tracfone

Guest ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Guest ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

my daughter got a tracfone for her birthday.she said everyone has a cell phone but not her.she also said she would be happy with what ever kind of phone she had.so i felt sorry for her,so a couple of days before her 12th birthday she wanted to open 1 present.i gave her the phone.she freaked!it had over 400 minutes and she wanted to tell her bff's and her boyfried that she got a new phone,so i let her walk down the street to tell them.she showed her most best friend of all first.i saw the glee in her friends eyes that she wanted that phone.now mind you that was the one with a camera.so i let her take it to school the next day to show the rest of her friends that lived too far to walk to.she came home crying and i knew that her friend took her phone.i contacted my fater(a retired police officer)and told him what happened.he said he would get to the bottem of things.so my daughter went to school the next day and accused her friend of steeling her phone and got a black eye and cuts all over her body.what should i do.

Why does a 12 year old need a cell phone in the first place?
Thank you Im glad Im not the only one that feels that way. Also if this happened at school did they intervine? Lastly if you know who it was why arent you at their house right now?

my daughter got a tracfone for her birthday.she said everyone has a cell phone but not her.she also said she would be happy with what ever kind of phone she had.so i felt sorry for her,so a couple of days before her 12th birthday she wanted to open 1 present.i gave her the phone.she freaked!it had over 400 minutes and she wanted to tell her bff's and her boyfried that she got a new phone,so i let her walk down the street to tell them.she showed her most best friend of all first.i saw the glee in her friends eyes that she wanted that phone.now mind you that was the one with a camera.so i let her take it to school the next day to show the rest of her friends that lived too far to walk to.she came home crying and i knew that her friend took her phone.i contacted my fater(a retired police officer)and told him what happened.he said he would get to the bottem of things.so my daughter went to school the next day and accused her friend of steeling her phone and got a black eye and cuts all over her body.what should i do.

I wouldn't ask for suggestions/opinions on here.

TWS

Guest Guest

Tell school officials & the autorities as soon as possible.

It's true, the reason you would give a kid a cell phone and allow them to bring it to school is if they stay after - hours for activities often, not to brag about.

CAUTION: You do need to report this, because if some kid uses that stolen cell phone to call in a bomb threat at a local gov't building, the first thing police will do is track down the number/phone. Since it's prepaid, they go directly to either the credit card used for the purchase OR store security footage if you paid in cash. This system is in place so people can't just buy a cheap cell phone at a store and call in bomb threats and harass people without being caught.

dial *67 to block your number from appearing on the caller ID and then dial the phone number to see who answers! If you dont know how to do this, on a cell phone it will look like this *67###-#### all together and then hit send. it will come up unknown and maybe someone (maybe a 12 year old little girl) will be stupid enough to answer it!

Tell school officials & the autorities as soon as possible.

It's true, the reason you would give a kid a cell phone and allow them to bring it to school is if they stay after - hours for activities often, not to brag about.

CAUTION: You do need to report this, because if some kid uses that stolen cell phone to call in a bomb threat at a local gov't building, the first thing police will do is track down the number/phone. Since it's prepaid, they go directly to either the credit card used for the purchase OR store security footage if you paid in cash. This system is in place so people can't just buy a cheap cell phone at a store and call in bomb threats and harass people without being caught.

I second that. Lots of times stolen cell phones are used for other illegal activity as well. Call the police AND the cell phone provider at once. I learned this when my phone was stolen a few years ago. Also, once you do this, don't try to call the number yourself. Let the police handle it from there. Good luck.

Guest Guest

TROLL ALERT!

Guest Guest
Move to a different Trailer Park....immediately.

Now my 10 yr old has a cellphone because when he is away from me ( practice ) he can contact me if it ends early or whatever. Where we live ( rual setting) my kids walk to school and if there is a problem...

They use the phone maybe 15 mins a month.

I think you should contact the school and let them handle it, most of the time the do ok with getting property back, If no avil with that I think you should contact the police and have the police talk to the parents

Guest Guest
I think you should contact the school and let them handle it, most of the time the do ok with getting property back, If no avil with that I think you should contact the police and have the police talk to the parents

The school will say cellphones do not belong here and if one was lost or stolen we are sorry all you can do is post a sign on the board and see what happens. Lesson learned not to brag and not to bring it to school and if you do hide it in your locker with it on viberate. But then we all know that kids will be kids thats why parents have to be the responable one.

First off, Tracfone is horrible, and a pain in the a$$ to deal with if you ever have any problems... so don't bother to contact them, as there is nothing they can do for you....

Before going to authorities, I would first contact the school if there truly was a physical altercation, as they should know about it, and if it happened at school they should deal with that part of it and discipline the offender(s).

As for the phone, I would take a trip to the 'friend' who stole the phone's home and visit their parents. Unless they are total scumbags, they may be interested to know this, as they probably don't know anything about it, and then you will probably get the phone back, and they will probably beat the crap out of their adorable little one... if that doesn't work, then go to the authorities.

I hope you were smart enough to write down your tracfone's serial number.... that will certainly help to identify it if anyone has doubts about it.

ACiD

I feel bad that a 12 yr. old had to go through this type of experience. Having said that, why in the world does she need a cell? This cell phone craze is so annoying that it drives me nuts. My guess is that she wanted the phone so she could take it around and try to make other kids jealous. She still didn't deserve to have it stolen, but perhaps there is a lesson for her in all this.

I missed that. Probably have a baby by the time she's 16

You have a lot of nerve scumbag to judge a CHILD that you know nothing about simply because she has a cell phone? You must be a real dirt bag I’m 23 and I had a cell phone at the age of 13 only one year older than that child. And I still to this day do not have Any children, It’s called morals Which judging from your post you have little to none of , I’m sorry your parents didn’t raise you right but better luck with your children hopefully you don’t raise them to be like you, We have enough idiots in this world no need for more

And as far as Bragging goes it’s what children do when I got my first phone I showed all of my friends as well

Guest slowpoke
You have a lot of nerve scumbag to judge a CHILD that you know nothing about simply because she has a cell phone? You must be a real dirt bag I’m 23 and I had a cell phone at the age of 13 only one year older than that child. And I still to this day do not have Any children, It’s called morals Which judging from your post you have little to none of , I’m sorry your parents didn’t raise you right but better luck with your children hopefully you don’t raise them to be like you, We have enough idiots in this world no need for more

And as far as Bragging goes it’s what children do when I got my first phone I showed all of my friends as well

I agree with debbers, having a cell phone at age 12 does not mean she is going to be pregnant at 16. I have 3 children, aged 12 and 2-9 year olds, and they all have a cell phone. We have incorporated "rules" for their cellphones. Their mother and I work different shifts, and this way they have contact with at least one of us, whenever they need it. My kids have good morals, and don't abuse the phones.

Guest Guest

Its the 21 st century folks and the technology has been here for years!

First of all stealing is stealing i would call the parents first if i didnt get immediate action then call the police to end it all.

she got a black eye and all you did is call the parent who was a retired cop? Lol all cops think just because they carry a tin and are in the brotherhood that they are above the law, you really need to take action and file a foormal complaint so that its on record.

Guest Guest
Its the 21 st century folks and the technology has been here for years!

First of all stealing is stealing i would call the parents first if i didnt get immediate action then call the police to end it all.

she got a black eye and all you did is call the parent who was a retired cop? Lol all cops think just because they carry a tin and are in the brotherhood that they are above the law, you really need to take action and file a foormal complaint so that its on record.

Your reading comprehension skills are really top notch.

The OP said HER "fater" was a cop, not the thief's.

And yet, you had to jump on the bashing bandwagon.

Guest Guest

So did you have a Boyfriend at the age of 12!!!!

Guest Guest
So did you have a Boyfriend at the age of 12!!!!
What a joke. Kids have "boyfriends" and "girlfriends" all the time. Doesn't mean they're having sex or even kissing for that matter. Jesus!!!

Archived