Lamb Of God

Hunter

I have made a custom of fixing lamb for Easter.

This year I hit on a new recipe:

Marinate leg of lamb (mine was a 4 lb. half) overnight in:

Red Wine, Fresh Mint, Chopped Shallots, Anise Seeds, Thyme, Ground Pepper, & Salt

Cook slow (several hours) starting at 350, lower to 300/275 after about 45 min. cover part way through.

Served with:

Brown Rice flavored with Butter, Anise, & Ground Pepper.

Asperagas marinated in Fresh Lemon Juice, Thyme, & Ground Pepper.

And Pita, Lavash, or other unlevened bread.

Final touch; Old Vine Zinfandel.

Guest Guest
I have made a custom of fixing lamb for Easter.

This year I hit on a new recipe:

Marinate leg of lamb (mine was a 4 lb. half) overnight in:

Red Wine, Fresh Mint, Chopped Shallots, Anise Seeds, Thyme, Ground Pepper, & Salt

Cook slow (several hours) starting at 350, lower to 300/275 after about 45 min. cover part way through.

Served with:

Brown Rice flavored with Butter, Anise, & Ground Pepper.

Asperagas marinated in Fresh Lemon Juice, Thyme, & Ground Pepper.

And Pita, Lavash, or other unlevened bread.

Final touch; Old Vine Zinfandel.

LOL I thought this was about the metal band

lambOfGod.jpg

Yikes, Gee Hunter I thought this was more blasphemy from AFC when I first read the thread title. Then I read It was you and breathed a sigh of relief! Then I read what you posted and now I'm hungry. :lol:

Guest Metal Mofo

Ha! I thought the same thing as well, but when I saw that Hunter was the topic starter, I figured it was about some Easter bullsh1t. I can't imagine Hunter rocking out to Ashes of the Wake and saying something like "Shit, Mark Morton & Willie Adler really rip shit up on guitar!".

Guest Guest

Lamb of God - The Messiah

The Messiah is called the "Lamb of God" throughout the Bible's New Testament. This may seem a peculiar label to those who aren't familiar with biblical idioms, but to those who know their Bible, it is a cherished title for the beloved Messiah, Jesus Christ.

Lamb of God - Biblical Roots

Prophetic pictures and references to the coming Lamb of God are scattered throughout the Bible's Old Testament. Indeed, many Bible scholars believe that the entire Bible (66 books written by 40 authors over a period of approximately 1,600 years) tells the story of Jesus Christ. Every story, every genealogy, every number, every page, every detail speaks of our Lord and Savior. In the first book of the Bible, Genesis, we find one of the better-known prophecies of the coming Lamb of God. In Genesis 22, God commands Abraham to offer his beloved son Isaac as a sacrifice. God is not endorsing child sacrifice among men -- He is foretelling His Child sacrifice for men. Abraham is obedient to God, not willing to keep anything from God, even his beloved son. This was a test for Abraham and a testimony to the world. On the way to the altar, Isaac asks his dad, "Look, the fire and the wood, but where is the lamb for a burnt offering?" In response, Abraham prophesied, "My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together" (Genesis 22:7-8).

Lamb of God - The Messiah

The Messiah is called the "Lamb of God" throughout the Bible's New Testament. This may seem a peculiar label to those who aren't familiar with biblical idioms, but to those who know their Bible, it is a cherished title for the beloved Messiah, Jesus Christ.

Lamb of God - Biblical Roots

Prophetic pictures and references to the coming Lamb of God are scattered throughout the Bible's Old Testament. Indeed, many Bible scholars believe that the entire Bible (66 books written by 40 authors over a period of approximately 1,600 years) tells the story of Jesus Christ. Every story, every genealogy, every number, every page, every detail speaks of our Lord and Savior. In the first book of the Bible, Genesis, we find one of the better-known prophecies of the coming Lamb of God. In Genesis 22, God commands Abraham to offer his beloved son Isaac as a sacrifice. God is not endorsing child sacrifice among men -- He is foretelling His Child sacrifice for men. Abraham is obedient to God, not willing to keep anything from God, even his beloved son. This was a test for Abraham and a testimony to the world. On the way to the altar, Isaac asks his dad, "Look, the fire and the wood, but where is the lamb for a burnt offering?" In response, Abraham prophesied, "My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together" (Genesis 22:7-8).

Great post!

During the Mass, at the Breaking of the Body of the Lord:

Lamb of God you take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us.

Lamb of God you take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us.

Lamb of God you take away the sins of the world, grant us peace.

Sounds great, Hunter...BTW, I made a kicked up version of your Black Bean Soup tonight.

Delish!!!

I'm really glad that you liked it. It is more filling to me than most soups. Let me know how you kicked it up a notch if you don't mind.

See that Hunter, can't even put a recipe on the darn boad without AFC hijacking the thread and turning it into religion.

Yeah, and the sad part is the fact that he made both posts and responded to himself. The Pope has got to be very sad about AFC's tactics and his continuing crusade to destroy what is left of the Catholic Church. Pun intended...............somewhat.

I'm really glad that you liked it. It is more filling to me than most soups. Let me know how you kicked it up a notch if you don't mind.

Of course not, especially since I was working off your recipe!!! ;)

1/2 sweet onion, chopped

1 stalk celery, chopped

1 carrot, 1/4'd and chopped

1 tbs minced garlic

Saute above in olive oil till softened. I also added a glug of sherry, and reduced it.

1 tsp each: ground cumin, coriander, and chili powder

1/2 tsp oregano

1 c salsa (I used Pace medium)

2 cans chicken stock

2 cans Black Beans, including liquid

1/3 c raw rice

couple dashes of worcestershire and tabasco chipotle sauces

Kosher salt and cracked black pepper to taste

After the vegetables were softened, I added the remaining ingredients, covered, and simmered about 1/2 hr. Then, used a potato masher a bit to mash the beans and thicken, and continued to cook another 1/2 hr, then removed cover, and cooked another 15-20 min, again, to thicken.

Served w/ sour cream, minced sweet onion, pickled jalapenos, and tortilla chips.

Yum!!!

1/2 sweet onion, chopped

1 stalk celery, chopped

1 tbs minced garlic

Saute above in olive oil till softened. I also added a glug of sherry, and reduced it.

1/2 tsp oregano

2 cans chicken stock

1/3 c raw rice

After the vegetables were softened, I added the remaining ingredients, covered, and simmered about 1/2 hr. Then, used a potato masher a bit to mash the beans and thicken, and continued to cook another 1/2 hr, then removed cover, and cooked another 15-20 min, again, to thicken.

Served w/ sour cream, minced sweet onion, pickled jalapenos, and tortilla chips.

Yum!!!

YUM! Thanks for sharing!

I'll second the Yum and thanks for the receipe. Sounds like a great soup to make for this coming weekend, especially if its going to be as nasty as they are predicting. Of course, with my huge family, I'll have to double the pot.

1/2 sweet onion, chopped

1 stalk celery, chopped

1 tbs minced garlic

1/2 tsp oregano

2 cans chicken stock

1/3 c raw rice

Yum!!!

Thanks a lot girl!!!!!!

Archived