AAU Basketball

Guest Guest

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Banker
Is there anything to play after AAU-besides summer league I mean?

Here's a suggestion - get a couple friends or anyone that is interested in getting better as a basketball player, go to a park or someone's house, and play ball for several hours. And when not doing that, work on shooting, ballhandling, defensive drills, etc. You don't need anyone (adults, instructors, organization, etc.) to organize things for an aspiring athlete- they should do it on their own. Then you will see who wants to be a good basketball player.

Guest Guest

I would say go to some college camps if you can. It is very intense, but well worth it. Hobart, Hamilton and several others have really good camps. If you go, be prepared to be really tired and realize it is a tough few days. If you are older, go to some of the shootouts. They are cheap but the competition is good. I think the Hamilton camp with Coach Anderson or the Hobart Camp with Coach Metz are really good. Both are tremendous coaches.

Guest BBall4Life
That was kind of stupid-they just wanted some organized ball.

That's the problem the prior poster was trying to point out - there's already enough organized ball. Let's see some kids take some initiative on their own, without some one having to organizing ball for them. I think your response is very stupid.

Archived