On the way to the Home Show

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

On the way to the Home Show at the Broome County Veteran's Memorial Arena this weekend did you see this little monument to Binghamton's "vitality" and urban growth? If you didn't see it all day Saturday, don't worry the garbage will sit there all weekend, you can see it all day Sunday, unless it falls apart in the rain or SUNY students kick it around tonight. If you can't get downtown this weekend, again, don't worry there is a pile in the same place every weekend. It is now a landmark:

4741548223a2df21227eaed5ce169f77e2640d8ebbf4227051e3ee80710f3af622cb7992.jpg

Isn't it nice that all the many visitors here in town for the America East B-Ball tournament at SUNY get to see this every time they step out of their Holiday Inn hotel?

I looked around I didn't see anybody on the streets using the new muni wifi sytem.

Guest Guest

Oh, good news, the pile of garbage on Hawley Street at the Parlor Commons no longer has to be alone. Another pile of garbage has joined it at the corner of Hawley and State. Be careful not to trip over it as you head to the Arena:

69830052ba0c5b516e9168d55e282cd810d6704c3f38bd354967de7ee3cd8bc64f760e0f.jpg

Guest Guest
Do you have a point to go along with these tirades?

Absolutely, I have a point.

Before launching a $100,000 wifi boondoggle because you think it will bring people downtown,

Before spending another $1,600,000 on a Riverwalk extension because you think it will bring people downtown,

Before raising the Gay Pride Flag because you think it will bring people downtown,

Before spending $2,000,000 or more of City money and $2,000,000 of federal money for who knows why because it will do just the opposite of keeping people downtown,

Before presiding over parade after parade and pub crawl after pub crawl,

Before forming four new committees because you have no clue how to do the job you were elected for...

PICK UP THE GARBAGE.

THAT WILL BRING PEOPLE DOWNTOWN.

How can you attempt to convince people you can solve complex issues when you cannot even keep the sidewalk across the street from your office, City Hall for God's sake, clean for the weekend?

Before launching a $100,000 wifi boondoggle because you think it will bring people downtown,

Before spending another $1,600,000 on a Riverwalk extension because you think it will bring people downtown,

Before raising the Gay Pride Flag because you think it will bring people downtown,

Before spending $2,000,000 or more of City money and $2,000,000 of federal money for who knows why because it will do just the opposite of keeping people downtown,

Before forming four new committees because you have no clue how to do the job you were elected for...

PICK UP THE GARBAGE.

How can you attempt to convince people you can solve complex issues when you cannot even keep the sidewalk across the street from your office, City Hall for God's sake, clean for the weekend?

Valid Point - across the board

Don't you think it's the people who put the garbage out when they know there is no pickup on the weekend are to blame? If I put my garbage out on a friday when my pickup isn't until tuesday it would be my fault not the city's correct?

Don't you think it's the people who put the garbage out when they know there is no pickup on the weekend are to blame? If I put my garbage out on a friday when my pickup isn't until tuesday it would be my fault not the city's correct?

Very true. So then the question is, why does the City allow this and not put a stop to it. It's not like they have no idea'r who's doing it. And it has been a "HOT TOPIC" for some time now.

Sooo....

Guest Guest
On the way to the Home Show at the Broome County Veteran's Memorial Arena this weekend did you see this little monument to Binghamton's "vitality" and urban growth? If you didn't see it all day Saturday, don't worry the garbage will sit there all weekend, you can see it all day Sunday, unless it falls apart in the rain or SUNY students kick it around tonight. If you can't get downtown this weekend, again, don't worry there is a pile in the same place every weekend. It is now a landmark:

Isn't it nice that all the many visitors here in town for the America East B-Ball tournament at SUNY get to see this every time they step out of their Holiday Inn hotel?

I looked around I didn't see anybody on the streets using the new muni wifi sytem.

Is that Matt curled up in there, sleeping it off after a Saturday Night of holding important citizens meetings in the State Stret bars?

Thanks for the update, Ed.

PICK UP THE GARBAGE.

I applaud you

Guest Guest

Thx,.

I forgot a few words in one of the phrases earlier:

"Before spending $2,000,000 or more of City money and $2,000,000 of federal money on a Court Street ROUNDABOUT for who knows why because it will do just the opposite of keeping people downtown,"

Guest Guest

Don't tell me we have to go back to square one with this whole topic again.

Yes, it is the fault of the people who put the garbage out.

The point is that the city does nothing to penalize people or businesses when they do that, which is what the city is supposed to do.

Do the words "Garbage summit" mean anything to you?

Guest Guest
people need to learn when to put the trash out.....it is not the city's fault.... its all the bar owners on state street who cant read.

Once again.....Do the words "Garbage summit" mean anything to you?

The Mayor and all those businesses had this discussion. They know when they're supposed to put their garbage out. They continue to not follow the rules.

When you and I don't follow the rules, the BPD or Code Enforcement take action.

Seriously, don't you people stay current on anything??

Guest slowpoke
Do you have a point to go along with these tirades?

log in as a guest when you question someone - how dare you! log in with your name next time

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Looks like the Holiday Inn garbage. Who cares about this mess. The customers at the Holiday Inn are used to this type of scenery. Have you seen their landscaping lately or their lobby furniture? Filthy, Ripped,worn and dirty just like their food tastes. Don't forget to ask for an ant-less room, or one without mice.

No longer a lodger. Hampton Inn is the way to go.

What time was this picture taken? The garbage downtown is picked up at 6am and 6pm monday through saturday. While it's supposed to be put out no earlier than 5pm some businesses close before then and put it out early.

Guest Guest
What time was this picture taken? The garbage downtown is picked up at 6am and 6pm monday through saturday. While it's supposed to be put out no earlier than 5pm some businesses close before then and put it out early.

The photo was taken about 10:30AM Saturday, March 8 2008.

Does anybody know if the garbage is still there, today, Sunday?

Did it make it through the night or did the wind blow it all over the place?

BTW, the garbage is not from the Holiday Inn is is from the bars on State Street.

See:

292079038a7811b431cc1c31acccde3309b42d613ec773e68d1d7f624dda353e164738df.jpg

I'll bet you the distributor can tell us who's it is:

http://img3013.photobox.co.uk/478033997fd9...69782acb1fe.jpg

Guest eyeroll

Oviously not really about some cardboard put out for recycling, but a personal ax to grind against the mayor. Don't you (OP) have anything better to do with your time? :rolleyes:

Archived