Should Time Warner/Roadrunner sue Binghamton

Guest Guest

Somebdoy said Time Warner Cable/Roadrunner could not challenge the City of Binghamton for unfair trade practices? Think again:

"Philadelphia's plan was ambitious, innovative, and quickly challenged by Verizon as unfair competition:

A chief complaint: a city can draw on taxpayer dollars, while a private company has to pay interest on borrowed capital. Also, the telecoms complain, public-sector projects are subject to far less regulation.

"Verizon has always been pro-competition if all of the competitors that are providing the same kind of service are

The Binghamton public should sue Time Warner and NYSEG for being monopolies and for unfair business practices. We need competition to reduce prices, but instead we have a good ole boys club.

And I could not have said it any better.

You got my support if you ever want to get something going.

Even tho we no longer have TWC and only use NYSEG about 10% of the time, I'm with you on this ! ! ! ! !

I have been a DirecTV subscriber for almost 2 years now (but I do keep the "local channels" from TWC at $5.33/month because federal law doesn't let DirecTV give me the networks in my zipcode).

There hasn't been a day that went by when the picture quality from DirecTV wasn't measurably better than TWC's quality. Plus, FWIW, the NFL Network is "included" in the basic package (as are 4 ESPN channels, MSG, FSN, SportsNet NY, Versus, the Big Ten Network, Speed, Fuel, and maybe some I don't watch -- all without needing to buy a "sports package" as TWC calls it, at a premium price). I feel well-satisfied that I am getting much "more" for "less" cost.

Like the slogan goes, "somebody up there loves you . . ." (You haven't heard anyone bragging that TWC "loves" them lately, have you?)

I have been a DirecTV subscriber for almost 2 years now (but I do keep the "local channels" from TWC at $5.33/month because federal law doesn't let DirecTV give me the networks in my zipcode).

There hasn't been a day that went by when the picture quality from DirecTV wasn't measurably better than TWC's quality. Plus, FWIW, the NFL Network is "included" in the basic package (as are 4 ESPN channels, MSG, FSN, SportsNet NY, Versus, the Big Ten Network, Speed, Fuel, and maybe some I don't watch -- all without needing to buy a "sports package" as TWC calls it, at a premium price). I feel well-satisfied that I am getting much "more" for "less" cost.

Like the slogan goes, "somebody up there loves you . . ." (You haven't heard anyone bragging that TWC "loves" them lately, have you?)

Agreed 100%.

I was stunned when I got the same basic cable package (4 channels) so I could watch NFL playoffs. The picture absolutely SUCKED compared to my dish. It was (and still is) all washed out and grainy. Terrible. The dish comes in crystal clear.

I'm loving the free NFL channel I get.

The Binghamton public should sue Time Warner and NYSEG for being monopolies and for unfair business practices. We need competition to reduce prices, but instead we have a good ole boys club.

Now lets see you get 10 people that will go along with you !

You won't because the people around here are not interested. They calim to be and want this kind of BS to stop, like it's been said a many time before, there is no BACK BONE in the PEOPLE that LIVE IN BROOM AND SURROUNDING COUNTIES !

Good Luck because it will just keep flowing, the money that is out of your pocket for a service that is crap!!!

What do you do for internet? Can you get Roadrunner with just the $5.33/mo local pkg?

Yes you can. I do. You pay for RR just as if that's their only service you subscribe to.

Now lets see you get 10 people that will go along with you !

You won't because the people around here are not interested. They calim to be and want this kind of BS to stop, like it's been said a many time before, there is no BACK BONE in the PEOPLE that LIVE IN BROOM AND SURROUNDING COUNTIES !

Good Luck because it will just keep flowing, the money that is out of your pocket for a service that is crap!!!

Really? Is that what they "calim?"

Ryan pickets with all his appointees against Time Warner and then launches free wifi?

He wonders why business doens't come to downtown Binghamton.

Time -Warner should sue him and Abdelazim

They have no case for a lawsuit but they can hire lobbyist in Albany to get the state to pass a law against it (unless such state law already exists). That is what Verizon did in the case of Philadelphia.

amen

Really? Is that what they "calim?"

What a jerk !

Like what is this, Grammer/Spelling class ?

If you can not contribute to the thread, go post someplace else !

Or maybe you don't like it because the poster actually made some sense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes you can. I do. You pay for RR just as if that's their only service you subscribe to.

When I was in Syracuse, I had DirecTV, and paid for Road Runner. On a whim, I connected the cable to a cable-ready TV and found I got all the basic channels and even one HBO for FREE! I don't know if it's because once they turn the line on for internet, they can't keep out the basic channels, but it could be worth a try.

If you connect your roadrunner line to a TV with a QAM tuner you can receive all of the local HD channels (except wbng of course) free. They wont tell you this, but they have to leave them unscrambled per the FCC.

If you connect your roadrunner line to a TV with a QAM tuner you can receive all of the local HD channels (except wbng of course) free. They wont tell you this, but they have to leave them unscrambled per the FCC.

HD ? or Digital ?

HD there are only a few here locally.

Digital would be just about everything.

:lol:

What a jerk !

Like what is this, Grammer/Spelling class ?

If you can not contribute to the thread, go post someplace else !

Or maybe you don't like it because the poster actually made some sense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, the poster made no sense. And if someone is either too stupid or too lazy to check his/her spelling when posting a "venomous" reply to a post I've made, then expect some retribution, grammer-style. He even spelled the name of our county incorrectly. The poster's point was "nyah, nyah, nyah - no one's going to stand up." Is wasn't a post based on sense or a sensible argument.

Now go get your shinebox.

Somebdoy said Time Warner Cable/Roadrunner could not challenge the City of Binghamton for unfair trade practices? Think again:

"Philadelphia's plan was ambitious, innovative, and quickly challenged by Verizon as unfair competition:

A chief complaint: a city can draw on taxpayer dollars, while a private company has to pay interest on borrowed capital. Also, the telecoms complain, public-sector projects are subject to far less regulation.

"Verizon has always been pro-competition if all of the competitors that are providing the same kind of service are

Really, should Time-Warner sue????

Archived