Gary Crooks

Guest Guest

This type of behavior has existed for years. This is part of the Maine Endwell legacy going back to when Rarik coached.Who was worse than Edwards but it was part of the game to go and watch him rant and pace the grassy knoll behind the lawn chairs.Who cared but you knew it was going to happen.It happened in basketball and football all the time with former coaches Greene and basketball coaches Crowack.It is always from parents,who else goes to the games?Go to Union Endicott and you hear the same about Hurd,the baseball coach who no one even knows his name other than the players and how about McManus? Vestal's anderson is sent a new set of luggage every football season but that is part of the job to hear that . I find this site pretty amusing when they jab at coaches.It is a opportunity to vent and rather here than anywhere. Let it continue and ask anyone who ever coached if there was not a fan base who would like to hang them. the children will be like that for it is part of the game whether it be little league,teener,modified,pee wee football,Varsity,or even professional.Look at two years ago when Tom coughlin could not get a cab ride in New York City.Keep it coming folks We can all learn fro it.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This type of behavior has existed for years. This is part of the Maine Endwell legacy going back to when Rarik coached.Who was worse than Edwards but it was part of the game to go and watch him rant and pace the grassy knoll behind the lawn chairs.Who cared but you knew it was going to happen.It happened in basketball and football all the time with former coaches Greene and basketball coaches Crowack.It is always from parents,who else goes to the games?Go to Union Endicott and you hear the same about Hurd,the baseball coach who no one even knows his name other than the players and how about McManus? Vestal's anderson is sent a new set of luggage every football season but that is part of the job to hear that . I find this site pretty amusing when they jab at coaches.It is a opportunity to vent and rather here than anywhere. Let it continue and ask anyone who ever coached if there was not a fan base who would like to hang them. the children will be like that for it is part of the game whether it be little league,teener,modified,pee wee football,Varsity,or even professional.Look at two years ago when Tom coughlin could not get a cab ride in New York City.Keep it coming folks We can all learn fro it.

Well said, except for the spelling. Coaches are always one game away from being a bum. We have to complain about something and we are all guilty of that.......

Lets stop bashing Coach Crooks, parents, M-E players and coaches and players of other schools as well. Let's not forget that high school sports exist to complete the total educational experience and provide a healthy outlet for the students.

That having been said, it appears that the main gripe, at all schools and for all sports, seems to be that underclassmen are taking spots on the teams and playing time away from juniors and seniors. STAC or NY State could very easily eliminate that problem by putting in a rule that states that varsity teams will be limited to seniors and juniors only and jv teams will be limited to sophmores and freshmen only. That would level the playing field for all schools and would open up participation for many more athletes.

Maybe the teams wouldn't be as strong but the superior athletes would still rise to the top and get noticed for college scholarships. If all schools and leagues would agree to this it would certainly go a long way toward resolving jealousy issues that now exist. If you thin it's worth a try let your AD know.

WOW OKAY! I don't know who you are talking about...but you keep coming back to this years juniors. So here, here are the sophomores from last years team (in alphabetical order)...

Barrett

Jones

Reynolds

Ruby

Yesensky

Like I said...I don't know who or what you are talking about but here...here are all the returning sophomores (now juniors) names from M-E baseball.

I think it it quite ironic how three of these players quit or threatened to quit varsity (one didn't try out because he knew he wouldn't even play) and yet their parents have done nothing but criticize coach Ocker for not playing their son

enough and how horrible a coach he is. I believe it is this class of parents who dislike Crooks the most because Yesensky was instrumental in bringing in Williams with trying to replace the horrific job of Crooks because he was not building his son's skill profile to get reayd for the big leagues! I think some of you have it *@# backward here!

Lets stop bashing Coach Crooks, parents, M-E players and coaches and players of other schools as well. Let's not forget that high school sports exist to complete the total educational experience and provide a healthy outlet for the students.

That having been said, it appears that the main gripe, at all schools and for all sports, seems to be that underclassmen are taking spots on the teams and playing time away from juniors and seniors. STAC or NY State could very easily eliminate that problem by putting in a rule that states that varsity teams will be limited to seniors and juniors only and jv teams will be limited to sophmores and freshmen only. That would level the playing field for all schools and would open up participation for many more athletes.

Maybe the teams wouldn't be as strong but the superior athletes would still rise to the top and get noticed for college scholarships. If all schools and leagues would agree to this it would certainly go a long way toward resolving jealousy issues that now exist. If you thin it's worth a try let your AD know.

That is an interesting idea, but I don't think it would work. Some kids just develop faster than others. Ruby is a good example. Had he played on JV last year it would not have only been unfair to him, but to his teammates and teams he was playing. He was far to good for JV last year. However, other kids could have used a few years of JV experience like Reynolds (for certainly his freshman year) and it wouldn't have hurt if they left Jones, Barrett and even to an extent I think Tallon should have at least started his sophomore season on JV because he hasn't been real impressive on varsity. But in Crooks case the problem people have with him, and this is not just the senior parents or the sophomore or junior ones, but the problem is how he brought some of the older guys up in their sophomore years and then didn't play them pretty much they're final two seasons, or how he calls up a guy like Barrett last year and he doesn't play much where he could be doing well getting time on JV or Reynolds who looked horrendous his freshman year (and not much better at the plate last year) could have really gotten a lot out of a year or two of JV. That's why parents have problems with Crooks. But back to your original point, I think at least in M-E's case Crooks needs to use more discretion when calling people up. Like I said, Ruby and I guess you could say Yesensky were ready their freshman and sophomore years but other guys could have used another year at JV, which is a program that is not bad at M-E, they have a very good coach in Krowiak down there, so why not let them mature a little bit more?

Involved in what?

What? Are you kidding me? He's involved with everything baseball in Endicott (I think, he's the league president) and his "better"-half as her hand in things also. Plus, they always seem to have an "in" with coaches (like Crooks).

Sorry to say but Yenskey went up because of daddy being so involved-he should have been on jv and waited another year for V.

Led the varsity team in errors. Not a good stat to own. He should have stayed down. Loves himself though.

Sorry to say but Yenskey went up because of daddy being so involved-he should have been on jv and waited another year for V.

You know I wrote that whole big thing and that's the only thing you got from it. I know from a fielding aspect he certainly could have used a year on JV. He probably should have been down his freshman year, but from an offensive stand point last season he did hold his own and had decent numbers his freshman year too. My view is his freshman year he was boarder line and if they're boarder line you really think they'll have a role you should pull them up. You can always send them back down if it doesn't pan out. However, with saying that, Ty Yesenksy being on varsity was not the main point of my post.

No one said it was your point-but since you brought up his name I guess it hit a nerve with some people. I think people at ME are just tired of parents being so involved. Can't they just back off and let their kid get it on talent?

No one said it was your point-but since you brought up his name I guess it hit a nerve with some people. I think people at ME are just tired of parents being so involved. Can't they just back off and let their kid get it on talent?

I wonder if the M-E parents read this site. How awful I would feel for my child if our name was mentioned; especially negatively like most of this is. Why doesn't anyone stand up to these parents if they are so rude? Honestly, I've never heard of the people, but then again we don't live in M-E. My point: their name can't be that big if people outside of M-E don't know them. What makes them so special to have a thread with their name in it numerous times?

I wonder if the M-E parents read this site. How awful I would feel for my child if our name was mentioned; especially negatively like most of this is. Why doesn't anyone stand up to these parents if they are so rude? Honestly, I've never heard of the people, but then again we don't live in M-E. My point: their name can't be that big if people outside of M-E don't know them. What makes them so special to have a thread with their name in it numerous times?

Wow do you not read BC voice? Special to ME you must not read other sites at all-it happens to all different school districts. Seton has been on the hot seat for awhile, Binghamton on it for football big time,etc.... Who says people outside of ME don't them? If you are involved in athletics at all you now the local good athletes from any school. I think your post is bogus-and I think your are definitely from ME putting on an act...

Parents at ME should take a lot of blame WAY to involved in the sports!! Everyone wants to make sure their kid is the star or gets enough play time-crap look at the basketball team 2 kids quit because of play time-give me a break what is anyone teaching them?

Parents at ME should take a lot of blame WAY to involved in the sports!! Everyone wants to make sure their kid is the star or gets enough play time-crap look at the basketball team 2 kids quit because of play time-give me a break what is anyone teaching them?

Obviously the sparents just do not do a good job at teaching their sons/duaghters about shutting up, working hard, and letting your talent/or lack thereof do what it can.

Guest GUEST-ME
These parents would be:

Yesensky

Tallon

Ruby

Van Weort

Jones

Barret

Reynolds

Barret is a bum...he is obessed with winning and will go to all extremes to do it (just ask around the little league and CYO grammar bbal circles and you will get some stories), sad the way he treats his players...I wouldn't put any stock in Barret or any of these ME Sparents...they are all idiots!!!

This is getting totally ridiculous.

All the people you listed have contributed greatly to the success of various programs in the area. They have devoted a lot of their time, and energy that benefited MANY kids from this area. They are volunteers.....and don't get paid. Their own kids have/are successful on various teams....NOT just on the teams that they as parents coached. These coaches commitment has given MANY kids opportunities and experiences that would not have happened had it not been for them. Just because your "Little Johnny" wasn't good enough OR did not have the work ethic needed to succeed does not give you the right to bash these people on a public forum. You sound like the type of parent that would just drop their kid off at practice (aka free babysitting) and doesnt contribute in any form......the only thing you contribute is to put down other people who are giving of their time to help kids that WANT TO WORK!!!

Or maybe you're the type of parent that just doesn't see that your "lil Johnny" doesn't have what it takes. When you get to high school level---- not everyone can be an "ALL STAR" nor is there "equal playing time for all" like it was in T-Ball days!! Why don't YOU spend YOUR time improving "lil Johnny's" skills rather than putting all your energy into sitting behind a computer and bashing people on a public and anonymous forum......

Guest Inspector Poirot
This is getting totally ridiculous.

All the people you listed have contributed greatly to the success of various programs in the area. They have devoted a lot of their time, and energy that benefited MANY kids from this area. They are volunteers.....and don't get paid. Their own kids have/are successful on various teams....NOT just on the teams that they as parents coached. These coaches commitment has given MANY kids opportunities and experiences that would not have happened had it not been for them. Just because your "Little Johnny" wasn't good enough OR did not have the work ethic needed to succeed does not give you the right to bash these people on a public forum. You sound like the type of parent that would just drop their kid off at practice (aka free babysitting) and doesnt contribute in any form......the only thing you contribute is to put down other people who are giving of their time to help kids that WANT TO WORK!!!

Or maybe you're the type of parent that just doesn't see that your "lil Johnny" doesn't have what it takes. When you get to high school level---- not everyone can be an "ALL STAR" nor is there "equal playing time for all" like it was in T-Ball days!! Why don't YOU spend YOUR time improving "lil Johnny's" skills rather than putting all your energy into sitting behind a computer and bashing people on a public and anonymous forum......

Please, please stop. Logic like that can disrupt the natural order of things here on the voice.

You, my friend, have made the great inspector proud with this insight.

Please, please stop. Logic like that can disrupt the natural order of things here on the voice.

...............It's just amazing that it has come to this ---- but you could see it coming.....

Starting with the youth levels......EVERYONE IS AN ALL STAR! In various youth leagues notice how many all-star teams are put together within just one organization. You have a A-Team, a B-Team, a C-Team etc., etc.,etc and that is for just one age group!!. Just about everyone makes an all-star team These kids acquire a mindset of being an all-star..........it's all about making "lil johnny" feel good ---- NOT about WORKING and EARNING something! Trophies are handed out like penny candy. There use to be a few true select Elite/Travel teams in the area.....now there are several....doesn't make those players too special or "elite" now does it....but they sure do feel good!!. Organizations don't want to exclude any one....... If a kid doesn't make a team.....why not instead teach him that he has to work harder or practice and set goals... build some character while your at it!! No......we make him an all-star. This occurs in all sports.....baseball,soccer,lacrosse, AAU basketball, it's the way it is now. Then problems arise when you get to a higher level and "lil johnny all-star" either doesn't make the team, or play. All of a sudden parents claim it's the "coach"...."my son got screwed", "how could this happen..he's been an all-star since he was 2 years old"....when in fact their "lil johnny" just doesn't have the talent, or drive. These kids AND parents are so use to being an "all-star" that when reality hits these same people will go to any length to bash and insult and lay the "blame on someone else". Truth hurts---but that's life!! Maybe it's about time they take off their "rose colored glasses" ---

Guest Inspector Poirot
...............It's just amazing that it has come to this ---- but you could see it coming.....

Starting with the youth levels......EVERYONE IS AN ALL STAR! In various youth leagues notice how many all-star teams are put together within just one organization. You have a A-Team, a B-Team, a C-Team etc., etc.,etc and that is for just one age group!!. Just about everyone makes an all-star team These kids acquire a mindset of being an all-star..........it's all about making "lil johnny" feel good ---- NOT about WORKING and EARNING something! Trophies are handed out like penny candy. There use to be a few true select Elite/Travel teams in the area.....now there are several....doesn't make those players too special or "elite" now does it....but they sure do feel good!!. Organizations don't want to exclude any one....... If a kid doesn't make a team.....why not instead teach him that he has to work harder or practice and set goals... build some character while your at it!! No......we make him an all-star. This occurs in all sports.....baseball,soccer,lacrosse, AAU basketball, it's the way it is now. Then problems arise when you get to a higher level and "lil johnny all-star" either doesn't make the team, or play. All of a sudden parents claim it's the "coach"...."my son got screwed", "how could this happen..he's been an all-star since he was 2 years old"....when in fact their "lil johnny" just doesn't have the talent, or drive. These kids AND parents are so use to being an "all-star" that when reality hits these same people will go to any length to bash and insult and lay the "blame on someone else". Truth hurts---but that's life!! Maybe it's about time they take off their "rose colored glasses" ---

Amen, Amen, Amen.

Guest Guest-ME

Amen, Amen, Amen.

Like I said and will repeat...no one likes these Sparents and Barret leads the pack as a bum!!! CASE CLOSED! For those who feel the need to submit thesis papers on how you back some of these idiots...you most likely are tied to that particular idiot and thus you are an idiot too...do me a huge favor, close your mouth because when it runs s___ just comes out of it and its annoying!!!

Like I said and will repeat...no one likes these Sparents and Barret leads the pack as a bum!!! CASE CLOSED! For those who feel the need to submit thesis papers on how you back some of these idiots...you most likely are tied to that particular idiot and thus you are an idiot too...do me a huge favor, close your mouth because when it runs s___ just comes out of it and its annoying!!!

OOOOOOOOH! You sure do have class!! And.....you're really showing your true character and intelligence!!

You know what, your problem is I bet no one really listens to you at home/work or takes you seriously. So inorder to be heard, and "feel good" about yourself.......you choose to blast people thru an anonymous forum.

And ................you've revealed to all on this forum...........that YOU ARE LIL JOHNNY'S DADDY!!!

Now, why don't you go out and play catch with Lil Johnny and impress upon him the rewards of hard work and goal setting. No......instead you'd rather sit on your fat butt and blast people that try to do positive things for the youth of this area!

NOW............CASE IS CLOSED

Guest Guest-ME
OOOOOOOOH! You sure do have class!! And.....you're really showing your true character and intelligence!!

You know what, your problem is I bet no one really listens to you at home/work or takes you seriously. So inorder to be heard, and "feel good" about yourself.......you choose to blast people thru an anonymous forum.

And ................you've revealed to all on this forum...........that YOU ARE LIL JOHNNY'S DADDY!!!

Now, why don't you go out and play catch with Lil Johnny and impress upon him the rewards of hard work and goal setting. No......instead you'd rather sit on your fat butt and blast people that try to do positive things for the youth of this area!

NOW............CASE IS CLOSED

What in God's name are you taking about...lil johnny's daddy?...first off I do not even have a child in any ME sports...you have been rambling on this post for days with your non-sense that no one cares to listen to...are you related to Barret 'the idiot' or any other of these stupid idiots that you list here? To be honest I don't have a remote interest in anything you keep spewing out of your mouth, all I am trying to say is that this list of parents are a bunch of freakin idiots who do no good for kids and only teach them how to cheat or do whatever it takes just to win...its win for them or go home and I have personally witnessed it. I am not going to get into to details but I am sure if I had as much free time as your stupid a** has on this board and relayed these types of incidents or stories maybe you would shut your mouth and stop praising these fools. You need to get a life...there close that case you dumb a**!!!

Sorry but I need to chime in on something here. Before you go patting all these parents on the back for volunteering let me add this. Most of the parents I know volunteered so johnny was assured the position he wanted, and play time. I am sure there is some parents who did it for the right reasons but I KNOW for a fact that is not the case with baseball at ME. How many times I heard-" well what can you do he's the coach's son"? And , I can guarantee this case will never be closed....

Archived