AAU Basketball

Guest Guest

Guest expert

does anyone agree with me? any playing of organized basketball is good. but AAU & RAGE ARE NOT CONVENTIAL FORMS OF BSKETBALL. you have a couple practices a week and then play 4 games a day on the weekend. that is not basketball. you cannot scout teams or practice between games. verbal adjustments can't replace practice time. i was asked to coach and decilned once i knew the format. that is not coaching.

basketball is best taught on a regular season and practice schedule. you start out as individuals and learn how to become a team. you can scout so your players aren't going into a game blame. role players ann studs work together. at the next level they want someone who is talented, but understand it's a long season and there will be ups and downs. a good coach with a stud will further develop them and have longer to do it. AAU & RAGE CAN'T DO THAT. they are not designed to do that. like i said, there's nothing wrong with those organizations, but they do not teach basketball the way it should be taught, nor are they supposed to. i played at a very high level in basketball and baseball and enjoyed playing on the allstar teams, but didn't learn the game there.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest
does anyone agree with me? any playing of organized basketball is good. but AAU & RAGE ARE NOT CONVENTIAL FORMS OF BSKETBALL. you have a couple practices a week and then play 4 games a day on the weekend. that is not basketball. you cannot scout teams or practice between games. verbal adjustments can't replace practice time. i was asked to coach and decilned once i knew the format. that is not coaching.

basketball is best taught on a regular season and practice schedule. you start out as individuals and learn how to become a team. you can scout so your players aren't going into a game blame. role players ann studs work together. at the next level they want someone who is talented, but understand it's a long season and there will be ups and downs. a good coach with a stud will further develop them and have longer to do it. AAU & RAGE CAN'T DO THAT. they are not designed to do that. like i said, there's nothing wrong with those organizations, but they do not teach basketball the way it should be taught, nor are they supposed to. i played at a very high level in basketball and baseball and enjoyed playing on the allstar teams, but didn't learn the game there.

No I don't agree and you don't know what the hell your talking about.Go to an AAU tourney and you see many college recruiters at the games.It gives them a chance to look at lots of talent in 1 weekend rather than 1 player here and another 200 miles away.

Guest Guest

"expert" - You do not know what you are talking about. College coaches recruit at AAU events, College Showcase events and College summer camps. They do not recruit at high school games. Most of the players invited to the Showcases and summer camps are from AAU teams. Also, most players progress at the same rate during the high school season. It is the player who commits themselves outside of season that becomes the better player. There is no better way than AAU to make that progress. As far as "teaching basketball the way it should be taught" - you are as wrong as you can be. I'll just leave it at that since this board is so negative. Allstar teams are not AAU teams. If you never had the chance to play AAU, it was your loss.

Guest guest

recruits do show up at AAU games but not RAGE ones. You want to be seen you better do more than that! And they don't show up at at high schools games?- now there's the biggest crap I have heard-when my son played there was a college recruit at almost every game-maybe not the head coach but an assistant. You people are delusional thinking this RAGE is anything but go ahead and keep pissing your money away-TL is loving it! Funny how easily manipulated you people are! For those of you who are serious and have a kid who CAN actually play get him to the right camp. Or at least check out Hoop Dreams...

Guest Guest

I think the results speak for themselves:

All-Metro M.V.P. - Rage

7 of 10 All-Metro Team - Rage

5 of 10 players on the Central Empire State Basketball Team - Rage

Guest guest

I think the results speak for themselves:

All-Metro M.V.P. - Rage

7 of 10 All-Metro Team - Rage

5 of 10 players on the Central Empire State Basketball Team - Rage

OH MY GOD!! That's what everyone has been saying -TL trying to take credit for this-give me break. If credit goes anywhere it goes to the HIGH SCHOOL coach's-not the one day a week practice TL has. I believe they made all metro for playing high school ball not AAU ball. These guys would have made all metro RAGE or not-AGAIN IT WAS BASED ON THEIR HIGH SCHOOL PERFORMANCE. So he takes the best players int he area and makes a team-oh wow lets give him all the credit! This is a complete joke as is he.

Guest expert
"expert" - You do not know what you are talking about. College coaches recruit at AAU events, College Showcase events and College summer camps. They do not recruit at high school games. Most of the players invited to the Showcases and summer camps are from AAU teams. Also, most players progress at the same rate during the high school season. It is the player who commits themselves outside of season that becomes the better player. There is no better way than AAU to make that progress. As far as "teaching basketball the way it should be taught" - you are as wrong as you can be. I'll just leave it at that since this board is so negative. Allstar teams are not AAU teams. If you never had the chance to play AAU, it was your loss.

yea, i'm wrong. no scouts go to high school games. you have no concept of basketball whatsoever. AAU IS NOT BASKETBALL. IT IS HELTER SKELTER AND HEADCASES. there is no coaching. recruiters from D3 might show up and still not like what they see. school ball is where you make a name for yourself and i'm living proof of it.

Guest Guest
Is it better to have your kid play AAU for the RAGE or should they play with their team from school? Or does it even make that much of a difference? Thanks...

Well ME's AAU team beat the two of the weak rage teams so I guess the talent in the rage is not that great. Although all the parents of these idiots who play for this money hungry organization like to pay so they can feel like there son is better than they are. Pay for pride I like to call it.

Guest expert
yea, i'm wrong. no scouts go to high school games. you have no concept of basketball whatsoever. AAU IS NOT BASKETBALL. IT IS HELTER SKELTER AND HEADCASES. there is no coaching. recruiters from D3 might show up and still not like what they see. school ball is where you make a name for yourself and i'm living proof of it.

you are all confused. recruits go to camps and AAU usually when they just want to see what talent is out there. they have no specific player in mind.

Guest expert
you are all confused. recruits go to camps and AAU usually when they just want to see what talent is out there. they have no specific player in mind.

also, when they are targeting a stud, they go to multiple high scool games to watch them. that's like 3rd grade bball knowledge.

Guest guest

True-AAU in NYC and Philadelphia, etc...

Guest Guest

ME won 17under against top Rage team, I think that rage team went to Pittsburg and Baltimore to play "better competition" when they could have saved some money and drove up to ME High School. What a joke!

Guest guest

actually maybe not -better than playing with the ball hog j conolly! someone teach that kid the game and to dribble, and maybe the word PASS!.

Guest Guest
also, when they are targeting a stud, they go to multiple high scool games to watch them. that's like 3rd grade bball knowledge.

Quit pretending you have BBall knowledge because you are embarrasing yourself.AAU is were many players are seen by college scouts.You have an ax to grind with rage which I could care less about but saying AAU nationally is not heavily recruited is a joke and shows that you never played and are clueless.Expert HAHAHA

Guest Guest

Hey expert - you say you played at a higher level which I guess implies college. I have some advice for you, ask for your money back from the college you went to because you write at a 7th grade level. I don't think you have a clue about basketball because players today get looks from playing AAU, not high school. I agree, stop embarrasing yourself!

Guest Guest
Looks like the Siniki kid made the wrong choice.

He is a good 6'2" trash talker. Torto is the best player that represents Rage. He certainly didn't learn anything from TL.

Other than that, the Rage is weak ...Actually, this area lags the rest of NY state in baskets.

Archived