Gary Crooks

Guest Guest

How are their parents still freaking over it? I am not one of the parents, but I am in and am very active in the Maine-Endwell community and I have not heard one thing from these parents since last year. Maybe you've heard through the grapevine that they do not like Crooks, but really, you think just because their kid graduated that everything is okay? He screwed over their kids senior year of high school baseball and made them look bad, they have a right to not like him and frankly, I think they have a right to confront Crooks (and Williams) about last season.

And if anyone is wondering, the parents of last years seniors would NOT qualify as Sparents.

OMG you just proved my point completely. And YES they absolutely do qualify as sparents. You said he screwed over their kids ( yet you say you were not a parent-yeah right) last year? How because they didn't play-well if they won a state championship I would say he played the right guys. And you say they should confront him-seriously get a life their high school days are over and they were not going to play Pro. It look sto me like you just gave the perfect example of a sparent! You need to move on-this is just unbelievable that people carry this on past high school!

No, I am a student from M-E and I know the guys. You can't tell me that if you (or your kid) was called up in tenth grade and played and then sat the bench your last two years of high school or was moved to a different position for younger guys that you could do just as good of a job as or probably better and was lied to by the coaches on different occasions that you wouldn't be pissed at the coach. Yeah graduation day comes, I graduated, okay now all of the sudden I like Crooks! NOT...look they aren't obsessing over this, they don't like him and are just moving on. And no, a Sparent is someone who uses their name and "smooth talking" to influence the decisions of the coaches. THESE parents last year kept their mouth shut when they very well could have gotten involved. And how do you know that these parents are obsessing and whining about it? Do you hang out with them?

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, I am a student from M-E and I know the guys. You can't tell me that if you (or your kid) was called up in tenth grade and played and then sat the bench your last two years of high school or was moved to a different position for younger guys that you could do just as good of a job as or probably better and was lied to by the coaches on different occasions that you wouldn't be pissed at the coach. Yeah graduation day comes, I graduated, okay now all of the sudden I like Crooks! NOT...look they aren't obsessing over this, they don't like him and are just moving on. And no, a Sparent is someone who uses their name and "smooth talking" to influence the decisions of the coaches. THESE parents last year kept their mouth shut when they very well could have gotten involved. And how do you know that these parents are obsessing and whining about it? Do you hang out with them?

There is your/your sparents issue. You and your parents are the only ones who think you could have done better. You were not better, so you did not play. Coaches play the best players, that is why they are the coach and parents are the parents, or sparents are the sparents.

Get real-maybe the younger players were better-which obviously they were they won a damn state championship. You need a reality lesson little boy-I think your parents pampered maybe a little to much! Parents kept their mouths shut -give me a break we heard all about all year on this bc voice! Reality check there were players better than you now get back to class and get an education. And again perfect example of a sparent-my kids should have played they were better!

okay, i have never posted on here. i usually just laugh at the postings but this is getting me upset. i was one of the seniors from last year. i can tell you from the inside that me and my four other senior friends and parents are past it. do we like crooks? no. but it's in the past and we don't care anymore. i could go into the whole thing from beginning to end; what crooksy did and what he didn't do, how he treated us ect. ect. but it doesn't matter. winning a state championship was a great experience and an even better way to end out my high school career and we all (meaning the whole team) contributed no matter what we did. and i'll be there this year cheering them on when they're going for two straight. so i ask you all respectfully to stop saying how me, my family and my friends are whining and bitching about last season, because we aren't. thanks to the guy that tried to defend us and for the rest of you just know what your saying before you say it because this one about my friends and parents is not true.

Get real-maybe the younger players were better-which obviously they were they won a damn state championship. You need a reality lesson little boy-I think your parents pampered maybe a little to much! Parents kept their mouths shut -give me a break we heard all about all year on this bc voice! Reality check there were players better than you now get back to class and get an education. And again perfect example of a sparent-my kids should have played they were better!

[/quote From an outsider who watched a few of MEs last year games and the state championship, I can tell you the the second baseman, shortstop and right fielder are not what I call qulality players. I was told they were underclassmen, not sure what grade, but I thought they were average players at best.

I actaully think there is a disgruntled parent with Crooks from last year who just can't seem to get over that jr. did not play. And they just keep posting crap on here constantly-bit of advise-get some help!! Life does not start and end with high school sports.
I actually think the parents posting on this post are 11th grade and 9th grade parents, rumor has it they are quite brutal, from what i haver heard they do some really nasty things to others.

Many people (not all) do not like Gary Crooks because he lies. If you aren't one of the top names at M-E, he will manipulate you and use you but will never respect you no matter how good of a person you really are. Just ask some of the seniors from last seasons' state champion baseball team.

Better yet ask their parents-the kids have gone on to college the parents are still freaking over last year!

And you know this for sure? You must be quite close to them?

okay, i have never posted on here. i usually just laugh at the postings but this is getting me upset. i was one of the seniors from last year. i can tell you from the inside that me and my four other senior friends and parents are past it. do we like crooks? no. but it's in the past and we don't care anymore. i could go into the whole thing from beginning to end; what crooksy did and what he didn't do, how he treated us ect. ect. but it doesn't matter. winning a state championship was a great experience and an even better way to end out my high school career and we all (meaning the whole team) contributed no matter what we did. and i'll be there this year cheering them on when they're going for two straight. so i ask you all respectfully to stop saying how me, my family and my friends are whining and bitching about last season, because we aren't. thanks to the guy that tried to defend us and for the rest of you just know what your saying before you say it because this one about my friends and parents is not true.
i think you can narrow down who is writing this crap on here about you, it is quite obvious, hope it all works out for them.

How are their parents still freaking over it? I am not one of the parents, but I am in and am very active in the Maine-Endwell community and I have not heard one thing from these parents since last year. Maybe you've heard through the grapevine that they do not like Crooks, but really, you think just because their kid graduated that everything is okay? He screwed over their kids senior year of high school baseball and made them look bad, they have a right to not like him and frankly, I think they have a right to confront Crooks (and Williams) about last season.

And if anyone is wondering, the parents of last years seniors would NOT qualify as Sparents.

OMG you just proved my point completely. And YES they absolutely do qualify as sparents. You said he screwed over their kids ( yet you say you were not a parent-yeah right) last year? How because they didn't play-well if they won a state championship I would say he played the right guys. And you say they should confront him-seriously get a life their high school days are over and they were not going to play Pro. It look sto me like you just gave the perfect example of a sparent! You need to move on-this is just unbelievable that people carry this on past high school!

I can tell you this, if ME does not win a state title this year, many will have a field day with this team and the coach because what i have read on this post is that is it was the underclassmen who won the state title, it sound to me like they had no respect for anyone but themselves, kinda self centered if you ask me. I go to school with a couple who really have some big egos and i know coach feeds into them. so what does that tell you about this coach?

i heard there was a 10th grade parent last year who was very nasty to other parents, it is all over broome county?

I can tell you this, if ME does not win a state title this year, many will have a field day with this team and the coach because what i have read on this post is that is it was the underclassmen who won the state title, it sound to me like they had no respect for anyone but themselves, kinda self centered if you ask me. I go to school with a couple who really have some big egos and i know coach feeds into them. so what does that tell you about this coach?

Yes there is so major ego maniacs-it will hurt them in the end..Junior class esp. think very highly of themselves...

I will guarantee the kids from last year have moved on yet their parents are still stuck in high school-how pathetic is that????
and you know this for sure? you must know them quite well then?

Yes there is so major ego maniacs-it will hurt them in the end..Junior class esp. think very highly of themselves...

you got to understand their parents have egos too, they are expecting the big leagues for junior.

get real, junior is not going to make it to the big leagues.

i hear they are wild about the town on weekends? Want to come party at my house friday?

There is your/your sparents issue. You and your parents are the only ones who think you could have done better. You were not better, so you did not play. Coaches play the best players, that is why they are the coach and parents are the parents, or sparents are the sparents.
someone is feeding you a good line!!!! You cannot be from ME, that is not how it is done there

I have nothing to do with ME. My kids graduated from another area highschool years ago. Here is my problem. Parents should never get involved. Never. Shouldnt even talk to the coach. Never. Unless there kid is being harmed or abused. Why do parents feel compeled to get involved. This is so embarrassing. Good coachs dont listen to bullshit parents.

Football Kelsey Green = I dont think so

Softball Cook = doubt it.

Basketball Jack Hollaron = Never

Parents shouldnt be any part of the equation:

i heard there was a 10th grade parent last year who was very nasty to other parents, it is all over broome county?

It is true. The 10 grade parents, one set in particular, where very nasty. They talked amoung themselves about the inadequacies of the players while their own kid(s) made error after error.

Guest another guest
I have nothing to do with ME. My kids graduated from another area highschool years ago. Here is my problem. Parents should never get involved. Never. Shouldnt even talk to the coach. Never. Unless there kid is being harmed or abused. Why do parents feel compeled to get involved. This is so embarrassing. Good coachs dont listen to bullshit parents.

Football Kelsey Green = I dont think so

Softball Cook = doubt it.

Basketball Jack Hollaron = Never

Parents shouldnt be any part of the equation:

Good point with both parents and good coaches. And those coaches that accept certain influences cannot be considered good coaches.

It works both ways. I get the sense that many do not think that Crooks is in the same universe as those fine coaches.

Good point with both parents and good coaches. And those coaches that accept certain influences cannot be considered good coaches.

It works both ways. I get the sense that many do not think that Crooks is in the same universe as those fine coaches.

The only coach who is involved and discusses players and who is going to play is coach crooks. He does and has discussed and favors kids with parents whom he knows and manipulate him quite well. if he says otherwise, he is lying to your face. This is an absolute fact. I do not know of too many others, most stay distant.

It is true. The 10 grade parents, one set in particular, where very nasty. They talked amoung themselves about the inadequacies of the players while their own kid(s) made error after error.
yes, this is true, but it is now an 11th grade parent whom i believe you are talking about, if the kid was in 10th grade last year. They (he) bashed alot of parents last year.

yes, this is true, but it is now an 11th grade parent whom i believe you are talking about, if the kid was in 10th grade last year. They (he) bashed alot of parents last year.

Yes, this is correct. The post said something about "last year as 10th graders". The kid is in 11th grade now and no doubt he and his parents will continue to be full of themselves again. It just doesn't end with them.

Guest Guest-joethedrunk-*
Yes, this is correct. The post said something about "last year as 10th graders". The kid is in 11th grade now and no doubt he and his parents will continue to be full of themselves again. It just doesn't end with them.

Wannabee parents ruin it for everyone...

Names? Lets stop with all this sneaky crap. Come out and name names if you think you know what people are doing/thinking.

Archived