Gas Prices

Guest Malado

Guest slowpoke
heard it was going to be about $4.00 by summer

Come on good old USA - lets get more refineries going.

yeah....what she said!! (can't stop thinking how lucky her old man is)

NY State is taxed 0.48 per gallon, 4th highest in the country. Write your senators (the ones NOT running for the Presidency) and your congressmen and ask to lessen the tax. I'm sure they will think about it for almost a whole second before throwing any such request out.

Guest Guest
NY State is taxed 0.48 per gallon, 4th highest in the country. Write your senators (the ones NOT running for the Presidency) and your congressmen and ask to lessen the tax. I'm sure they will think about it for almost a whole second before throwing any such request out.

Are you aware that Exxon/Mobil posted history setting profits for the last year??

I'm sure you have plenty of excuses and apologies lined up for them, ready to copy and paste here.

Git 'r dun, dude.

Guest Dane Cook

Write one to Spitzer, oh wait never mind :rolleyes:

Guest exxon
heard it was going to be about $4.00 by summer

Come on good old USA - lets get more refineries going.

wouldn't lower the price a penny.

Are you aware that Exxon/Mobil posted history setting profits for the last year??

I'm sure you have plenty of excuses and apologies lined up for them, ready to copy and paste here.

Git 'r dun, dude.

Excuses and apologies for what? That we're getting gouged by fat cats and politicians? That gas prices will NEVER go back down because too many people profit from it? Idiot.

Guest Guest

I remember during the presidential debates in 2000 that Bush said that he would control gas prices (keeping them low) by picking up the phone and calling his freinds in 'Saudi Arabia and talking to them.

I sure do hope he makes that phone call soon!

Well said Malado!

Perhaps in addition to pressing for relief on the taxes we can push congress and other states for a little uniformity in the blends. I mean they like 30 some odd different blends for various states and regions in our country. As if the emissions from cars don't blow across state lines.?.

If we could get that down to 2 or 3 different blends we could probably save a few pennies, ya think?

Guest Guest
Excuses and apologies for what? That we're getting gouged by fat cats and politicians? That gas prices will NEVER go back down because too many people profit from it? Idiot.

I'm always impressed by people who have the DELETED to call posters on an anonymous message board infantile names.

You sure have changed my way of looking at things.

Guest Fights
Well said Malado!

Perhaps in addition to pressing for relief on the taxes we can push congress and other states for a little uniformity in the blends. I mean they like 30 some odd different blends for various states and regions in our country. As if the emissions from cars don't blow across state lines.?.

If we could get that down to 2 or 3 different blends we could probably save a few pennies, ya think?

:blink::blink::blink::blink::blink: ................................................................................

........... :blink::mellow: Sounds Perfect :huh:

Guest Guest

Free market forces are at work, and the suppliers figured out that they have us by the short hairs. Knowing that technology is about to decrease consumption dramatically, I'm betting they decided to give a good run for all were worth while we still don't have too many options. It'll keep going up until demand goes down vis a vis people consuming less cause they can't afford to drive suburbans anymore and have to buy hybrids.

You don't hear much in the headlines about hoe the price of trucking is skyrocketing adding to the costs of everything! Even ocean freight is going up quickly so all our cheap chinese imports are going up too.

Advice - buy local - and get a car with great milage.

Guest Guest

Git 'r dun, dude.

Nope got none they need non they do the work they produce you want to buy there is their excuse.

Your state says errrr give me my cut for doing nothing but saying give me my cut.

We shall ask your boss to cut his profit margin so as to not pay as much for his product.

Guest Guest
:blink::blink::blink::blink::blink: ................................................................................

........... :blink::mellow: Sounds Perfect :huh:

Hey Mr. blink you are a very short sighted person if you don't think that his comment about all the blends demanded by our infantile congress doesn't make one hell of a difference in the price we are paying at the pump.

FOR SALE

2002 Dodge Dakota - 4x4 - Quad Cab ( 4 full doors ) - sport package - 5.9 Turbo ( largest they made for this vehicle ) - tow package - loaded - extra's - top condition - $16,000 ( great gas milage --- 12 in city and 16 on highway - towing is about 7 in city and 10 on highway )

WANTED

Honda Civic - 2 door - 3cyl wanted but will consider 4cyl - good condition or better - year does not matter as long as it get about 50 miles to a gallon --- ( Big Bonus if it has peddles hook up to chain that drives the wheel to increase gas milage that would be great - a win win - as the work out would be good for leg muscles )

FOR SALE

2002 Dodge Dakota - 4x4 - Quad Cab ( 4 full doors ) - sport package - 5.9 Turbo ( largest they made for this vehicle ) - tow package - loaded - extra's - top condition - $16,000 ( great gas milage --- 12 in city and 16 on highway - towing is about 7 in city and 10 on highway )

WANTED

Honda Civic - 2 door - 3cyl wanted but will consider 4cyl - good condition or better - year does not matter as long as it get about 50 miles to a gallon --- ( Big Bonus if it has peddles hook up to chain that drives the wheel to increase gas milage that would be great - a win win - as the work out would be good for leg muscles )

$75 to fill mine Ill take a honda too.

They'll be another CONVOY very soon...and the prices will go down and the oil baron's will be forced to give up some profits in fear of not have a good year.

The only problem is, we as Americans have allowed this, we've become lazy, want money money for doing less and try to get as much as we can for useless crap.

We only have ourselves to blame.

Any takers on the Dodge ?

Guest Guest
Time to get a horse and buggy
problem is the hay and grain to feed the horse are shipped by truck or rail either uses diesel so you can not afford to feed the horse and if you let it eat the tce toxit grass the horse will get cancer i love ny

Archived