CIty of Binghamton Garbage Bags

Guest Fed up

Is anyone else as sick of the crap city bags we are forced to buy? They are absolute JUNK!. I don't even over fill them and every one of them rip and tear. The worst part is the handles; you can't tie the stupid things because they will rip out every time.

I don't even mind the system Binghamton has in place; it distributes waste cost more based on actual usage per household. It also promotes recycling. However, they should be able to provide a quality bag for the price that is paid.

I have been considering using Taylor or Adams just so I don't have to deal with the stupid green bags. I know a couple people within the city that do this and they find the small extra cost much worth their while to save them the aggravation.

Is anyone else as sick of the crap city bags we are forced to buy? They are absolute JUNK!. I don't even over fill them and every one of them rip and tear. The worst part is the handles; you can't tie the stupid things because they will rip out every time.

I don't even mind the system Binghamton has in place; it distributes waste cost more based on actual usage per household. It also promotes recycling. However, they should be able to provide a quality bag for the price that is paid.

I have been considering using Taylor or Adams just so I don't have to deal with the stupid green bags. I know a couple people within the city that do this and they find the small extra cost much worth their while to save them the aggravation.

We have the same problem with the bags. And then you have the people who will never buy a bag and fill their basement or throw garbage where ever they can.

Guest Guest

I hear people complain about the bags from time to time.

I never have a problem with them tearing.

But then I'm not putting large, sharp objects in them like refrigerators.

Remember the old yellow ones? They were truly horrible. They used to break apart at the seams whenever you filled them up.

Awful.

The package of med bags I have right now is defective, in that the pull ties at the top don't work, so I have to twist tie them...it's a pain, yes, but I didn't feel like taking them back.

Usually, I don't have problems w/ them, though.

They are thin, but since they're inside a garbage can, it's not a big deal.

Guest Guest
The package of med bags I have right now is defective, in that the pull ties at the top don't work, so I have to twist tie them...it's a pain, yes, but I didn't feel like taking them back.

Usually, I don't have problems w/ them, though.

They are thin, but since they're inside a garbage can, it's not a big deal.

The pull ties on bags I have also don't work. You give a little tug and the whole tie rips out of the top of the bag. I put the bags in my can to line it and use kitchen bags in the house, so my city bags are filled with kitchen bags - so if the city bag rips the only thing that falls out is other bags.

The pull ties on bags I have also don't work. You give a little tug and the whole tie rips out of the top of the bag. I put the bags in my can to line it and use kitchen bags in the house, so my city bags are filled with kitchen bags - so if the city bag rips the only thing that falls out is other bags.

That's it!

Guest Guest

They're nothing but an ADDITIONAL TAX!

Forget the BS aout how it increases recycling and is good for the environment...one has nothing to do with the other.

It's nothing but a money-grabbing gouging of taxpayers and residents.

City taxpayers pay some of the highest combined taxes in the nation...if you remember, your garbage used to be picked up 2 days per week with a third day for trash and yard waste....now they reduced it to one day per week and they nickel and dime you with those idiotic green bags.

Pay more...get less....it's the Binghamton way!

Guest Trump

Forget the BS aout how it increases recycling and is good for the environment...one has nothing to do with the other.

City taxpayers pay some of the highest combined taxes in the nation...if you remember, your garbage used to be picked up 2 days per week with a third day for trash and yard waste....now they reduced it to one day per week and they nickel and dime you with those idiotic green bags.

Well said.

Guest Guest

One way or another you have to pay for garbage bags. If you are like the rest of us who don't live in the city, you buy trash bags plus pay a hefty pick up fee. Find something else to complain about.

Guest Trump
One way or another you have to pay for garbage bags. If you are like the rest of us who don't live in the city, you buy trash bags plus pay a hefty pick up fee. Find something else to complain about.

A pack of 40 for .99 at the Dollar Tree...

Guest mememe

I am continuously having trouble with the bags. You have no choice but to place a hefty bag inside of the green bag. When I pick the bag up my fingers go right through the green bag. They definitely could make them a bit stronger quality. Carrying them from a second floor apartment to the curb, I am always afraid they will break open before I get to the curb.

I've never had a bag or tie rip.

Most places that don't have the bags, have a pick up fee. I'd rather pay by the bag than a flat rate pick up fee. I reduce what goes into my bags by being diligent on recycling. The more that goes in my bin, the less I have to bag.

As for the City only picking up garbage one time each week - I've never lived anyplace where garbage was picked up more than once a week.

I think it is a pretty fair system.

Guest Guest
I've never had a bag or tie rip.

Most places that don't have the bags, have a pick up fee. I'd rather pay by the bag than a flat rate pick up fee. I reduce what goes into my bags by being diligent on recycling. The more that goes in my bin, the less I have to bag.

As for the City only picking up garbage one time each week - I've never lived anyplace where garbage was picked up more than once a week.

I think it is a pretty fair system.

I used to live in a place where garbage was picked up more than once a week...it was called Binghamton.....before the politicians decided to rip taxpayers off even more with the green bags.

Guest Maxwell Smart

Any wonder why Bingo-town population will soon be under 40,000 people.........."refuse removal", i.e. garbage pickup, had always been part of the ESSENTIAL SERVICES of the real estate tax base........I sure made the right move when I left up there 5 years ago.........65 here today, 72 yesterday! Have a nice day!

I used to live in a place where garbage was picked up more than once a week...it was called Binghamton.....before the politicians decided to rip taxpayers off even more with the green bags.

I would think that the waste of taxpayers money would be picking up multiple days. That would require more crews (more salaries), more trucks, more gas etc.

Archived