Binghamton Has Many Reasons To Be Proud

Guest Guest

Guest Guest
Police: Man bolts from officers

Post Comment

A 22-year-old Binghamton man was in the Broome County Jail without bail after he was accused of bolting from a sheriff’s deputy attempting to arrest him following a traffic stop Monday.

Farrahd J. Singleton was stopped by Deputy Thomas Senko at South Chenango and West Lockwood streets, Binghamton, because a driver’s rearview mirror was obstructed, police said. When the deputy tried to handcuff Singleton after a radio check revealed he was a parole violator, Singleton bolted down Cary Street and deputies called in a tracking dog, according to the report. Before the dog could track Singleton, he walked from behind a house and surrendered.

Another of Binghamton's fine new young people............probably voted for Lea Webb

Maybe when he gets out of jail, he'll open a Hip Hop Fashions where Coffee Talk used to be, and join the mutitude of young, hip entrepeneurs who are revitalizing downtown Bing.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest
Ed, of course some businesses are not going to make it.. that's the name of the game. Not every one of them is going to be successful for various reasons. I'll give you Bing Wings and Junk to Funk, but I won't give you La Loba at the corner of Washington and Hawley because that was there for years. You can't use Clinton St. because that's debatable to be considered Downtown Binghamton. It's across the river and in the First Ward.

So I gave you 24 new businesses and you gave me three that closed more than two years ago. Nice try.

Add Anthony's to the closure list. I owuld have thogh Ari Meisel's loft residents would have been flocking to Anthony's.................

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Allison
Maybe when he gets out of jail, he'll open a Hip Hop Fashions where Coffee Talk used to be, and join the mutitude of young, hip entrepeneurs who are revitalizing downtown Bing.

How about you stop being so high and mighty about yourself and realize that people make mistakes and make bad choices and stop judging them.

Guest Guest
How about you stop being so high and mighty about yourself and realize that people make mistakes and make bad choices and stop judging them.

Crimes are now "bad choices" and "mistakes".

Wonderful.

If I burgle your house, I guess I've just made a "mistake". If I drive drunk and kill your Mom........oops, my bad.

This jackhole was a parole violator on top of a repeat offender.

You are a dolt.

Guest Your Mom
Crimes are now "bad choices" and "mistakes".

Wonderful.

If I burgle your house, I guess I've just made a "mistake". If I drive drunk and kill your Mom........oops, my bad.

This jackhole was a parole violator on top of a repeat offender.

You are a dolt.

Well thanks... and you are just an DELETED.

Guest Guest

Since this thread was started the people that run the census state that the Binghamton area has lost 20 people.They also stated that the progression is slowing down. Now they say that is figured by taking the number of people leaving versus the number of new people moving to Broome.So obviously if we have established business owners capping newcomers to the area to protect their turf the progression is going to return to the high rate it was.With a small number like one a day it doesn't take much to skew the rate and because of that death in March we'll have a number higher than one per day leaving the area. Remember there is nothing to be proud of staying in the top 40 counties in population loss.

@

Guest Guest

I'm getting images of a post apocalypse ghost town like that new Will Smith movie. That would be great! I want to be the leader of the zombies though.

@

Guest Guest
Lifelong residents should be the ones to leave? Are you nuts? It's the scum moving into this area that's ruining it. You should spend sometime researching the destruction of Detroit.

It's very well documented on the Internet. It even has photos of before and after the blacks. Blacks do not share the same propensity for civilization as the rest of us. When they were discovered in Africa by Whites, blacks had not domesticated one animal, cultivated one crop, built any definable technology or developed one tool beyond the stone age. They are unique among modern human civilizations in that they gained every single innovation of civilization from others. And they have great trouble maintaining almost all the elements of civilization without intense support from others. The reason should be obvious but political correctness prevents it from becoming conscious. Wherever blacks live, there is inhumanity in direct proportion to their numbers and/or the power they have. Further, a shift in their power or numbers, shifts the level of inhumanity present. Seen mostly in Africa and in certain communities in the western world, this phenomenon is both reliable (few to no exceptions) and disturbing (the intensity of the inhuman behavior is vile and tough for humans to comprehend). Blacks are not human because they always act inhumanely.....when they can get away with it.

I honestly cannot believe someone thinks this way for real. To call black people "they".... we are all "they"... we're all human, whether we're black, white, indian, whatever! You are what is wrong with Binghamton. Small Town, ignorant minded people who prefer to live in their hopeless little world. I moved back to Binghamton - for family - and am working on leaving again. My husband and I are educated, hard working successful professionals. Binghamton hold no future for us - and certainly not for the children we plan to have. families just like mine are fleeing the area. The ones who can't afford to move because they need their 2 minimum wage cashier jobs to keep paying NYSEG are the ones who stay because they have no choice. Soon, Binghamton will crumble. It has already fallen, it's just a matter of time before it is done. But you, Mr. Ignorance, are who will remain. I am honestly disgusted at what you said. SHAME on you for your mindless thinking. It amazes me that there are still people who think this way. Get an education, and experience other parts of the world....open your mind rather than fill it with hate.

Guest Guest
I honestly cannot believe someone thinks this way for real. To call black people "they".... we are all "they"... we're all human, whether we're black, white, indian, whatever! You are what is wrong with Binghamton. Small Town, ignorant minded people who prefer to live in their hopeless little world. I moved back to Binghamton - for family - and am working on leaving again. My husband and I are educated, hard working successful professionals. Binghamton hold no future for us - and certainly not for the children we plan to have. families just like mine are fleeing the area. The ones who can't afford to move because they need their 2 minimum wage cashier jobs to keep paying NYSEG are the ones who stay because they have no choice. Soon, Binghamton will crumble. It has already fallen, it's just a matter of time before it is done. But you, Mr. Ignorance, are who will remain. I am honestly disgusted at what you said. SHAME on you for your mindless thinking. It amazes me that there are still people who think this way. Get an education, and experience other parts of the world....open your mind rather than fill it with hate.

I agree. Who does that poster think he is some Black Minister?

What gives him the right to talk like a Black Leader? The nerve of some some.

@

Archived