don't serve booze it's a better atmosphere for the kids.

Good to know for the future.

Thnx again

Not to sound like I am hammering you because I don't mean it that way but... You took a nine year old kid to a rock concert? No Offense but that sounds a little weird to me. I love the Foos but would never have taken my kids to a concert at that age. You should be commended for going with them at least. Thanks for the review sounds like it was a blast.

Not to sound like I am hammering you because I don't mean it that way but... You took a nine year old kid to a rock concert? No Offense but that sounds a little weird to me. I love the Foos but would never have taken my kids to a concert at that age. You should be commended for going with them at least. Thanks for the review sounds like it was a blast.
thanks first of all for your respectful approach. it's a break from the usual haters. i was i little nervous, let's face it concerts can bring out the worst in people. but we talked about it, layed down some very simple ground rules (nobody goes ANYWHERE by themselves) and explained that the concert is a form of entertainment like anything else. i don't know how old your kids are but i felt safe at the event center. they have ushers at every section and a very thorough check upon entering. also we in the top row so we could see everything and noone was behind us.

Guest dr phil

Nice job of raising your kid. He'll be in jail in five years!!

Archived