Binghamton Has Many Reasons To Be Proud

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

The weather in Johnson City is much better too. Its further away from New York City by 30 seconds! And there's one heck of alot more to do in Johnson City on the entertainment side of things. My favorite thing to do is stand at the Johnson City arch and throw eggs down Main St. into Binghamton! That'll fix that mayor and all his crooked cronies. Sometimes if they see me, I pull down my pants, turn around and bend over - shooting them the moon! Ha! good times in JC.

Then I go down to the Endicott arch and do the same thing to those foreigners.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Johnson City. there they have no problems, they have a thriving community. The mayor is impeccable in his politics and decision making. Also, there you will have the opportunity to live in close proximity to quasi-royalty such as the Kradjians and Ed. Farewell, send a post-card from the land of plenty and pray for us lowly people who will never have the opportunity to experience such abundance and beauty as those who live in JC experience everyday. If you see Ed ask him to sign an autograph, will ya?

On that long list of amazing accomplishments (Bingo is demolishing stuff too, whoopeeee) Edmond dear, you forgot to mention all the vacant store fronts, and the small businesses that closed recently. But since you are so fixated on Ryan, and therefore Binghamton, you just will never mention that, will you? BTW: your bosses that give you little jobs here and there? they have had vacant storefronts since well before the mayoral election. And with Mrs. Kradjian knowing sooo many people in the Fortune 500 list, how come she didn't get investors? If you answer this you can't blame it on Ryan. Those properties on front St. have been an eyesore for the longest time, with the facades painted only during election time. Pfffff

I posted this on the thread about Quizno's and thought it would be appropriate here too.

Below are new businesses in Downtown Binghamton that opened up in the last year.

Binghamton does have many reasons to be proud:

Court St.

Chemung Canal Trust Bank

L'aveggio Roasteria & Espresso Bar

SEFCU, credit union

Visons Credit Union, Metro Center

Mirabito Fuel Group which employed at least 85 new people in the Metro Center

Marilyn's Bake Shop

The Pirate's Chest Gift Shop

Karma Cafe

Washington St.

M.Y. Boutique ,men's and women's clothing

Cafe Oasis

Shop selling custom made interior drapes, curtains, etc. (can't remember the name of it)

Henry St.

The Mad Moose bar and now serving food

Water St.

The Dance Academy

State St.

The Night Eagle Nightclub

The Box Factory Gallery

A few other galleries on same strip. (Can't remember their names)

Dillinger's, bar and restaurant, made a beautiful renovation to their property.

New law firm between Liquid and HSBC Bank.

What's coming....

Court St.

The new business Incubator

The New Argo Restaurant

On the Town- dress boutique.

Gas Lamp Gym

New French restaurant in the Kilmer Building

That's 24 new businesses in little downtown Binghamton in only one year's time. I'd say that's progress!

Guest Guest
I posted this on the thread about Quizno's and thought it would be appropriate here too.

Below are new businesses in Downtown Binghamton that opened up in the last year:

Court St.

Chemung Canal Trust Bank

L'aveggio Roasteria & Espresso Bar

SEFCU, credit union

Marilyn's Bake Shop

The Pirate's Chest Gift Shop

Karma Cafe

Washington St.

M.Y. Boutique ,men's and women's clothing

Cafe Oasis

Water St.

The Dance Academy

State St.

The Night Eagle Nightclub

The Box Factory Gallery

A few other galleries on same strip. (Can't remember their names)

Dillinger's, bar and restaurant, made a beautiful renovation to their property.

New law firm between Liquid and HSBC Bank.

What's coming....

Court St.

The new business Incubator

The New Argo Restaurant

On the Town- dress boutique.

Gas Lamp Gym

The goldsmith just moved to the Kilmer building and I hear its fabulous.

That's right! A few businesses have moved, but chose to stay in the downtown:

Goldsmith

Imagicka

The Art Misson

Pepe's Pizza

Smith Barney Bank

AVRE

Zazou changed to DC Dunsters Restaurant under original ownership

Frog and toad in clinton street. Some new stuff in the southside too.

Guest Guest

Let us not forget what a terrible dive the entire city is. Let's get a grant to have a grant writing department. Then we can get more grants. Everybody knows grants grow on trees. Then with the grants we get we can plant some more grants and pretty soon, we won't need to collect taxes anymore cause we'll have so many grants!

Guest Guest

Half those places or more moved from one street to another and left an empty store in thier place. (e.g. Pirates chest, how long do you think that wil last? Or a small clothing bnoutique? They open and close too fast to even be listed din the phone book!))

Look at the type of busineses as well, small, one or two employee shops, almost no money invested in the space.

In JC we are talking about brand spanking new buildings and millions, millions of dollar of investment, not mom & pop shops. Places emloying dozens in nt hundrd of people. Even a manufacturing concern opened.

Take a guess where the biggest private investment in the City of Binghamton is being made right now? Go ahead.

Let us not forget what a terrible dive the entire city is. Let's get a grant to have a grant writing department. Then we can get more grants. Everybody knows grants grow on trees. Then with the grants we get we can plant some more grants and pretty soon, we won't need to collect taxes anymore cause we'll have so many grants!

And let us not be such a grump. Try to focus on the positive for 30 seconds, will ya? Then you can go back to your brooding.

Half those places or more moved from one street to another and left an empty store in thier place. (e.g. Pirates chest, how long do you think that wil last? Or a small clothing bnoutique? They open and close too fast to even be listed din the phone book!))

DELETED! I just listed the stores that moved on a separate list and they are not all empty storefronts. Other businesses have moved in them. I'm one step ahead of you buddy. Can I assume this is Ed the Naysayer I am talking to?

As for your other predictions, who cares what you think about how long businesses will last. At least they are working on something instead of just complaining and beating up everything they don't like, which is what you do every waking moment of your life.

By the way, name a business that opened and closed so fast it couldn't even be listed in the phone book. I'd like to know if you are exaggerating the facts once again.

Guest Guest
And let us not be such a grump. Try to focus on the positive for 30 seconds, will ya? Then you can go back to your brooding.

positives... hmmm.. ok... I think its great that reasonably intelligent adults spend so much time arguing trivial matters between two cities that are an eggs throw away from eachother. I wish I could wave a wand and rechannel that resource into creative constructive brainstorming toward pulling the entire valley out of the mess its in.

Guest Guest
DELETED!

By the way, name a business that opened and closed so fast it couldn't even be listed in the phone book. I'd like to know if you are exaggerating the facts once again.

Sure thing.

How about that used clothing and furniture "boutique" on Washington Street between Hawley and Court?

How about that phone store on Clinton?

How about that BingWing location on the north side of Court and Washington. How many places have popped in and out of there in the last two or three years?

How about that place at the corner of Washington and Hawley beside the Garland Gallery?

Guest Guest
How about that phone store on Clinton?

How about that BingWing location on the north side of Court and Washington. How many places have popped in and out of there in the last two or three years?

How about the old Pudgies Pizza on Clinton? How many times has that opened or "almost" opened?

That Bingwing place....the old Mediterranean Restaurant.....that's been at least five different places the last 3 years.....and a few more that never opened.

Downtown is looking like downtown Wilkes Barre. The one time I accidentally drove there I was actually scared, and it was broad daylight, middle of a Saturday afternoon.

It was a cross between a full blown ghetto and a ghost town. It was so bad, my second thought was "Maybe someone is shooting a movie here and they made a ghetto full sized movie set."

. . . . Pirate's Chest, how long do you think that will last?

You might not have noticed, but they have expanded already and now have a cafe in there, as well.

. . . .Henry St.

The Mad Moose bar and now serving food

In your "what's coming" you forgot the new Manley's Mighty Mart being planned for that old Bing Wings location.

But, what I don't understand is, over on Henry Street, why is the Moose mad?

So, Cat's Eye how many places do you need that opened and closed before they made the phone book???

Ed, of course some businesses are not going to make it.. that's the name of the game. Not every one of them is going to be successful for various reasons. I'll give you Bing Wings and Junk to Funk, but I won't give you La Loba at the corner of Washington and Hawley because that was there for years. You can't use Clinton St. because that's debatable to be considered Downtown Binghamton. It's across the river and in the First Ward.

So I gave you 24 new businesses and you gave me three that closed more than two years ago. Nice try.

Just curious, what's The Pirate Chest, and where exactly is it on Court St?

Thanks.

It's a gift shop with a new section in the front portion being used as a cafe. Good coffee too!

Some of the items sold are mostly hand made items like soaps, art, clothing, essential oils, incense, etc. They even have soy candles, something I've been looking for. Soy candles burn clean air and last 10 times longer than wax candles.

Pirate's Chest is a hodge podge of a place, but it's interesting and the owner is always developing it.

Guest Guest

Let's all be honest.

Downtown is littered with a hgost of empty promises, and a series "flash in the pan" store openings that are announced with great hoopla only to close very quietly weeks or months later.

Plywood distributors and window replacement companies are the only beneficiaries.

Guest Guest

Binghamton {and all the other non-towns that surround it} is not all bad. One of the things I have noticed is how much sympathy I get when I tell people I live in this area. "Depressong" is how it is described by just about everyone who has driven through here. They ask if it is as depressing as it looks from 17 {81}. There are two exceptions. People from Cortland and Scranton do not give lots of sympathy cause they want it from me. I have never met anyone ever who, when hearing the word Binghamton follows it with some compliment or idea that they too would like to live there. OAhh, what a beautiful area, I wish I lived there! Not. Pitssville Dump of all dumps, back woods economic cesspool, toilet, where your home investment yields nothing but more poverty. Yeah, I have heard all those. I wonder way cause its such a nice place to live. i am so confused.

Guest Guest
Binghamton {and all the other non-towns that surround it} is not all bad. One of the things I have noticed is how much sympathy I get when I tell people I live in this area. "Depressong" is how it is described by just about everyone who has driven through here. They ask if it is as depressing as it looks from 17 {81}. There are two exceptions. People from Cortland and Scranton do not give lots of sympathy cause they want it from me. I have never met anyone ever who, when hearing the word Binghamton follows it with some compliment or idea that they too would like to live there. OAhh, what a beautiful area, I wish I lived there! Not. Pitssville Dump of all dumps, back woods economic cesspool, toilet, where your home investment yields nothing but more poverty. Yeah, I have heard all those. I wonder way cause its such a nice place to live. i am so confused.

You are so stupid.

Guest Guest
This sort of thing is what I'm proud of:

http://www.pressconnects.com/apps/pbcs.dll...NEWS01/80305010

Police: Man bolts from officers

Post Comment

A 22-year-old Binghamton man was in the Broome County Jail without bail after he was accused of bolting from a sheriff’s deputy attempting to arrest him following a traffic stop Monday.

Farrahd J. Singleton was stopped by Deputy Thomas Senko at South Chenango and West Lockwood streets, Binghamton, because a driver’s rearview mirror was obstructed, police said. When the deputy tried to handcuff Singleton after a radio check revealed he was a parole violator, Singleton bolted down Cary Street and deputies called in a tracking dog, according to the report. Before the dog could track Singleton, he walked from behind a house and surrendered.

Another of Binghamton's fine new young people............probably voted for Lea Webb

Archived