Nissan Murano?

cupkate

Does anyone have a Nissan Murano? If so is it a good car? We need to get an SUV and have narrowed it down to that or a Toyota Highlander.

I don't know anything about the Murano, I never drove one but I always liked them. Let me know what you decide and if you get one how you like it.

I don't know anything about the Murano, I never drove one but I always liked them. Let me know what you decide and if you get one how you like it.

I test drove one today and it was really nice. I know Nissans are good cars ( I have an Altima now) but I'm leaning more toward a Highlander. My husband really wants the Nissan though. I'll definitely let you know if that's what we wind up with.

Buy american ...

I will always drive a toyota or a Nissan...both of them are the best cars I've had. I just got rid of a 16 year old Corolla that never had any work done on it 9other than routine tires brakes etc.) and it looked and drove better than my mom's 2000 Chevy.

Guest Guest
I will always drive a toyota or a Nissan...both of them are the best cars I've had. I just got rid of a 16 year old Corolla that never had any work done on it 9other than routine tires brakes etc.) and it looked and drove better than my mom's 2000 Chevy.
BE AMERICAN BUY AMERICAN OR GET THE HELL OUT

sold 1996 chevy 4x4 extended cab with 279000 miles on it just before we moved, wish we could find one here without the rust ... still kicking ourselves ...

ran and drove like new..

one good thing about the south .. NO RUST

If an American car was of the same quality as a Japanese car (which are actually assembled in the United States) I would buy one. But I'd rather spend my money on the best product out there and if it happens to be from Japan or India or anyplace else then so be it.

Guest Guest Murano

We have owned two Muranos...the first one we got the first year it came out and there were some recalls and some glitches (not unusual for the first year of a new model), we were able to turn it in after only a year of the lease due to those issues. The second one was great, no problems and we loved the size, way it drove and fuel efficiency. We just turned it in for a Pathfinder because we have a bigger family now and need a third row of seats, otherwise we would have leased a third Murano. My husband is the same way, has only drove Nissans for the last 15 years and plans to keep on driving them!

Does anyone have a Nissan Murano? If so is it a good car? We need to get an SUV and have narrowed it down to that or a Toyota Highlander.

Before you buy one open up the gas tank door and look to see if it says high octane only!!

friend of mine in buffalo has one and when he went to get gas he noticed it said hi octane.

Desperate statement from the blindly patriotic. If American cars were as good as Japanese cars, then Chrysler wouldn't be shutting down their plants for 2 weeks this coming July to save money.

Desperate statement from the blindly patriotic. If American cars were as good as Japanese cars, then Chrysler wouldn't be shutting down their plants for 2 weeks this coming July to save money.

SO INSTEAD OF FUTURE SHUT DOWNS BUILD A BETTER CAR EQUAL OR BETTER THAN IMPORTS.

ALL USA AUTOS HAVE FOREIGN BUILT PARTS IN THEM TO BEGIN WITH, KINDA HARD TO FIND THE TRUE 100% BUILT AMERICAN AUTO.

OUR ENGINES, TRANI'S ARE EQUAL TO MOST IMPORTS. THE PROBLEM LIES IN ELECTRICAL, BODY HARDWARE AND SUSPENSION. FORMER GM AND CHRYLSER OWNER.

Guest Guest
Before you buy one open up the gas tank door and look to see if it says high octane only!!

friend of mine in buffalo has one and when he went to get gas he noticed it said hi octane.

My mother-in-law has one. She has the same complaint. I guess she likes everything else though.

I test drove one today and it was really nice. I know Nissans are good cars ( I have an Altima now) but I'm leaning more toward a Highlander. My husband really wants the Nissan though. I'll definitely let you know if that's what we wind up with.

I had a Highlander as a rental car once. I had it for a month and loved it.

Guest guest

The Toyota Highlander is a better vehicle. The Murano is O.K., but burns high test gas according to Consumer Reports. That's a problem with higher operating costs than the Highlander. Also, the Binghamton Toyota dealer (Jack Sherman) has much better service then the Vestal Nissan dealership. I have owned both Toyota and Nissan vehicles and find Toyota to be a better experience.

Guest Guest

Gotta love those corollas. They run forever. I had one that I bought used. The thing ran and ran and ran and was so cheap on fuel it was fantastic. The only downfall was although the prior owner kept it mechanically sound, he never once washed it and it rusted out pretty bad. I got rid of it when I came home one day and my hubby came running up to the car and hopped on the bumper and bounced and the bumper was so rusty it fell off.

For years I drove nothing but Toyota 4x4 trucks. 200000-300000 miles is not a big deal on them, but if I had to get an American vehicle it would be a Ford, because every GM/Dodge owner I know has replaced transmissions around 100000. 4 different 'yota trucks (all were driven off-road a lot) and not one replaced tranny. I recently got a Jeep cherokee 4x4 and have replaced the starter, the oil pump and the clutch (185000) so how are American vehicles built as well as Japanese or German?

Archived