AAU Basketball

Guest Guest

There is noting wrong with RAGE but I would not say it is not the only place you can play.. I am not trying to put it down . I am trying to let people know that there is more and maybe some better options out there. Like the person said earlier there is more options now plus the camps-people just need to know the information so then they can make their decision for what is best for them or their child. To say all the top players played from the area is great but now there is information getting out there of other ways to go. But to say RAGE is the only and best choice is not necessarily the case..

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Blaster
If you look at just the last two years, every top player from the Binghamton area played for the Rage. It is not even close. You can try all you want to ignore that, but the facts are the facts. If you want to be the best, play on the best local AAU team - the Rage!

As a former college basketball player (Division III), I can tell you from what I've witnessed, The Hoop Dreams will take a back seat to no one locally, and that includes Rage. This is not a knock on anyone, especially The Rage, but Kijanna Rose and his assistants have a good situation going, with Mr. Rose being the focal point. It looks like the kids have a good experience, yet he also insists, and demands, performance and achievement of his athletes, to the best of their abilities. By the way, The Hoop Dreams has some real good player.

I think The Hoop Dreams has a 15-&-under and a 14-&-under team (maybe even two), and I would put his teams, in that age group, against anyone around this area. The reason: The Hoop Dream players can play, and Rose can coach.

Once again, I am not knocking anyone else, but I am endorsing The Hoop Dreams.

As a former college basketball player (Division III), I can tell you from what I've witnessed, The Hoop Dreams will take a back seat to no one locally, and that includes Rage. This is not a knock on anyone, especially The Rage, but Kijanna Rose and his assistants have a good situation going, with Mr. Rose being the focal point. It looks like the kids have a good experience, yet he also insists, and demands, performance and achievement of his athletes, to the best of their abilities. By the way, The Hoop Dreams has some real good player.

I think The Hoop Dreams has a 15-&-under and a 14-&-under team (maybe even two), and I would put his teams, in that age group, against anyone around this area. The reason: The Hoop Dream players can play, and Rose can coach.

Once again, I am not knocking anyone else, but I am endorsing The Hoop Dreams.

I agree 100 %.

http://www.leaguelineup.com/welcome.asp?url=hoop_dreams

Guest withoutchild

if your school has a aau program play there. all other venues are money making jobs for someone they are businesses. the school program is for the student . most of the allstar programs are pipe dreams i saw plenty of stac games this year. the really good players are few and far betweren thats the truth most parents dont believe this so tghey shell out for the overatedaau situations. stay withyour friends compete against the so called allstars who are too selfabsorbed to realize this

if your school has a aau program play there. all other venues are money making jobs for someone they are businesses. the school program is for the student . most of the allstar programs are pipe dreams i saw plenty of stac games this year. the really good players are few and far betweren thats the truth most parents dont believe this so tghey shell out for the overatedaau situations. stay withyour friends compete against the so called allstars who are too selfabsorbed to realize this

You have a point.......

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest

There is nothing wrong with either AAU or school ball. Keep your perspective on it-no one will be scouting your son or daughter. The scouts will be in NYC, Philadelphia, etc...My son played AUU for years on the "A" team and never once was there a scout at a game. Showcase yes game no. ( he enjoyed playing the AAU just stating a fact) Let the kid play where he/she will have the most fun because that is what it will be. I think people are starting to finally grasp the level of competition out there for basketball, which like I said is good so you can keep it in prospective for your kid.

Guest stac watcher
There is nothing wrong with either AAU or school ball. Keep your perspective on it-no one will be scouting your son or daughter. The scouts will be in NYC, Philadelphia, etc...My son played AUU for years on the "A" team and never once was there a scout at a game. Showcase yes game no. ( he enjoyed playing the AAU just stating a fact) Let the kid play where he/she will have the most fun because that is what it will be. I think people are starting to finally grasp the level of competition out there for basketball, which like I said is good so you can keep it in prospective for your kid.

you could of made your point and not told us yolur sopn was on the A team...

Guest guest

who's drinking- my sopn? The point to the A team was still nobody was watching- (scouts) -he has long since left high school and complete college- so I have nothing to gain or lose either way, just trying to help people out.

Guest WITH OUT CHILD

who's drinking- my sopn? The point to the A team was still nobody was watching- (scouts) -he has long since left high school and complete college- so I have nothing to gain or lose either way, just trying to help people out.

how did you help anybody. you told us he had a good aau experience.. the question raised here often is whaT IS BETTER AAU OR SUMMER HIGH SCHOOL PROGRAMS ive said repeatedly the high school program is the better completed experience.. foolish parents who see their sons asthe next jordfan see it differently... those of us more in tune to the real world take the high school side of the debate I HAVENT HAD A DRINK IN THIRTY YEARS TAKE A DIFFERENT TACK EMMA

Guest guest

how did you help anybody. you told us he had a good aau experience.. the question raised here often is whaT IS BETTER AAU OR SUMMER HIGH SCHOOL PROGRAMS ive said repeatedly the high school program is the better completed experience.. foolish parents who see their sons asthe next jordfan see it differently... those of us more in tune to the real world take the high school side of the debate I HAVENT HAD A DRINK IN THIRTY YEARS TAKE A DIFFERENT TACK EMMA

Wow why are we so angry?? If you read what I was saying I said-t makes NO difference where your kid plays if you think you are getting scouted- because you are not. I personally think the school program is better choice . -it was not as strong when my kid was there. My point was-if you are really that damn good in basketball you need not to get out of the area and play. Now I am not sure what button of yours I pushed but I think that 30 years of not drinking has made you just a tad bit irritable!!

Guest Guest

"you could of made your point and not told us yolur sopn was on the A team...

who's drinking- my sopn?"

Seriously - no it is you! If you are going to enter this discussion, please use English!

You could HAVE made your point and not told us YOUR SON was on the A team

See - not that hard!

Guest guest

"you could of made your point and not told us yolur sopn was on the A team...

who's drinking- my sopn?"

Seriously - no it is you! If you are going to enter this discussion, please use English!

You could HAVE made your point and not told us YOUR SON was on the A team

See - not that hard!

You freaking DELETED-YOU wrote-my sopn not me! Go back and read the post and- you were the first one to accuse me of drinking not me of you-so get your facts straight-You are bashing your self you idiot. Who cares if I wrote the A team- there was a point to that which you are obviously way to stupid to get. Get your facts straight SON (just wanted to spell that for you correctly)

Guest Guest

"You freaking DELETED-YOU wrote-my sopn not me! Go back and read the post and- you were the first one to accuse me of drinking not me of you-so get your facts straight-You are bashing your self you idiot. Who cares if I wrote the A team- there was a point to that which you are obviously way to stupid to get. Get your facts straight SON (just wanted to spell that for you correctly)"

Oh man - not to beat a dead horse, but it should be "way TOO stupid!" Back to 4th grade for you. And, you call me the DELETED. And, it should be yourself, not your self. Never mind, 3rd grade for you!

Guest guest

Yes you are right I made a mistake but what I didn't do was blame you for something I wrote. (as you did my sopn) Little cap lock anger going on there or what. Like seriously, you attacked me for what? Because I said my kid was on the A team? (which like I said you totally missed the point)You must be a ticking time bomb !

Guest Guest

Actually I was referring to the post that attacked you, not your post. I am not the one who responded to you. I was responding to the person who responded to you.

Guest SOBER
"You freaking DELETED-YOU wrote-my sopn not me! Go back and read the post and- you were the first one to accuse me of drinking not me of you-so get your facts straight-You are bashing your self you idiot. Who cares if I wrote the A team- there was a point to that which you are obviously way to stupid to get. Get your facts straight SON (just wanted to spell that for you correctly)"

Oh man - not to beat a dead horse, but it should be "way TOO stupid!" Back to 4th grade for you. And, you call me the DELETED. And, it should be yourself, not your self. Never mind, 3rd grade for you!

TO MR. MY SON IS ON THE A TEAM. YOU ARE CONFUSED. YOU ARE ANSWERING AT LEAST TWO DIFFERENT POSTERS NOT ONE. IBELIEVE I QUESTIONED THE A TEAM MENTIONFIRST. AND YES I GOT THE POINT STILL SAY DIDNT MATTER YOUR SONS A LEVEL I DONT DRINK I DONT BOTHER CHECKING SPELLING I MAKE SENSIBLE STATEMENTS. YOU TEAR PEOPLE DOWN MAKE LESS SENSE.

Guest cool an
Hey let me help you out -I can put the guy right over the edge-my son went on to play college ball...oh no here comes the attacks...

ME THINKS YOU DOTH PROTEST TOO MUC H.......... NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOUR SON........ ITS YOUR POST THAT IS UNDER SEIGE. WE KNOW YOUR A GOOD DADDY YOU TOLD US SO.

Guest Guest

My son went on to play college ball....WOW.....I bet he was really good at Skidmore or Fredonia. Dont pound your chest too hard buddy. If he went to the ACC then you can come on here with.....My Son Went On To Play College Ball

Guest Guest

Bottom line is this ......... there are three type of AAU teams, 1. Rage teams (The best of the best) 2. School AAU teams (A bunch of friends playing together) 3. Angry Dad teams ( Need I say more). I choose RAGE for my son!

Guest Guest
Bottom line is this ......... there are three type of AAU teams, 1. Rage teams (The best of the best) 2. School AAU teams (A bunch of friends playing together) 3. Angry Dad teams ( Need I say more). I choose RAGE for my son!

Rage is NOT best of the best............I know a couple teams that beat the Rage every year, by about 20 points or so.

Guest Inspector Poirot

Your son should get off the video machine and go practice his jump shot, he could use it. And you should stop living vicariously through a mediocre athlete at best. Get a life.

Roses are red,

Violets are blue

My son (on rage) is Lebron James

and everyone knows it is true.

(That poem is a tribute to Stac Watcher)

Archived