Catholics: Ash Wednesday Tomorrow

A Faithful Catholic

Just your opinion.

Yes, silly of me. Why would I think that? Could it have anything to do with this, maybe? .....

I guess I mis-read that. eh?

There is nothing wrong with them PERSONALLY. Their faulty beliefs are a different matter.

And just to prove your good faith, you'd written this:

You just don't seem to get it. I don't dislike them. I dislike false beliefs. You, thought I was degrading them personally and I wasn't. So you judged me according to what you thought was right. Now, if they changed their FALSE beliefs to the truth, what could I say to them? NOTHING. :blink:

Until you yourself demonstrate ability to string two thoughts together in a row I won't be accepting any instruction from you on Reason.

The rest of your post features the obligatory non-sequiturs that make you such a consistent source of inspiration on use of Reason.

Reason DOES NOT overrule faith. Reason doesn't get you into heaven.

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Knight of Darkness
Reason DOES NOT overrule faith. Reason doesn't get you into heaven.

Good thing, you certainly have no capacity for reason.

BTW, how are you coming on figuring out who I really am? Oh that's right, you don't have the capacity for reason, so you're unable to figure anything out on your own. It wouldn't do you any good anyway, what could you do to me? Have Uncle Fatso, er, I mean Uncle Geo, sit on me? :D

That heretic "nun" has given NO CREDIBLE evidence just on that one point NO PROOF.

Once it became apparent that she had 'defected to the opposition' as it were, and was likely to blow some whistles, her apparent non-existence on records that should have confirmed her former Nun status proves nothing.

Those records would have been purged in great haste of all traces of her former Holy Orders so as to discredit in advance anything the Church was afraid she'd say. Truth-fudging, whitewashes and cover-ups are all 'damage control' not exclusive to the Political realm.

You just don't seem to get it. I don't dislike them. I dislike false beliefs. You, thought I was degrading them personally and I wasn't. So you judged me according to what you thought was right. Now, if they changed their FALSE beliefs to the truth, what could I say to them? NOTHING. :blink:

So, now you've back-peddled on that particular description of Protestants? Or are you just doing that to hose down the "Prots are not equivalent to Catholics by any shot...." example I presented as rebuttal of your 'Liar' accusation?

Did you expect me not to notice that you have ignored for the second time the other part about mis-labeling me as a Liar? What do you intend to do about that?

YOU ARE A LIAR: I have never said "what dreadful people Protestants are" NEVER. I attack FALSE TEACHINGS and ERRORS, not the people. I had said this a million times. I guess you are getting desperate to have to lie! You're a cheap liar. That is being nice about it.

Once it became apparent that she had 'defected to the opposition' as it were, and was likely to blow some whistles, her apparent non-existence on records that should have confirmed her former Nun status proves nothing.

It proves that her existence is ridiculous and is just made up of a bunch of hodge podge, virulent anti-catholics. The Church has on record all all people who belong to the Church, including heretics. What makes you think a NUN is any different?

Those records would have been purged in great haste of all traces of her former Holy Orders so as to discredit in advance anything the Church was afraid she'd say.Truth-fudging, whitewashes and cover-ups are all 'damage control' not exclusive to the Political realm.

Considering the FACT that a nun CANNOT have Holy Orders makes your argument MOOT. Damage Control? Why? There has always been dissidents and heretics within the Church since day one. BIG DEAL. I have yet to come across any truth in that pact of lies.

So, now you've back-peddled on that particular description of Protestants?

I have not.....

Or are you just doing that to hose down the "Prots are not equivalent to Catholics by any shot...." example I presented as rebuttal of your 'Liar' accusation?

They are not in terms of teachings and doctrines. MANY of their doctrine are erroneous.

Did you expect me not to notice that you have ignored for the second time the other part about mis-labeling me as a Liar? What do you intend to do about that?

I didn't. You mislabeled me a hater of them I am not. I simply dislike their falsehoods. They certainly need to be changed because they have damaged many souls.

It was YOUR mistake and not my side step.

I have never denied it. Don't blame me for your mistakes.

It was a TYPO and unless you want to admit to being a complete imbecile, you used a TYPO to try to cover your LIE once you were confronted with your own words.

This thread is the best I have seen in quite some time. Over and over and over you have shown with your very own words how ridiculous it would be for anyone to take you seriously.

My thanks to all of you who took the time to shove a foolish catholic's derogatory, hateful, and mean-spirited words right back at him.

;)

Now I am going to continue to smash this article:

So before November 1, 1950, any Catholic who believed in the Assumption of Mary was a heretic (because of "infallible" declarations of popes).

This heretic has not proven this at all. It just simply made a statement with no proof to back it up, other than naming popes. No decree was named. This is certainly NOT infallible at all. It would have been declared as such, just like any other Dogma and Doctrine. It failed in this regard. Not everything that comes out of the mouth of the Pope is infallible.

But after November 1, 1950, any Catholic who failed to believe in the Assumption of Mary was a heretic (because of the "infallible" declaration of Pope Pius XII).

The Assumption of Mary is an INFALLIBLE DOGMA, as rightfully pointed out, and is a required believe of the FAITH.

In 1864, Pope Pius IX "infallibly" declared that the idea that people have a right to freedom of conscience and freedom of worship is "insanity," "evil," "depraved," and "reprobate". He also declared that non-Catholics who live in Catholic countries should not be allowed to publicly practice their religion. In 1888, Pope Leo XIII "infallibly" declared that freedom of thought and freedom of worship are wrong. These encyclicals are available on-line. [Note 4 gives addresses for them.]

"Catholic teaching consistently recognizes the distinction between individual licentiousness and religious freedom. These two concepts should not be confused; as is the case in the above question, with its selective use of excerpts from Quanta Cura and Dignitatis Humanae."

http://www.breadofangels.com/apologetics/liberty.html

Obviously, this heretic has no clue.

]Now I certainly agree with the idea of freedom of religion.

So does the Catholic Church.

However, it totally contradicts the "infallible" declarations of Popes Pius IX and Leo XIII.

No, it does not. You simply have things CONFUSED as normal.

It also contradicts the anathemas of the Council of Trent,

No, it does not. The COT condemned heresies that passed off as "Christian" and tried to bring down the Catholic Church. The CC dealt with the heretics of the "reformation" just like it did any other heresy that has cropped up since day 1: It held a Council and handed down it's decision. Nothing new.

Let's see what St. Paul says about those preachings "another Gospel"

No Other Gospel

6I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you by the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— 7which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ. 8But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned! 9As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let him be eternally condemned!

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=galatians+1:6-9

Pretty clear what St. Paul thinks!

According to St. Paul, The Council of Trent was JUST because the "reformers" where preaching A NEW GOSPEL, that is NEW DOCTRINES, never heard of before 1511 AD.

the killing of "heretics,"

Since when did the Church KILL anybody? The secular authorities did. Shall I bring up the TOTAL destruction of the Catholic Church in England and Ireland, which was just a huge power, money, and land grab????? How about the MURDEROUS rampage of Catholic Priests and even other heretics that refused to believe in King Henry the VIII? They all were murdered.

the Inquisition,

I certainly know you don't mean the SPANISH INQUISITION!

The conservative group (True Catholic) concludes that, therefore, the Second Vatican Council must not be legitimate. The liberal group (Women Priests) concludes that, therefore, Pope Pius IX taught "errors". Either way, there are contradictions between official doctrinal declarations of an "infallible" pope and an "infallible" church council.

These are NOT Catholic groups at all. They are heretics.

That "nun" is a HUGE joke.

Enough for now.....

This thread is the best I have seen in quite some time. Over and over and over you have shown with your very own words how ridiculous it would be for anyone to take you seriously.

My thanks to all of you who took the time to shove a foolish catholic's derogatory, hateful, and mean-spirited words right back at him.

Bla bla bla. Same old nonsense.

My threads are the most popular on this board. :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

Guest BC Voice of Reason

My threads are the most popular on this board. :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

Oh no, you spread your filth to other boards than just this one? God save the Internets!

Popular in your eyes... most just come in to argue, which many are trying to be good at .. and your always up for a fight..

I see these threads at the top of the heap and think the same thing

BEATING A DEAD HORSE AGAIN?

Popular in your eyes... most just come in to argue, which many are trying to be good at .. and your always up for a fight..

I see these threads at the top of the heap and think the same thing

BEATING A DEAD HORSE AGAIN?

But it's so much fun when the dead horse is AFC! :lol:

Problem is - Very, VERY, few think being a cath - o - nut is a good thing for them. You re-enforce many of the same dogma issues that led many to leave the church. The church is always right but the people in it are wrong. The church is always right statements is the same reason that most of us moved out of our parents basements. I can only be abused by 'teachings' so long without the compassion for my fellow man.

We are all sinners. I just prefer to be around other people that try to help me understand my faith - a journey together to make me, my family, my community, and the world a better place in the name of god.

Your dogma is near perfect. The perfection you claim, I think, leaves religion in a black and white state for you. Good for you. I'm glad you've got your religion down.

I have gotten to the point that when I read your 'famous' posts, I shake my head and feel sorry for you. An original thought - you seem to lack any. Bringing people closer to God - I fear not.

Proving you are right to yourself - everyday you prove yourself right here at BC Voice.com. How wrong is that? I think it's sinful. Taking pride in the fault of others. You'll now pull some religious quote out to prove me wrong - making it worse for you.

You win - every-time and yet you learn nothing.

Go ahead - split this into sound bites. Since you seem to be incapable of just having a conversation -- start pulling me apart. When you pull my words apart you just keep putting more and more bricks between me and you. What a shame - I probably have a lot to learn from you but the wall keeps getting higher and higher.

I certainly do and enjoy it.

Those in the know, know what I am doing. The Catholic Faith is the Faith taught by Jesus to His Apostles and has been preserved by the Fathers. The CC has been defending the TRUE FAITH since the very beginning from all heresies that have cropped up from time to time.

You say so.

Considering the FACT that a nun CANNOT have Holy Orders makes your argument MOOT.

So in a vastly intricate organization a non-Catholic doesn't know precisely every snippet of its Terminology? To use your words: "BIG DEAL"!

How does that make my argument "moot" ?

Only someone groping dishonestly for escape from the issue I raise would scuttle for shelter behind a petty Technicality.

Regardless of whatever formal term describes former Catholic Nun Mary Ann Collins' time in service, record of that is unlikely to have survived un-tampered. The need to discredit her observations artificially would be too tempting.

BTW, if you wish to enlighten me as to the formal term I should have used, I have no objection.

Problem is - Very, VERY, few think being a cath - o - nut is a good thing for them.

That is their choice.

You re-enforce many of the same dogma issues that led many to leave the church.

You mean the very truth?

The church is always right but the people in it are wrong. The church is always right statements is the same reason that most of us moved out of our parents basements.

The people don't decide the FAITH. Only those in the TEACHING AUTHORITY do: The Magisterium. The Church has the FINAL AUTHORITY in Christianity, per scripture. That Church would be the CATHOLIC CHURCH, the one that holds the KEYS. The Faith is not decided by popular consensus.

I can only be abused by 'teachings' so long without the compassion for my fellow man.

The TEACHINGS don't conflict with any compassion.

We are all sinners.

Yep. We must repent and confess our sins the way the Lord instructed us too.

I just prefer to be around other people that try to help me understand my faith - a journey together to make me, my family, my community, and the world a better place in the name of god. Your dogma is near perfect. The perfection you claim, I think, leaves religion in a black and white state for you. Good for you. I'm glad you've got your religion down.

I try to educate people on the true Christianity handed down by the Apostles. It is perfect, because it comes from GOD. The Lord's teachings are pretty clear.

I have gotten to the point that when I read your 'famous' posts, I shake my head and feel sorry for you. An original thought - you seem to lack any. Bringing people closer to God - I fear not.

My personal opinions mean nothing to the true teachings of Christ. I tell the TRUTH. People have the free will to accept it or reject it.

Proving you are right to yourself - everyday you prove yourself right here at BC Voice.com.

The teachings of Christ I put forth are true and correct.

How wrong is that? I think it's sinful. Taking pride in the fault of others. You'll now pull some religious quote out to prove me wrong - making it worse for you. You win - every-time and yet you learn nothing.

Instructing the ignorant is actually an act of mercy that falls under "Love thy Neighbor"

I know the FAITH handed down by the Apostles. I certainly know what FALSE TEACHINGS are.

Go ahead - split this into sound bites. Since you seem to be incapable of just having a conversation -- start pulling me apart. When you pull my words apart you just keep putting more and more bricks between me and you. What a shame - I probably have a lot to learn from you but the wall keeps getting higher and higher.

TRANSLATION: AFC I am right and do not respond to me.

Problem is - Very, VERY, few think being a cath - o - nut is a good thing for them. You re-enforce many of the same dogma issues that led many to leave the church. ..... [...] .....

Accurate and elegantly put, 'Guest'.

Problem is - Very, VERY, few think being a cath - o - nut is a good thing for them. You re-enforce many of the same dogma issues that led many to leave the church. The church is always right but the people in it are wrong. The church is always right statements is the same reason that most of us moved out of our parents basements. I can only be abused by 'teachings' so long without the compassion for my fellow man.

We are all sinners. I just prefer to be around other people that try to help me understand my faith - a journey together to make me, my family, my community, and the world a better place in the name of god.

Your dogma is near perfect. The perfection you claim, I think, leaves religion in a black and white state for you. Good for you. I'm glad you've got your religion down.

Proving you are right to yourself - everyday you prove yourself right here at BC Voice.com. How wrong is that? I think it's sinful. Taking pride in the fault of others. You'll now pull some religious quote out to prove me wrong - making it worse for you.

You win - every-time and yet you learn nothing.

This sums it up perfectly. How sad that, as usual, it went right over AFC's head.

So in a vastly intricate organization a non-Catholic doesn't know precisely every snippet of its Terminology? To use your words: "BIG DEAL"!

Holy Orders is a huge deal.

How does that make my argument "moot" ?

You proclaimed "she" had Holy Orders. Added to that you think "she" is a "nun" and has some kind of authority on Catholic matters. I don't believe "she" even existed. What convent and what diocese was "she" located in? These are VERY basic questions.... Care to tell me?

Only someone groping dishonestly for escape from the issue I raise would scuttle for shelter behind a petty Technicality.

It's not petty when I certainly know the importance of Holy Orders. Without proper Holy Orders as well as Apostolic Succession, you do not have a proper priesthood and therefore do not come from the Apostles at all. The link has been severed.

Regardless of whatever formal term describes former Catholic Nun Mary Ann Collins' time in service, record of that is unlikely to have survived un-tampered. The need to discredit her observations artificially would be too tempting.

Why would they need to do that? "Her" affiliation with "Women Priests" and "True Catholic" BOTH heretical groups, proves how distorted "her" beliefs are. I have shot holes in much of that nonsense "she" wrote. When I came across that "women priests" comments I knew there was ABSOLUTELY no credibility at all. I believe those "women priests" have all been excommunicated as well as all the audience and any true Catholic Clergy present.

BTW, if you wish to enlighten me as to the formal term I should have used, I have no objection.

It certainly is NOT Holy Orders and I don't think the heretic even existed. I believe it is just a group of people who drew up that ridiculous letter and placed a name and called it a nun to give their lies more credibility. Of course, people dived at it.......

Archived