Debbie Preston would beat Barbara Fiala.

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Everyone on BC Voice is a registered Republican, so you can't use that to make yourself sound different from another poster. We are all conservatives here, and we all like and support Debbie Preston.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest-Dianne Deeter-*

Ok so it is obvious from my previous unsuccessful posts that I am not a regular BC Voicer, but I will again try to reply to this quote. Due to the content of the post I am replying to I personally feel that it was submitted by Ms. Preston or a friend of hers, and I will not allow her to destroy the reputation that my father has built for the Court.

Being the Judge in Conkin is not a position to quit your day job for. The pay is considerably lower compared to other towns and you get phone calls in the middle of the night to go out for arraignments (often more than once). When the town decreased from two Judges to one, it obviously increased the work load considerably, but they pay was only minimally increased. I often wondered why my father would want to stay in position that paid so little for such a great deal of work, and the political BS that you have to deal with, such as when a new supervisor comes in who does not think very highly of you. Well this is what I have realized about my father that I would like to share with you:

My father is a retired Marine, retired New York State Trooper and has proudly served our Town as the Judge for the past 28 years. He is a very proud, honest and genuine man who has gained the respect of the community, attorneys and even defendants. He is liked by many, and disliked by some, as we all are. He ran for office because of his love for the law, justice system and the community. My mother expertly served as the Clerk for Judge Ives and my father for 13 years prior to this. My parents are amazing people who would give the shirt off their back to help someone. They have worked very hard to provide for their family and to bring us up with morals and values. His Court has run efficiently and without problem for 28 years. It is extremely unfortunate that this had to occur, but look around people, things are different in the world. People are not what they used to be. This event cannot be blamed on my father, or Ms. Preston for that matter. The only person to blame is the defendant herself!! It is true that my father knew this girl. She went to high school with me and lived on the same street as us for years. And if I was an employer I would rather hire somebody that I already knew for a position (especially one with access to so much confidential information) instead of someone off the street. Everyone has choices and we must all be held accountable for their own actions. I mean really, it is implied as if my father knew this would happen. Actually, just like the rest of the residents of Conklin, he really knew that the flood of 2006 was going to be as devastating as it was, but chose to let his entire belongings get destroyed.

Ms. Preston's quest to gain control over the Court and my father began when she first came into office. Unfortunately, she was unsuccessful, because I would have loved to read whose fault it was then!! The bottom line is as unfortunate as things may be, they happen. Clearly it is not my father's fault that his clerk decided to steal, just as it is not part of the town's fault that Ms. Preston was elected.

People are entitled to their own opinions. My father however has always been one to keep his opinions to himself and just go about his business. I did not inherit those genes. Some may read this reply and respond negatively and for those of you who may know me, you will know that I really don't care what you may think. I, as well as many others, know in my heart that my father is an honest and just man. I am proud to be his daughter and I am proud to say that he has been the Judge in the Town of Conklin for 28 years.

Guest Guest

I'm afraid you're going to have to face up to these facts:

1. This is a conservative community. No liberal has a chance in h@ll of being elected to any public office in BC.

2. People love and respect Debbie Preston.

3. In her race against ultra-liberal Barbara Fiala, Debbie Preston will win by a landslide.

These are simply the facts.

Guest guest
I'm afraid you're going to have to face up to these facts:

1. This is a conservative community. No liberal has a chance in h@ll of being elected to any public office in BC.

2. People love and respect Debbie Preston.

3. In her race against ultra-liberal Barbara Fiala, Debbie Preston will win by a landslide.

These are simply the facts.

I disagree, not that I think Barb Fiala is much better. But hey at least she would be out of Conklin!!!

Guest Guest

Debbie Preston is the Chairwoman of the Broome County Republican Party. If you think for one second that Tom Libous would have allowed her to take this position if she had anything bad in her past, you are sadly mistaken. She is a real conservative and a strong leader. She will defeat Barbara Fiala.

Guest Guest
Debbie Preston is the Chairwoman of the Broome County Republican Party. If you think for one second that Tom Libous would have allowed her to take this position if she had anything bad in her past, you are sadly mistaken. She is a real conservative and a strong leader. She will defeat Barbara Fiala.

do you think for one minute that tom libous has nothing in his past? you are the fool, sir

Guest Guest

If Libous does have something in his past, why haven't you or anyone else reported it?

Debbie Preston will defeat Barbara Fiala. That's the simple truth.

Guest guest1
Ok so it is obvious from my previous unsuccessful posts that I am not a regular BC Voicer, but I will again try to reply to this quote. Due to the content of the post I am replying to I personally feel that it was submitted by Ms. Preston or a friend of hers, and I will not allow her to destroy the reputation that my father has built for the Court.

Being the Judge in Conkin is not a position to quit your day job for. The pay is considerably lower compared to other towns and you get phone calls in the middle of the night to go out for arraignments (often more than once). When the town decreased from two Judges to one, it obviously increased the work load considerably, but they pay was only minimally increased. I often wondered why my father would want to stay in position that paid so little for such a great deal of work, and the political BS that you have to deal with, such as when a new supervisor comes in who does not think very highly of you. Well this is what I have realized about my father that I would like to share with you:

My father is a retired Marine, retired New York State Trooper and has proudly served our Town as the Judge for the past 28 years. He is a very proud, honest and genuine man who has gained the respect of the community, attorneys and even defendants. He is liked by many, and disliked by some, as we all are. He ran for office because of his love for the law, justice system and the community. My mother expertly served as the Clerk for Judge Ives and my father for 13 years prior to this. My parents are amazing people who would give the shirt off their back to help someone. They have worked very hard to provide for their family and to bring us up with morals and values. His Court has run efficiently and without problem for 28 years. It is extremely unfortunate that this had to occur, but look around people, things are different in the world. People are not what they used to be. This event cannot be blamed on my father, or Ms. Preston for that matter. The only person to blame is the defendant herself!! It is true that my father knew this girl. She went to high school with me and lived on the same street as us for years. And if I was an employer I would rather hire somebody that I already knew for a position (especially one with access to so much confidential information) instead of someone off the street. Everyone has choices and we must all be held accountable for their own actions. I mean really, it is implied as if my father knew this would happen. Actually, just like the rest of the residents of Conklin, he really knew that the flood of 2006 was going to be as devastating as it was, but chose to let his entire belongings get destroyed.

Ms. Preston's quest to gain control over the Court and my father began when she first came into office. Unfortunately, she was unsuccessful, because I would have loved to read whose fault it was then!! The bottom line is as unfortunate as things may be, they happen. Clearly it is not my father's fault that his clerk decided to steal, just as it is not part of the town's fault that Ms. Preston was elected.

People are entitled to their own opinions. My father however has always been one to keep his opinions to himself and just go about his business. I did not inherit those genes. Some may read this reply and respond negatively and for those of you who may know me, you will know that I really don't care what you may think. I, as well as many others, know in my heart that my father is an honest and just man. I am proud to be his daughter and I am proud to say that he has been the Judge in the Town of Conklin for 28 years.

I am a resident of conklin and also know your father. This was well said and if I know him he will continue to hold his head high and move foward. Not only in his career, but in his life time, he has carried bigger burdens than this. He has my utmost respect, as well as many others in this town who have known him. Keep up the good work Mr. Bishop... this to will pass.

Guest Guest
she was fired from A P WAGNER thats were her trouble is big time

do tell us, WHY WS SHE FIRED? was she doing the troops or did she steal money?

Guest Guest
do tell us, WHY WS SHE FIRED? was she doing the troops or did she steal money?

she was doing something to help pay her boyfriends bills and her husband found out and kicked her out of her house

Guest Guest
she was doing something to help pay her boyfriends bills and her husband found out and kicked her out of her house

did her husband own the business? you are saying that she was or is an adultress. YES? was she stealing from her husband to support her boyfriend? she looks awfully hard and slut like, if you know what i mean.

Guest Guest
did her husband own the business? you are saying that she was or is an adultress. YES? was she stealing from her husband to support her boyfriend? she looks awfully hard and slut like, if you know what i mean.

she was embezzling to pay for her boyfriends car...... husband found out and he turned her in to her employer

Guest What???

Not too many people "love and respect" Debbie Preston! She uses people and stomps all over them to get what she wants.

The last few posts sound like Michaelene - she has her nose so far up Preston's - - - , she can't see daylight. And yes, she owes her "chairmanship" to Libous and his staff. She doesn't have a clue what to do. I can't wait until November - she's busy running Conklin, busy running for re-election & busy running the Party. What part of that equasion will go down the drain??

I don't think anyone is criticizing the judge for what happened. It was a very heartfelt response from his daughter.

Guest Registered Republican
Everyone on BC Voice is a registered Republican, so you can't use that to make yourself sound different from another poster. We are all conservatives here, and we all like and support Debbie Preston.

i am a registered republican and I don't like Debbie Preston I like Barbara.

Guest Guest
Not too many people "love and respect" Debbie Preston! She uses people and stomps all over them to get what she wants.

The last few posts sound like Michaelene - she has her nose so far up Preston's - - - , she can't see daylight. And yes, she owes her "chairmanship" to Libous and his staff. She doesn't have a clue what to do. I can't wait until November - she's busy running Conklin, busy running for re-election & busy running the Party. What part of that equasion will go down the drain??

I don't think anyone is criticizing the judge for what happened. It was a very heartfelt response from his daughter.

And this sounds like DELETED are your feelings still hurt? Get over yourself.

Guest Guest

Here are the plain and simple facts:

1. Debbie Preston is a strong conservative leader. Barbara Fiala is a weak liberal loser.

2. Broome County is a very conservative place. No liberal could ever win an election here when they are forced to run against a real conservative.

3. Therefore, Debbie Preston will defeat Barbara Fiala when she runs against her for County Executive this fall.

Guest Another Guest

If these ridiculous posts are being used to float a "trial balloon" for Preston to run for County Exec, I think she better forget it. Especially if she has a questionable past. How can she manage County finances? And I understand that her daughter's house is being foreclosed on. Being bad with money must run in the family.

There is no way she would beat Fiala. At least Barb has some class.

Archived