• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest big dog
Jamie Butler from Vestal- Binghamton Baseball

Jeremy Baltz from Vestal- St. Johns Baseball

Pat Talbut from Vestal- St. Johns Baseball

Brian Stinson from CV - Le Moyne Baseball

Justin Topa from CV - I believe Long Island for baseball (either Long Island or Rhode Island)

Andrew Barbarino from M-E - Hofstra Baseball

Laura Mastro from M-E is going to I think Ohio for field hockey...she's going somewhere for DI field hockey.

Nicole Osovski from M-E is going to Hofstra for softball

Megan Jacoby from M-E is going to UConn for cross country I think.

I live in the M-E district and have a kid who knows these guys from other schools so thats how I know. There are more but here are some

Jared Veruto - Northeastern

Guest Guest
Jared Veruto - Northeastern

What Class of 2010 student-athletes will be going D1 or going to college to play sports? Any1 know yet?

Guest Guest
Chris Hayen....BU Soccer

Tyler Bailey....BU Soccer

Cha Cha Naito....NJIT Soccer

what about baseball/softball for the class of 2010?

Guest guest

Not sure....I do know there are three local kids committed to BU for soccer:

Mike Weaver

Luke Halberg

Tommy Moon

Guest Guest
Maybe this doesn't apply to you Bruno but, at CState we used to pound the non competitive Bearcats like it was our job.

Yeah, now you work for 'em

Guest guest
Yeah, now you work for 'em

Well, I am not Bruno....but I guess that was then and this is now....BU's mens team is a top 45 in the country D1 and C-State's mens (coming off their best year in a while) team is also a resectable 47th in D3....however it wouldn't be much of a match anymore.

Guest Guest

"Wow, there is such ignorance here. Binghamton University is one of the top 10 public universities in the entire nation. It's considered the 'public ivy' by many, and also is known as a 'premiere public'.... that's public, as in a state school... fool. Just try to get in there now, there are over 35,000 students vying for a mere 2000 openings in the freshman class. Take a look at their website. Educate yourself... or to help you understand more easily"

So right and so wrong! The public ivy thing is a joke. Binghamton University could not be further from any private school and is certainly most dissimilar to the top private schools. Actually it is a nasty cold place, in my opinion, and I would not be surprised if the majority of those on campus hate it. The college administration is as cold as the winters. It is a good buy like Walmart. Good buy does not mean an excellent school. With the current economy, many families are being forced to cut back. Even during the good economy (in the rest of the country experienced for the last 20 years but never for Binghamton) many chose Binghamton because it was cheap. The huge number of applicants is a farce and is not an indicator of the quality of the school. The school attracts people looking for a good deal and an efficient education. Those interested in scholarship rather than efficiency make other selections. And, yes Broome County is filled with ignorance.

Guest guest
"Wow, there is such ignorance here. Binghamton University is one of the top 10 public universities in the entire nation. It's considered the 'public ivy' by many, and also is known as a 'premiere public'.... that's public, as in a state school... fool. Just try to get in there now, there are over 35,000 students vying for a mere 2000 openings in the freshman class. Take a look at their website. Educate yourself... or to help you understand more easily"

So right and so wrong! The public ivy thing is a joke. Binghamton University could not be further from any private school and is certainly most dissimilar to the top private schools. Actually it is a nasty cold place, in my opinion, and I would not be surprised if the majority of those on campus hate it. The college administration is as cold as the winters. It is a good buy like Walmart. Good buy does not mean an excellent school. With the current economy, many families are being forced to cut back. Even during the good economy (in the rest of the country experienced for the last 20 years but never for Binghamton) many chose Binghamton because it was cheap. The huge number of applicants is a farce and is not an indicator of the quality of the school. The school attracts people looking for a good deal and an efficient education. Those interested in scholarship rather than efficiency make other selections. And, yes Broome County is filled with ignorance.

WOW....guess you don't like BU??!! Hard to debate, quality school for little money. Enjoy your tax moeny at work....let's jsut hate all SUNY schools!! Why ever offer a kid the chance to go to school for less than $40,000+ a year?? Let's close any school that is not over 40 grand and let's make it so all kids have to apply to ivy schools only....there, we'll fix thos BU and SUNY people for good!!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Guest
Not sure....I do know there are three local kids committed to BU for soccer:

Mike Weaver

Luke Halberg

Tommy Moon

there might be one or two baseball players from me, but that is about it. no other local schools have any talent. not sure about softball, possibly one or two from sv or cv.

Guest Guest
D1 football. Yeah, the school he is going to is a real D1 football powerhouse.

www.setonhalftimetragedy.com

How will his teammates react the first time he has one of his crying fits on the field?

Lets just say he's going to a small D1 school in Staten Island. It is not a powerhouse, lets not exaggerate.

Guest Guest
there might be one or two baseball players from me, but that is about it. no other local schools have any talent. not sure about softball, possibly one or two from sv or cv.

Barbarino - ME - Hofstra

Baltz - Vestal - St. John's

Talbut - Vestal - St. John's

Danaher - Vestal - Binghamton University

Mangouri - Vestal - Binghamton University

Guest guest

Barbarino - ME - Hofstra

This is so great for the kids but really why do people care so much?

Guest Guest
Wrong class, That was the class of 2009. I believe Baltz graduated this year, unless he did not make it

Guest guest
Barbarino - ME - Hofstra

This is so great for the kids but really why do people care so much?

People care....at lease I do....as it is great to follow local kids as they move on. Many of us have coached or at least traveled with or even had kids play against various kids that are now moving on to play college ball at a very good level and it is fun to follow how they do....it is one of the great things about the internet.

Archived