Obama Stimulus

Guest Guest

Guest Guest
The whole thing is in the total amount of the stimulus bill.....the bailouts are added into that number....pay attention...1+1=2....stimulus + bailout=800 billion dollars.

Until you can prove to me they are both the same, we are done. You don't know what you are talking about. But prove me wrong.

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are people spending now? Would people spend if they had another $25 a week in their paycheck? Where would they spend it? Wal-Mart? To buy Chinese goods?

They're not spending because of the nationalization of credit. With an extra $25/week or a little more or a stimulus rebate check people would have more confidence in the economy and the government. Right now, people are taking their money out of the stock market and not investing in their 401k accounts. This is forcing industry to cut because they're losing revenue. This is typical of market conditions when government interferes too much. Please, you sound like someone who can have a reasonable conversation. But, don't take my word for it, ask others who actually invest or work with investment firms. Every time Obama talks about more federal bailout initiatives, raising taxes on the so-called rich, and nationalizing a different industry, the market gets worse. Now, there is legislation to cap executive pay if stimulus money is attached. This, again, drains people of their confidence. Trust me, when you're old enough to be concerned with your 401 k and other retirement accounts, you'll understand more clearly.

Until you can prove to me they are both the same, we are done. You don't know what you are talking about. But prove me wrong.

Ok, Ok. You obviously aren't as smart as you're trying to make us believe. Hands down. You win. You're a genious!! We'll have to search high and low for proof. Thank you for playing.

I suggest you do the same. Let's not forget the GBO saying that the Republican plan will create twice the jobs in half the time for half the cost, all based on the models of Obama's advisors who disregarded their own knowledge in favor of appealing to Pelosi and Reid.

Guest Guest
They're not spending because of the nationalization of credit. With an extra $25/week or a little more or a stimulus rebate check people would have more confidence in the economy and the government. Right now, people are taking their money out of the stock market and not investing in their 401k accounts. This is forcing industry to cut because they're losing revenue. This is typical of market conditions when government interferes too much. Please, you sound like someone who can have a reasonable conversation. But, don't take my word for it, ask others who actually invest or work with investment firms. Every time Obama talks about more federal bailout initiatives, raising taxes on the so-called rich, and nationalizing a different industry, the market gets worse. Now, there is legislation to cap executive pay if stimulus money is attached. This, again, drains people of their confidence. Trust me, when you're old enough to be concerned with your 401 k and other retirement accounts, you'll understand more clearly.

The market has dropped 16.6% since inauguration day. All you have to do is watch the news....listen for Obama to speak..then watch the market....he opens his mouth and the market drops.....you can see it with your very own eyes.

Ok....lets make this easy for you.....in that package is money to BAILOUT banks so that they can LEND money to people. The problem is...they are NOT lending the money like they are supposed to.....they are buying up banks...therefore...not helping Americans get loans to buy cars, homes,etc....the bailouts are in fact part of this pathetic stimulus bill that is not going to help they everyday Joe.

The bailouts were an effort to stop what was causing the problems with the banks. They had too much tied up into assets that were no longer worth what they had been listed as. Read up on mark-to-market and you will understand. Under the new accounting measure, companies were forced to recognize losses as they happened on paper, not necessarily in reality which caused tremendous losses. Once again, the bailout was to fix the problems with the banks, the stimulus was touted as a way to increase employment without fixing what got us into this mess and investing in one time deal projects with the hopes that they would magically turn into long term employment.

The market has dropped 16.6% since inauguration day. All you have to do is watch the news....listen for Obama to speak..then watch the market....he opens his mouth and the market drops.....you can see it with your very own eyes.

On Friday, it had actually dropped over 20% since inauguration day, Obama has himself his very own Bear market, the first president to ever do it within the first 3 months.

Guest Guest
On Friday, it had actually dropped over 20% since inauguration day, Obama has himself his very own Bear market, the first president to ever do it within the first 3 months.

Well..I guess we should probably cut the guy some slack...after his shameful disrespect for Prime Minister Brown...Obama said he is tired and OVERWHELMED...Scary words coming from the president.

Guest Guest

I moved money out of the 401K in January 0f 2008, so don't assume. I saw this coming. Three months of decline was enough for me.

These rebate/stimulus check have been tried in the past and the only entity that seems to benefit is Wal-Mart, and the people who buy things from their that they don't need. The economic situation now is different. People are afraid to spend right now mostly based on fear. Not real fear, but what others tell them on the news and the internet.. There are some that are actually worried for their job, and rightfully so, but the American people as a whole do not educate themselves to reality and base their "education" on what others tell them.

Guest Guest

Well...everyday we have our president telling us the sky is falling. Of course that will scare people..We need a leader and it is not him.

@

Guest Guest
Ok, Ok. You obviously aren't as smart as you're trying to make us believe. Hands down. You win. You're a genious!! We'll have to search high and low for proof. Thank you for playing.

I guess you can't do it, can you. And this is your DELETED way of bailing out. Nice try on acting intelligent. Come back when you get there.

Guest country girl

March 6

President Barack Obama now has the distinction of presiding over his own bear market. The Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 20 percent since Inauguration Day through yesterday, the fastest drop under a newly elected president in at least 90 years. The Dow average dropped 31 percent since Obama’s election through yesterday.

@

Guest Guest
Well...everyday we have our president telling us the sky is falling. Of course that will scare people..We need a leader and it is not him.

You prefer being lied to?

He's been warning of this even before he got elected.

There are no surprises here unless you haven't been paying attention.

Guest Guest
You prefer being lied to?

He's been warning of this even before he got elected.

There are no surprises here unless you haven't been paying attention.

You land where you look. He doesn't have to lie about anything...there is a difference between lying and having a positive outlook.

Guest Guest
March 6

President Barack Obama now has the distinction of presiding over his own bear market. The Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 20 percent since Inauguration Day through yesterday, the fastest drop under a newly elected president in at least 90 years. The Dow average dropped 31 percent since Obama’s election through yesterday.

@

It dropped 42% between October of 08' and the time he took office. Try and broaden your mind a little.

I moved money out of the 401K in January 0f 2008, so don't assume. I saw this coming. Three months of decline was enough for me.

These rebate/stimulus check have been tried in the past and the only entity that seems to benefit is Wal-Mart, and the people who buy things from their that they don't need. The economic situation now is different. People are afraid to spend right now mostly based on fear. Not real fear, but what others tell them on the news and the internet.. There are some that are actually worried for their job, and rightfully so, but the American people as a whole do not educate themselves to reality and base their "education" on what others tell them.

Good thinking...January of '08. ...should have done the same. One of the real problems was the huge spike in gasoline over a prolonged period of time without anything being done about it. I do disagree with you slightly on some of what you state though. The rebate checks may indeed benefit the Wal-marts and such but the fact that income taxes at the upper levels are cut, really do stimulate growth. More so, clearly, than raising them at any level. Don't forget that many aren't spending because they're finding themselves in bankruptcy and are dealing with it through the courts. The housing crash has forced millions to halt spending and not seek credit. Take a look at the situation in those boom towns in Florida. Once million dollar homes are now 1/4 the price. But, no one will insure them and speculators certainly won't invest in them without insurance. That is not invented media fear. Would you agree?

Guest Guest
Warning of it, refusing to sign off on legislation to stop it, one in the same.

Legislation to stop it? What legislation would that be?

The last administration was warned about this in January of 2006 and did nothing to stop it. The shit had already hit the fan by the current administration got in office.

Stop what?

Guest country girl
It dropped 42% between October of 08' and the time he took office. Try and broaden your mind a little.

Is that your way of dancing around the subject? :rolleyes:

Guest Guest

Gee...did it have anything to do with him winning the election? His far left leaning ways?

Legislation to stop it? What legislation would that be?

The last administration was warned about this in January of 2006 and did nothing to stop it. The shit had already hit the fan by the current administration got in office.

Stop what?

Actually, you are wrong. The Bush administration proposed to move oversight of the two lending giants - Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac - out of the hands of Congress and HUD because they feared that the sitution was growing unstable. Barnie Frank disagreed vehemently and is quoted in many articles stating that there is no crisis. Unfortunately, not many paid attention and look at what has happened. Where is your evidence suggesting that the last admin. didn't do anything to stop it after a warning? A warning from whom?

I guess you can't do it, can you. And this is your DELETED way of bailing out. Nice try on acting intelligent. Come back when you get there.

LOL. Boy, you're a real brain surgeon, aren't you? Do you have a high school degree? How much education do you have? It is definitely worth my time hearing more from you. This is entertaining!

Guest Guest
Good thinking...January of '08. ...should have done the same. One of the real problems was the huge spike in gasoline over a prolonged period of time without anything being done about it. I do disagree with you slightly on some of what you state though. The rebate checks may indeed benefit the Wal-marts and such but the fact that income taxes at the upper levels are cut, really do stimulate growth. More so, clearly, than raising them at any level. Don't forget that many aren't spending because they're finding themselves in bankruptcy and are dealing with it through the courts. The housing crash has forced millions to halt spending and not seek credit. Take a look at the situation in those boom towns in Florida. Once million dollar homes are now 1/4 the price. But, no one will insure them and speculators certainly won't invest in them without insurance. That is not invented media fear. Would you agree?

I disagree with you about the growth. Where was the growth we saw in the last 8 years primarily? Real Estate? People borrowing money on the cheap (low interest rates) and flipping the property.

The price of gasoline was based on the futures of that commodity on Wall Street.

I believe a large part of the derivatives were held by AIG, and that's why they are asking for money - time and time again.

This whole mess, in my opinion can be based on one word. Greed. And the people who have made the most conservative decisions over the years are now going to be paying for this mess the most.

Archived