Gary Crooks

Guest Guest

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Inspector Poirot
Why don't the M-E sparents like him?

Better question is what is a Sparent? What makes you a sparent? Is this a good tag or a bad tag? Are you born a sparent or can you be indoctrined in? Is there a swearing in Sparent ceremony? Is there a age requirement to become a sparent? How many sparents are there? Can you easily tell a sparent at a sporting event or at your local grocery, if so, what are their distinguishable characteristics that makes them stand out?

The problem is the A D Cook.When I played for M.E. Dick Foley was a real A D ,did nt take crap or listen to cry babiy players or parents. He told players to suck it up or go elsewhere . He did not try to suck up to players,Administration or parents.He let coaches coach and they stayed there to build the program.When Foley talked people llistened and respected his decision. Foley coaced at all levels at M.E. and Cook came as a gym teacher.Maybe he coaced lacrosse but that was just to get it started and I do not know if it even exists today except for girls. Lacrosse should be a sport where both sexes play it together .The girls are for the most part field hockey players and guys are football players.Back to the original response Cook needs to stop acting like the poster boy and start being tough .Not be a popularity contest.He is worring about his own job instead of doing the job.

Why don't the M-E sparents like him?
The guy wins a state title and people still roast his DELETED on this site! Amazing! What would you wanna coach at M-E?

Better question is what is a Sparent? What makes you a sparent? Is this a good tag or a bad tag? Are you born a sparent or can you be indoctrined in? Is there a swearing in Sparent ceremony? Is there a age requirement to become a sparent? How many sparents are there? Can you easily tell a sparent at a sporting event or at your local grocery, if so, what are their distinguishable characteristics that makes them stand out?

Let me put it this way-after reading your post you could be one no problem!

Why can no one answer these question?

The guy wins a state title and people still roast his berries on this site! Amazing! What would you wanna coach at M-E?
he did not deserve that state title as coach, williams did, and everyone knows it. Crooks is doing nothing but wasting ME taxpayers dollares when the bum goes, ME will be a better place.

if you have ever talked with the idiot, he lies to your face, then turns around and tells other coaches what an

DELETED you are! Now there is a state coach for you, ah!

Guest the truth

A sparent is someone who becomes selfish, and the often becomes whiny and complains about coaching decisions then often tries to run the coach out of town. Most also try and live through the lives of their kids. Also failing to realize how pathetic their lives really are. They often work in groups, that way when they critisize and act like they can do a better job they don't feel as lonely.

A sparent is someone who becomes selfish, and the often becomes whiny and complains about coaching decisions then often tries to run the coach out of town. Most also try and live through the lives of their kids. Also failing to realize how pathetic their lives really are. They often work in groups, that way when they critisize and act like they can do a better job they don't feel as lonely.

Thank you, finally someone answered the question.

Many people (not all) do not like Gary Crooks because he lies. If you aren't one of the top names at M-E, he will manipulate you and use you but will never respect you no matter how good of a person you really are. Just ask some of the seniors from last seasons' state champion baseball team.

@

Actually, a Sparent is one who knows how to cleverly manipulate ME coaches, teachers, and administration to get what they want for their kids whether or not the kid really deserves it. and the coaches believe them and give in to them because they do not know any better.

Well thats a stupid answer-what school does not have these politics-there's whinny parents in every distinct thinking their kids are the best-its high school politics

All I can say is God Bless you Crooks-you have taken more crap on this site than anyone !
He is only getting back what he has given out for so many years! CRAP

Guest the truth

Well thats a stupid answer-what school does not have these politics-there's whinny parents in every distinct thinking their kids are the best-its high school politics

That maybe, but the sparents go way behind normal high school politics. Its like comparing Adolf Hitler to someone in a county jail. M-E will remain a fascist civilization as long as these sparents remain in power. No one will ever over throw these whiny, selfish, tyrant parents that M-E has.

THE SPARENTS MUST CONTROL ALL OF MAINE ENDWELL!!

Guest SPARENT!!
That maybe, but the sparents go way behind normal high school politics. Its like comparing Adolf Hitler to someone in a county jail. M-E will remain a fascist civilization as long as these sparents remain in power. No one will ever over throw these whiny, selfish, tyrant parents that M-E has.

THATS RIGHT! LETS ALL GO TO CROOKS HOUSE WITH TORCHES AND BEHEAD HIM, THEN WE WILL POST IT ON A POLE SO ALL COACHES WHO COACH HERE WILL KNOW THE CONSEQUENSES OF NOT PLAYING MY SON!!!!!!!

So wait a minute are you saying that all sparents are like a group of people they are all friends? I don't get this. And i have to tell you I think you are wrong if you think you got the edge on politics-there is several schools in the same boat about kids with play time etc...-check out JC, Vestal I mean the list goes on and on. I think your problem at ME is you air out everything here on bc voice and not all schools do that. Although JC and Seton are close on here...

I actaully think there is a disgruntled parent with Crooks from last year who just can't seem to get over that jr. did not play. And they just keep posting crap on here constantly-bit of advise-get some help!! Life does not start and end with high school sports.

#

Many people (not all) do not like Gary Crooks because he lies. If you aren't one of the top names at M-E, he will manipulate you and use you but will never respect you no matter how good of a person you really are. Just ask some of the seniors from last seasons' state champion baseball team.

Better yet ask their parents-the kids have gone on to college the parents are still freaking over last year!

Actually, a Sparent is one who knows how to cleverly manipulate ME coaches, teachers, and administration to get what they want for their kids whether or not the kid really deserves it. and the coaches believe them and give in to them because they do not know any better.

So what people are saying is that it is manipulative parents running all over the coach's-(what about the parents who are coaching in the district also.) I think the blame is being put on the wrong spot here-why do the coach's allow this- that is the real question.

Better yet ask their parents-the kids have gone on to college the parents are still freaking over last year!

How are their parents still freaking over it? I am not one of the parents, but I am in and am very active in the Maine-Endwell community and I have not heard one thing from these parents since last year. Maybe you've heard through the grapevine that they do not like Crooks, but really, you think just because their kid graduated that everything is okay? He screwed over their kids senior year of high school baseball and made them look bad, they have a right to not like him and frankly, I think they have a right to confront Crooks (and Williams) about last season.

And if anyone is wondering, the parents of last years seniors would NOT qualify as Sparents.

How are their parents still freaking over it? I am not one of the parents, but I am in and am very active in the Maine-Endwell community and I have not heard one thing from these parents since last year. Maybe you've heard through the grapevine that they do not like Crooks, but really, you think just because their kid graduated that everything is okay? He screwed over their kids senior year of high school baseball and made them look bad, they have a right to not like him and frankly, I think they have a right to confront Crooks (and Williams) about last season.

And if anyone is wondering, the parents of last years seniors would NOT qualify as Sparents.

OMG you just proved my point completely. And YES they absolutely do qualify as sparents. You said he screwed over their kids ( yet you say you were not a parent-yeah right) last year? How because they didn't play-well if they won a state championship I would say he played the right guys. And you say they should confront him-seriously get a life their high school days are over and they were not going to play Pro. It look sto me like you just gave the perfect example of a sparent! You need to move on-this is just unbelievable that people carry this on past high school!

Archived