Eliot Spitzers Wife

Guest GUEST

I feel sorry for her and wished she had just knocked him out cold in front of the whole world. She's an attractive woman but looks like she's aged 15 years in the last 2 days.

I FEEL SO BAD FOR THE KIDS MOST OF ALL. MY GOD WHAT WAS HE THINKING?? OH YEAH, WRONG HEAD!!!! :(

Guest concerned
I FEEL SO BAD FOR THE KIDS MOST OF ALL. MY GOD WHAT WAS HE THINKING?? OH YEAH, WRONG HEAD!!!! :(

Time to give Silda a break, she found out on Sunday about all of this. How do you digest all of this and tell your children. I can tell you from past experience that you go into shock, disbelief and what do I do. He's a controlling man and I'm sure forced her to stand with him, which she would do at this stage and being in a state of shock. No fun being in her shoes as you never expect to be in this situation. It was not a power thing with her, she has been very low profile during his time in power. My heart goes out to her and her children. I have four children and I can tell you that your first thought is getting your children through something like this, trying not to leave a lasting effect on them. Silda has a tough job on her hands, and down the road I think she'll divorce him. She will again find happiness, and so will her children.

Guest Guest
Time to give Silda a break, she found out on Sunday about all of this. How do you digest all of this and tell your children. I can tell you from past experience that you go into shock, disbelief and what do I do. He's a controlling man and I'm sure forced her to stand with him, which she would do at this stage and being in a state of shock. No fun being in her shoes as you never expect to be in this situation. It was not a power thing with her, she has been very low profile during his time in power. My heart goes out to her and her children. I have four children and I can tell you that your first thought is getting your children through something like this, trying not to leave a lasting effect on them. Silda has a tough job on her hands, and down the road I think she'll divorce him. She will again find happiness, and so will her children.

Several news reports have her urging Spitzer to fight on in order to retain his governorship. Tell me, who is the real prostitute here?

Guest Guest
Several news reports have her urging Spitzer to fight on in order to retain his governorship. Tell me, who is the real prostitute here?

Her only "crime" may be that she's too naive about the political realities. It's not always easy to see the situation you're in and all it's complexities until after you've stepped out of it.

Guest concerned

Just maybe she didn't think that her husband would do such a thing until all the facts came out after that first news conference. I know cases where the wife was absolutely the very last to know. Why their friends didn't want to tell them. If you looked at her yesterday she is looking at him with contempt. She doesn't need that scumbag and when she gets over the initial shock watch what happens. Look at what he told Bruno, what did he tell his wife? He learned they had him nailed on Friday and didn't tell her until Sunday. Interesting was he trying to find a way out?

Guest Guest

I'm guessing that the look on Spitz's wife's face was shock, stun, and incredulity.

Imagine not only living that life and knowing it's crashing and burning forever as a result of such stoopit behavoir that you can't control, but then having to face the national news media while they're recording your face for the pages of history.

Granted, she choose to stick by him, but she still faced the cameras nonetheless.

Guest Guest

What I would like to see is a politician show up without his wife and say: (1) she wanted to stand here with me; (2) I am grateful for her support; but (3) I told her “no” - I’m the one who failed and I’m the one who should bear the public scorn.

But that would require that one of these knuckleheads was, emotionally, a grown man.

If he had one shred of decency left, he would not have had her appear with him.This show of wife support is one more last ditch effort to have him look good.

He and he alone is responsible for his actions and he should stand there alone with no support whatsoever. It's bad enough what he has done to her life and the girls, why show her in this pathetic state for all to see.

Guest Guest
If he had one shred of decency left, he would not have had her appear with him.This show of wife support is one more last ditch effort to have him look good.

He and he alone is responsible for his actions and he should stand there alone with no support whatsoever. It's bad enough what he has done to her life and the girls, why show her in this pathetic state for all to see.

MY guess is that it was a joint decision they both made.

She may have figured she'd come this far with him and regardess of whether they stay together or not, she should see this out as a couple, too.

I don't feel sorry for her..she sticks by him..she should have slugged him right there on national television..but i guess money is greed

I can remember a documentary on the children of the super rich. Seems they prefer their own kind, because us peons do not understand them at all plus we do not have the cash to spend 2 or 3 thousand dollars for a night out on the town. Like they do. I cannot judge him, his world is very far removed from mine. I really thought he would be good for the state. It does not pay to have wealthy enemies.

Guest Guest
Just maybe she didn't think that her husband would do such a thing until all the facts came out after that first news conference. I know cases where the wife was absolutely the very last to know. Why their friends didn't want to tell them. If you looked at her yesterday she is looking at him with contempt. She doesn't need that scumbag and when she gets over the initial shock watch what happens. Look at what he told Bruno, what did he tell his wife? He learned they had him nailed on Friday and didn't tell her until Sunday. Interesting was he trying to find a way out?
My former wife had an affair with her boss and slept her way into a job. I was the last to know. The signs were there but I was a raised in a family that would never think of doing such a thing. So being said I was the last to know. everyone at her place of work knew and so did all of our friends. I was finally told by a friends wife who could not take the lies anymore.

I was in total shock and I have to say that people like her and the gov. are people that really do not know right from wrong and do not care who they hurt. They only care about themselves and they never change. To bad for the three daughters. THEY WILL NEVER RECOVER. I do not want to hear the phy BS saying they will be ok. It is a scar that never heals.

Guest Guest
My former wife had an affair with her boss and slept her way into a job. I was the last to know. The signs were there but I was a raised in a family that would never think of doing such a thing. So being said I was the last to know. everyone at her place of work knew and so did all of our friends. I was finally told by a friends wife who could not take the lies anymore.

I was in total shock and I have to say that people like her and the gov. are people that really do not know right from wrong and do not care who they hurt. They only care about themselves and they never change. To bad for the three daughters. THEY WILL NEVER RECOVER. I do not want to hear the phy BS saying they will be ok. It is a scar that never heals.

I wholeheartedly agree.

For normal teens, this sort of disaster can be very traumatic.

Can you imagine what it must be like for a Governor's daughters? This propels them into more of a spotlight than ever before. They'll have to live down and deal with the shame of their Dad's actions for the rest of their lives.

I can't imagine walking into school and knowing absolutely EVERYONE is talking about you behind your back, and never knowing if and when it will end.

If Daddy has a sex addition going on, statistics bear out that one of the three of them will also suffer as an adult.

Guest Guest

she will never divorse him. it's the money, the power and the prestige. do not think for one moment that this came as a surprise to her. why do you think that most jewish marriages are successful? it is because the wife will go out of her way to kep her husband happy, no matter what the cost. now his part of the deal is that he is not to make it obvious what he is doing. in this respect, he failed. but they will stay together, no doubt about. i will grant you that she was not born jewish, but she has assimulated well. that is why they will mend the bridge and carry on. gentiles will never understand this and i am not trying to educate you. just stating a fact.

Guest Guest
she will never divorse him. it's the money, the power and the prestige. do not think for one moment that this came as a surprise to her. why do you think that most jewish marriages are successful? it is because the wife will go out of her way to kep her husband happy, no matter what the cost. now his part of the deal is that he is not to make it obvious what he is doing. in this respect, he failed. but they will stay together, no doubt about. i will grant you that she was not born jewish, but she has assimulated well. that is why they will mend the bridge and carry on. gentiles will never understand this and i am not trying to educate you. just stating a fact.

Huh? You've described a "successful" marriage there?

He was born into a wealthy family. If she divorced him (and she sure has legitimate and verifiable grounds), getting half of what he's got still makes her a multimillionaire. Being a decent looking woman of her age, she could still attract someone of decent stature in the political or business world. And you can bet she's got contacts that lots of single, older businessmen would find useful.

Guest Guest
Huh? You've described a "successful" marriage there?

He was born into a wealthy family. If she divorced him (and she sure has legitimate and verifiable grounds), getting half of what he's got still makes her a multimillionaire. Being a decent looking woman of her age, she could still attract someone of decent stature in the political or business world. And you can bet she's got contacts that lots of single, older businessmen would find useful.

have you ever heard of pre-nuptial? even with the best of intentions, the rich take care of themselves. you have no clue what you are talking about. she will always be the wife of ex-goveror SPITZER. that makes her special.

Guest Guest
have you ever heard of pre-nuptial? even with the best of intentions, the rich take care of themselves. you have no clue what you are talking about. she will always be the wife of ex-goveror SPITZER. that makes her special.

like i said, it is a successful marriage

Archived