Catholics: Ash Wednesday Tomorrow

A Faithful Catholic

Not when it comes to Christianity! Maybe being petty with people!

When did you get to decide for everyone else what is petty and what is not? What to others is evidently an insult they take exception to is what you call 'petty'.

What touches YOU deeply is all that matters to you. What touches others is unimportant to you ... petty. You are too totally self-absorbed to pay any attention to how others feel and to what effect you are having. You are socially illiterate, AFC.

Not when it comes to Christianity!

You wouldn't even know! It became obvious very early that no one can discuss Christianity with you, because you won't discuss it!

You have not discussed it for a couple of months. You do not seem to think there is anything to discuss, so you don't. You just TELL people things. It's not part of your script that you should need to do anything else but announce things. You have never yet reasoned through a single thing with any of us. Why should I or anyone else bother to discuss Christianity with a person who won't discuss it? You can't be taken seriously. Therefore you'll never really know much at all about my stance on Christianity. That makes you totally unqualified to pontificate on what my stance on Christianity is!

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest BC Voice of Reason
"You say so"

No, that's pretty much the sentiments of every single person that's posted in this thread but you. So "all of you say so", would be more appropriate. You must be a glutton for punishment if you continue to fill this forum with your idiocy. I can't begin to imagine the hours you've spent trying to rebut every post. You've got a sad pathetic existence. If you weren't such a pigheaded buffoon I'd almost feel sorry for you.

When did you get to decide for everyone else what is petty and what is not?

I am the original poster. Since when do YOU speak for everyone else?

What to others is evidently an insult they take exception to is what you call 'petty'.

They belong to the rebellious "church" not me.

What touches YOU deeply is all that matters to you.

Nope. The TRUE teachings are what is important to me.

What touches others is unimportant to you ... petty. You are too totally self-absorbed to pay any attention to how others feel and to what effect you are having. You are socially illiterate, AFC.

Save the feelings for the Dr. Phil show. There are FALSE teachings and FALSE movements within Christianity that need to be exposed and derided.

You wouldn't even know! It became obvious very early that no one can discuss Christianity with you, because you won't discuss it!

You have not discussed it for a couple of months.

People try to parade a false teaching in front of me and I will attack it. I discuss Christianity all the time.....LOOK AT THE TOPIC of this thread!

You do not seem to think there is anything to discuss, so you don't. You just TELL people things. It's not part of your script that you should need to do anything else but announce things. You have never yet reasoned through a single thing with any of us. Why should I or anyone else bother to discuss Christianity with a person who won't discuss it? You can't be taken seriously. Therefore you'll never really know much at all about my stance on Christianity. That makes you totally unqualified to pontificate on what my stance on Christianity is!

There is only ONE TRUTH in Christianity and ONE TRUE CHURCH of the Apostles and that is the CATHOLIC CHURCH. The other "churches" lack the FULLNESS of that TRUTH.

Guest Knight of Darkness
No, that's pretty much the sentiments of every single person that's posted in this thread but you. So "all of you say so", would be more appropriate. You must be a glutton for punishment if you continue to fill this forum with your idiocy. I can't begin to imagine the hours you've spent trying to rebut every post. You've got a sad pathetic existence. If you weren't such a pigheaded buffoon I'd almost feel sorry for you.

"So say we all." Actually almost all, there is that little ankle biting brain trust that tries to save AFC whenever he runs out of quotes and snotty comments.

AFC and Brain Trust:

p1_dumb.jpg

Guest Knight of Darkness
What touches YOU deeply is all that matters to you. What touches others is unimportant to you ... petty. You are too totally self-absorbed to pay any attention to how others feel and to what effect you are having. You are socially illiterate, AFC.

More like socially braindead.

Guest Knight of Darkness
But you have NO PROBLEMS with the insults that I have endured since the very beginning! :blink: I have been VERY TAME for what has been handed to me!

LunaC never said she had no problem with my insulting you, but once again, you are appealing to the very people whom you've insulted for help against me. That is so rich with irony. :D Dude, you started this, instead of disagreeing with people in a civil way, you've chosen to take an insulting, arrogant, disrespectful approach. People feel their beliefs define them, when you trash their beliefs, you trash them. And so while others such as LunaC may not care for me or my sledgehammer tactics, they don't interfere on your behalf either.

It's an old adage that you draw more flies with honey than vinegar. Instead of heeding that, you wanted to give all non-Catholics (and even some Catholics you labeled as wayward) here a heaping teaspoonful of vinegar, so now they're sitting back and watching as I pour the bottle down your throat.

Guest Knight of Darkness
It's truly lame that she felt she had to click on my thread and EVEN make a response!

She wasn't responding to you, she was responding to Jon. You had the choice to simply ignore her, but you didn't. Don't you think you're fighting with enough people already?

Not interested in your childish games.

Oh yes you are. 4.gif

You ranted for weeks after the family album episode. And in spite of your repeated statements you would ignore me from now on, you continue to read my postings and respond to me. All I have to do is burn your butt on something like the Seven Deadly Sins, and you start screaming. I'm glad my picture last night made you hungry, so pull up a chair on the shores of the eternal lake of fire, we'll toss some extra on the BarBQ for you, and we'll have the rest of eternity to discuss your views. 11.gif

Jesus is the way the truth and the life, NO ONE comes to the Father but through him. Not the Pope, not Mary, not the saints, only JESUS.

Catholicism needs to go back to the Bible and teach this and not factor in the importance of a "Pope", its non Biblical.

I am not anti-Catholic, I'm anti-stupid. On the other hand, I think that all Pope worshipers are either deluded or stupid. Go figure.

Jesus is the way the truth and the life, NO ONE comes to the Father but through him. Not the Pope, not Mary, not the saints, only JESUS.

We don't go through ANY OF THEM to get to Christ!!!! The pope LEADS people to Christ by PRESERVING the Faith handed down by the Apostles! The Successor of Peter, the Pope, holds the Keys to the Kingdom of Heaven and he has the binding and loosing power, per Christ's will:

Matthew 16:18-20 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?searc...amp;version=31;

18And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven." 20Then he warned his disciples not to tell anyone that he was the Christ.

That is the BIBLICAL PAPACY. Ignored by MANY. They ignore Christ's will and are in error.

The Pope's job is to keep the TRUE Church of Christ on the right track. The pope does this in addition to the Bishops united with him, called the MAGISTERIUM. No one else has the Keys to Heaven than the Successor of Peter in ALL of Christendom. PERIOD. He has the DIVINE AUTHORITY, per Christ's will, to bind and loose as necessary and does it.

Catholicism needs to go back to the Bible and teach this and not factor in the importance of a "Pope", its non Biblical.

Then we would be going AGAINST Christ and His spokesmen, the APOSTLES. The bible is only HALF of the Word of God. Catholics use the ENTIRE Word of God.

I am not anti-Catholic, I'm anti-stupid. On the other hand, I think that all Pope worshipers are either deluded or stupid. Go figure.

Catholics DON'T worship the pope. :blink: The Pope has the DIVINE AUTHORITY to exercise his office he holds, per Christ. He keeps the Church on the straight and narrow in terms of the FAITH TEACHINGS and MORALITY.

Guest You make me sad

I think it would be nice if the believers kept thier beliefs to themselves and not try and shove their religion down my thraot by changing our constitution and teaching their fantasies to kids in our schools or threatening that we will all go to hell if we do not believe in the same fantasies that they believe in.

My country's Constitution says I have the right to Freedom of Religon. I don't see a Right of Non Belief or a Freedom From Religon.

If you like to believe the press then you can believe that the Pope said all non Catholics will burn in Hell. He did not. If you would like to believe other reports you can believe he said all non Christians will go to Hell. Again, he did not.

The only group that I am sure of saying all the other people will go to Hell is certain groups of the Baptists. These people do not represent most of the non Catholic Christian believers.

It is a Jewish belief that the earth is only 6,000 years old. Most Catholics will tell you that The Big Bang Theory (keep in mind theory) is possible. It is also possible that Adam and Eve existed for a million years in the Garden of Eden before eating the forbidden fruit.

By the way, the derogatory term would be Prod not Prot. It is an Irish Catholic (aka Green Irish) vs Prod (Orange Irish). It is meant to keep it straight on who should be killing whom.

Guest BC Voice of Reason
Matthew 16:18-20 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?searc...amp;version=31;

18And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven." 20Then he warned his disciples not to tell anyone that he was the Christ.

The apostles couldn't even keep Jesus' last words on the cross straight, but yet you base a whole religion off the above three verses? :blink:

"And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, "Eli, eli, lama sabachthani?" that is to say, "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" ...Jesus, when he cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost."

"And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, "Father, unto thy hands I commend my spirit" and having said thus, he gave up the ghost."

"When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, "It is finished" and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost."

I don't need to justify what was handed down by Christ.

Quite so! But you justify what was handed down by Men. Not in the same league.

"Blessed are those that have not seen, but believed." Don't be a doubting Thomas.

From some quarters Thomas has received bad press. I think that does him injustice. He was merely being sensible. What is too often overlooked is that he too cast aside his doubts in the end. But when he did so, he did it voluntarily for reasons that made sense to him. He in fact epitomized a couple of proverbs:

"Whose mind is changed against the Will is of the same opinion still" ~William Wordsworth.

and:

"A Wise Man sometimes changes his mind. A Fool never does." ~Anon

Thomas changed his mind willingly in the end, so that change went deeper. And the fact that he did change his mind meant that he was not a fool.

I have no problem with being characterized by you as a 'Doubting Thomas'. I would be alarmed if it were otherwise.

Closer to home, you have been urged by many of your equals to review your tactics and attitude toward those whose views don't entirely match yours. Which will you be, A Faithful Catholic ... that proverbial Wise Man? ... or the Fool?

Quite so! But you justify what was handed down by Men. Not in the same league.

Are you telling me the actions of the Apostles need to be questioned? :o

From some quarters Thomas has received bad press. I think that does him injustice. He was merely being sensible. What is too often overlooked is that he too cast aside his doubts in the end. But when he did so, he did it voluntarily for reasons that made sense to him. He in fact epitomized a couple of proverbs:

"Whose mind is changed against the Will is of the same opinion still" ~William Wordsworth.

and:

"A Wise Man sometimes changes his mind. A Fool never does." ~Anon

Thomas changed his mind willingly in the end, so that change went deeper. And the fact that he did change his mind meant that he was not a fool.

I have no problem with being characterized by you as a 'Doubting Thomas'. I would be alarmed if it were otherwise.

"Blessed are those that have not seen, but believed" Jesus Christ. Enough said for me.

The apostles couldn't even keep Jesus' last words on the cross straight, but yet you base a whole religion off the above three verses? :blink:

What are you talking about? Jesus put Peter, along with the Feed My LambsX3 discourse, as head of the Church Militant. Jesus CERTAINLY set up an AUTHORITY STRUCTURE. The Apostles created BISHOPS, "EVERYWHERE they went" Both lineages exist in the Catholic Church, the Papacy and TRUE Apostolic Succession. Only the ORTHODOX have retained the proper Apostolic Succession outside of the CC. The rest that had it toyed and severely altered it, Holy Orders, and have become invalid.

Guest BC Voice of Reason
What are you talking about? Jesus put Peter, along with the Feed My LambsX3 discourse, as head of the Church Militant. Jesus CERTAINLY set up an AUTHORITY STRUCTURE. The Apostles created BISHOPS, "EVERYWHERE they went" Both lineages exist in the Catholic Church, the Papacy and TRUE Apostolic Succession. Only the ORTHODOX have retained the proper Apostolic Succession outside of the CC. The rest that had it toyed and severely altered it, Holy Orders, and have become invalid.

So Jesus said there needs to be a pope, patriarchs, major archbishops, cardinals, primates, metropolitans, archbishops, diocesan bishops, minor bishops? That's funny, I don't remember reading that in the bible. Must be in one of those special catholic only books they tacked on at the end. Truthfully, I never read those.

So Jesus said there needs to be a pope,

Jesus chose the FIRST one, as I have already pointed out.

patriarchs, major archbishops, cardinals, primates, metropolitans, archbishops, diocesan bishops, minor bishops?

They are all BISHOPS. Yes, the Apostles chose bishops and those bishops chose other bishops and so on.

That's funny, I don't remember reading that in the bible.

Christianity DID NOT come from the BIBLE. WAKE UP. Everything the APOSTLES DID AND STARTED, OUTSIDE OF THE WRITTEN WORD, IS THE WORD OF GOD.

Must be in one of those special catholic only books they tacked on at the end. Truthfully, I never read those.

Evidently, you don't believe in the ENTIRE WORD OF GOD, like Catholics do. The bible was not put together UNTIL the 3rd and 4th centuries...So, would you be a Christian WITHOUT the bible? I would, the first Christians were!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Many people IGNORE what the Apostles did and started in terms of the FAITH outside of the written Word. They, in essence, IGNORE the COMPLETE Word of God. How sad. :angry:

It seems to me that any organization which claims a stangle hold on the truth, while simultaneously drowning any person or persons which have the temerity to question the infallability of a single human being (the pope) has some huge insecurities about itself.

I think it is one of the biggest insults to God when we do not use his greatest gift to us, our brains and ability to think critically.

The pope has only reinforced in my mind that the RC church is one of the few which have got it COMPLETELY WRONG!

As long as catholics rely on men in robes to forgive thier sins they completely miss the point of Christs crucifiction: His death and resurection opened the door for the 'common man' (and women), to approach the throne of God on their own without the aid of the ponderous beurocracy that is the RC church.

It is high time that world leaders cease the perpetuation and legitimization of the myth of the pope by visiting the den of iniquity that the Vatican is.

I tell the pope to sell some of the gold that gilds your earthly temples to feed the hungry and maybe you too, will find your self in heaven at the end of your days. We should take the lesson Christ himself gave us and overturn the tables of the money changers in Gods temple. To me the pope is the true king of only one group of people; the pedophiles.

By the way, the derogatory term would be Prod not Prot. It is an Irish Catholic (aka Green Irish) vs Prod (Orange Irish). It is meant to keep it straight on who should be killing whom.

That might be true in Ulster, "You make me sad", but 'prot' has world-wide currency among those bent on degrading non-Catholics, as is 'A Faithful Catholic'.

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source - Share This

Prod /prɒd/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[prod] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

–noun Chiefly Ulster Slang: Often Disparaging and Offensive.

a Protestant, esp. an Anglo-Irish Protestant.

[Origin: by shortening; d prob. reflects the voicing or flap characteristic of some Ulster accents]

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Prod

('Prod'): An offensive term common to Ireland referring to someone of the Protestant faith. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prod

As such isn't it too localized to be compelling here?

It seems to me that any organization which claims a stangle hold on the truth, while simultaneously drowning any person or persons which have the temerity to question the infallability of a single human being (the pope) has some huge insecurities about itself.

I think it is one of the biggest insults to God when we do not use his greatest gift to us, our brains and ability to think critically.

The pope has only reinforced in my mind that the RC church is one of the few which have got it COMPLETELY WRONG!

As long as catholics rely on men in robes to forgive their sins they completely miss the point of Christs crucifiction: His death and resurection opened the door for the 'common man' (and women), to approach the throne of God on their own without the aid of the ponderous beurocracy that is the RC church.

It is high time that world leaders cease the perpetuation and legitimization of the myth of the pope by visiting the den of iniquity that the Vatican is.

I tell the pope to sell some of the gold that gilds your earthly temples to feed the hungry and maybe you too, will find your self in heaven at the end of your days. We should take the lesson Christ himself gave us and overturn the tables of the money changers in Gods temple. To me the pope is the true king of only one group of people; the pedophiles.

Guest BC Voice of Reason
Jesus chose the FIRST one, as I have already pointed out.

They are all BISHOPS. Yes, the Apostles chose bishops and those bishops chose other bishops and so on.

Christianity DID NOT come from the BIBLE. WAKE UP. Everything the APOSTLES DID AND STARTED, OUTSIDE OF THE WRITTEN WORD, IS THE WORD OF GOD.

Evidently, you don't believe in the ENTIRE WORD OF GOD, like Catholics do. The bible was not put together UNTIL the 3rd and 4th centuries...So, would you be a Christian WITHOUT the bible? I would, the first Christians were!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Many people IGNORE what the Apostles did and started in terms of the FAITH outside of the written Word. They, in essence, IGNORE the COMPLETE Word of God. How sad. :angry:

So I guess it doesn't really matter then if they ignore part of it or all of it, if they can be Christians with or without it.

"Blessed are those that have not seen, but believed" Jesus Christ. Enough said for me.

Doesn't this reject the one responsibility that distinguishes us from all other creatures ... the responsibility to think?

And what about:

Closer to home, you have been urged by many of your equals to review your tactics and attitude toward those whose views don't entirely match yours. Which will you be, A Faithful Catholic ... that proverbial Wise Man? ... or the Fool?

You seem to have missed that.

Archived