Bars of Johnson City

Guest Buster Mathis

Guest Buster Mathis

Billos,Lochinvar,Hi-Ball,Waldorf, (Office,TGIF,Headquarters), (Blue Haven, Giblins') Trot Line(it was something before that), (Andya Bar &Grill, Harenzas Beer Run), Westover Bar&Grill, City Line, Proc's, Halecki's, Dutchess,)Muskas, El Cholo's Delgartos), Bojacks, Harry L'Pub) Oasis,(Charley's, Gallaghers Steak House), (Daniels and Caccitories) the bar on Oakdale Rd. which I hate! Connely's and the bar across the strret I can't think of.., oh yeah, The Wagon Wheel but it was something before that,(Curleys , Pacers) the Stag,( Pat's Bar &Grill , Rockey Racoons, CIV) The Stein (The Grand View, Music Box. Amsterdam) (Lou's, Cosmo's), (Bert's Darp's, Sidelines) Panchos Red's Kettle Inn, (Laskoskis, Satyrday Dan's, Danny's, Gallagers, Mac's, CFJ Pub), (Kolly's, Lubners, Lighthouse) Village INN, ( JC Steak House, Fians, Manleys) (Fraankies, Zopps 11, (Zopps West, Blind Tiger Pub) I think that covers the most....., Help me out?

Guest Guest

Bojacks became Mike's Tavern then became The Harry L Pub.

I think Mike's Tavern was omitted in the original post.

Otherwise that list looks pretty thorough.

Billos,Lochinvar,Hi-Ball,Waldorf, (Office,TGIF,Headquarters), (Blue Haven, Giblins') Trot Line(it was something before that), (Andya Bar &Grill, Harenzas Beer Run), Westover Bar&Grill, City Line, Proc's, Halecki's, Dutchess,)Muskas, El Cholo's Delgartos), Bojacks, Harry L'Pub) Oasis,(Charley's, Gallaghers Steak House), (Daniels and Caccitories) the bar on Oakdale Rd. which I hate! Connely's and the bar across the strret I can't think of.., oh yeah, The Wagon Wheel but it was something before that,(Curleys , Pacers) the Stag,( Pat's Bar &Grill , Rockey Racoons, CIV) The Stein (The Grand View, Music Box. Amsterdam) (Lou's, Cosmo's), (Bert's Darp's, Sidelines) Panchos Red's Kettle Inn, (Laskoskis, Satyrday Dan's, Danny's, Gallagers, Mac's, CFJ Pub), (Kolly's, Lubners, Lighthouse) Village INN, ( JC Steak House, Fians, Manleys) (Fraankies, Zopps 11, (Zopps West, Blind Tiger Pub) I think that covers the most....., Help me out?
TGIF was the orignal name of The headquarters.

There's not enough of them, you need more. More bars equals more crime, that's what JC really needs :huh:

Guest Buster Mathis

Little Mexico became the Happy Hour, Reno's, Brewery and the Trotline used to be the Dipsey or Nipsey Doodle which happened to be Where the Pepperm't Lounge, Tunney's and where Off the Wagon used to be which I called previously The Wagon Wheel

Guest Buster Mathis
TGIF was the orignal name of The headquarters.
No , the Office was the original name owned by McCabe and Fancher than it was TGIF which was owned by some jerk I think his name was Dennis, then back to the Office than the HQ.

Guest Buster Mathis

I honestly believed I've gotten tanked at about if not more than 90% of these bars and got shut -off at least 85%.., what a trip!

Guest east side guest

What a list! And that doesn't even include the VFW, social club at St john's, KofC, Legion... What a difference in the makup of JC without the factory workers that supported all these establishments!

Guest IDGAF
wasn't there a bar off of main st called Harendza's?

There was a family by that name.......most of whom had a seat in a bar somewhere most of the time

I remember a place on the corner of Harry L and, well, a sidestreet I don't remember right now, called "The Same Place". I used to tell the wife(the one from that decade) that I always go to the same place every night. I go here, there, geez, I go to the same place every night, what's wrong with that? <sigh> she lasted 4 years, not sure how long the bar kept the name.

Little Mexico became the Happy Hour, Reno's, Brewery and the Trotline used to be the Dipsey or Nipsey Doodle which happened to be Where the Pepperm't Lounge, Tunney's and where Off the Wagon used to be which I called previously The Wagon Wheel

Now Reno's is a church. How's that for Poetic Justice? From a Bowling Alley, Pool Hall, Bar to a church. What's this world coming to?

Archived