Things aren't so good in Charlotte NC

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

I like the paragraph that said, "Many of the buyers were African-Americans who were enticed by zero-down mortgages on moderately priced homes. The survey shows that lower-income families, single parents, seniors and people of color are disproportionately affected by the housing crisis."

Typical spin from the media. Take a minority cross-section of our population who have obviously exercised poorer than average judgement in their home purchases over the last several years. Then, spend the rest of the paragraph portraying them as victims, instead of grownups who should own up to their mistake.

Guest Just Lookin

Things in Charlotte, NC are definitely not so good. My sister lives down there and has for many years. Recently, her husband was laid off from work and can not find anything at all for another job no one is hiring. She has told me that 2 of her neighbors have suddenly lost their jobs as well. "Its like a switch was flipped" and this area is dying, she told me.

Guest cracker
Things in Charlotte, NC are definitely not so good. My sister lives down there and has for many years. Recently, her husband was laid off from work and can not find anything at all for another job no one is hiring. She has told me that 2 of her neighbors have suddenly lost their jobs as well. "Its like a switch was flipped" and this area is dying, she told me.

And Binghamton is different in what way?

Actually it sounds to me like you're willing to grab at any bad news from the south to make yourself feel better about being trapped in BC.

Sorry, but its still great down here. Love my still appreciating house, and extremely low taxes. Plus my high paying job is wonderful as well.

So...........hows it goin' up there?

Guest Just Lookin

Actually it sounds to me like you're willing to grab at any bad news from the south to make yourself feel better about being trapped in BC.

Sorry, but its still great down here. Love my still appreciating house, and extremely low taxes. Plus my high paying job is wonderful as well.

Binghamton, has its unemployment and lay offs, however we never experienced the "boom" that happened in the Charlotte area therefore we will never be "hit" as badly when the occasional lay offs occur.

For the record I'm not trapped in BC. In fact I live here because I CHOOSE to live here! I enjoy the change of seasons and the average warmth of summer time in the 70's. I prefer not to deal with the heat so bad in the middle of summer that you can't step foot outdoors until 9:00 at night which is fact my sister tells me about it each summertime. Before you come back bashing our winters..... In the winter it gets cold here but you know what? I put on an extra sweater and a warmer coat I still can go outdoors!

You might want to reassess your "appreciating home" because I'm willing to bet that is going to take a nose dive. Who would want a "used" home when there are brand news one sitting empty down there looking for an owner for the same or lesser price? How is that making your home appreciate? By the way you might want to enjoy your "high paying job" while you have it. The my brother in law also was in a high paying job with a well known good company in Charlotte. Guess what? The rug was pulled out from underneath him along with many others when the lay offs hit.

So........ be sure to let us know how its going down there in another few months

Find a local forum there, then. <_<

Guest guest
Binghamton, has its unemployment and lay offs, however we never experienced the "boom" that happened in the Charlotte area therefore we will never be "hit" as badly when the occasional lay offs occur.

For the record I'm not trapped in BC. In fact I live here because I CHOOSE to live here! I enjoy the change of seasons and the average warmth of summer time in the 70's. I prefer not to deal with the heat so bad in the middle of summer that you can't step foot outdoors until 9:00 at night which is fact my sister tells me about it each summertime. Before you come back bashing our winters..... In the winter it gets cold here but you know what? I put on an extra sweater and a warmer coat I still can go outdoors!

You might want to reassess your "appreciating home" because I'm willing to bet that is going to take a nose dive. Who would want a "used" home when there are brand news one sitting empty down there looking for an owner for the same or lesser price? How is that making your home appreciate? By the way you might want to enjoy your "high paying job" while you have it. The my brother in law also was in a high paying job with a well known good company in Charlotte. Guess what? The rug was pulled out from underneath him along with many others when the lay offs hit.

So........ be sure to let us know how its going down there in another few months

I read your note and couldn't even believe your thoughts. We haven't had the housing build up so that bust will be lighter but just because we didn't have the job gains didn't seem to matter as all we have had is layoffs for the last 20 years. Remember all the layoffs from IBM,GE etc. etc.? The other thing is a lot of people like the change of seasons,myself included,but that isn't the thing that makes this area bad and most people know it.

Guest Guest

Binghamton Sucks! Of course there isn't a market crash here, you need a housing demand for an appreciation to take place. Local leaders are bragging about how we didn't have a housing market crash, well... no DELETED, no one wants to live here..

Guest cracker

I'll be sure to let you know how it is here.

So you choose to live in an area that has not had any prosperity, nor will ever have a chance to see it.

You prefer to live where you have to work 7 months out of the year to meet your tax burden.

My job is recession proof. Nor can it be outsourced to another country.

Even if my area did take a hit in real estate, its still worth more the I paid for it. We still see real estate prices appreciating. Unlike BC where your home values are actually plummeting from what you paid a decade ago.

Hmmm, how about the sever toxic plume you all live on top of. Gotta love that.

Oh and wait, what about the excessive blight. You actually have to have a "blight coordinator" We never heard of such a ridiculous thing here.

And the ease of which welfare is handed out. Most states have far stricter regulations regarding that. But not NY. Hey lets just give it all away to the poor.

Talk about scenery!!! I love those great looking burned out historic buildings. On a quiet night you can hear them crumbling.

Well go put on a sweater (can't afford that $500.00 NYSEG bill) and take a nice scenic walk.

Even in the summer when I have my AC cranked, my electric doesn't even come close to NYSEG prices.

I can tell you've made a great CHOICE to stay there.

Great! Thanks for asking.

TWS

Guest Guest

WTF are you doing on this forum, DELETED?

Do all your neighbor's hate you?

Tough to pick out one thing, but THIS statement is utterly ridiculous:

Unlike BC where your home values are actually plummeting from what you paid a decade ago.

You haven't a clue WTF you're talking about.

However, enough time has been wasted on your sorry DELETED.

Go away.

I lived in NC for nine year (NINE LONG YEARS) and can tell you ,,, IM PROUD TO BE A YANKEE AND GLAD TO BE BACK NORTH OF THE MASON DIXON LINE...

I wasnt in charlotte, more towards the coast .. life is different, people are different .. and if ya born in Jersey .. well you will never be accepted there by good ol southerners per say (GOOD IN WHAT RESPECT?) ..

Im happy to be in Broome County .. i can go on and on about what is not good there... but wont take that up in an open forum. TYVM..

I love NY

(corny huh?)

Hope you HIGH PAYING job can afford you to send your kids to private schools. Public schools are ranked where, bottom 20 in the nation.

OH and for low taxes, yeah ... true and it shows in the schools as well as other tax provided services that we benefit from here in Broome county...

If they put all the money (that is donated to the church on every corner in NC) to schools and public services it might just be one of the top states in the union ... .... churches require members to donate 10% of there income ... FOR WHAT .. just to be as hypocritical as the rest of them ..

oh .. im just getting started ... dont sing the so called praises of the south unless you've experienced it ... not what its all cracked up to be.

Guest Guest
I'll be sure to let you know how it is here.

So you choose to live in an area that has not had any prosperity, nor will ever have a chance to see it.

You prefer to live where you have to work 7 months out of the year to meet your tax burden.

My job is recession proof. Nor can it be outsourced to another country.

Even if my area did take a hit in real estate, its still worth more the I paid for it. We still see real estate prices appreciating. Unlike BC where your home values are actually plummeting from what you paid a decade ago.

Hmmm, how about the sever toxic plume you all live on top of. Gotta love that.

Oh and wait, what about the excessive blight. You actually have to have a "blight coordinator" We never heard of such a ridiculous thing here.

And the ease of which welfare is handed out. Most states have far stricter regulations regarding that. But not NY. Hey lets just give it all away to the poor.

Talk about scenery!!! I love those great looking burned out historic buildings. On a quiet night you can hear them crumbling.

Well go put on a sweater (can't afford that $500.00 NYSEG bill) and take a nice scenic walk.

Even in the summer when I have my AC cranked, my electric doesn't even come close to NYSEG prices.

I can tell you've made a great CHOICE to stay there.

Congrats for being the Queen of Smarm.

Archived