Good job, SUNY! You're responsible adults, aren't you?

Guest Guest-Barney Fife-*

Guest Guest
I think the protesters were way out of line yesterday and think they need to take a step back and start to respect authority. you can respect the laws and still protest. But that being said, I think to generalize all BU students is as stupid as the BU students referring to the locals as hicks. We all need to co exist in this area. Niether the area nor the University can survive without the other. Please BU students, do not judge the locals and the area based on the idiotic rants of some of the losers on here. Most of us appreciate what you all bring to the area and we hope you enjoy your time here.

The vestal police are the worse. I was pulled over for no reason. He said my seat belt was off and it was on. I didn't get a ticket because I didn't do anything but what kind of police force just pulls people over for having long hair, that's why I think he pulled me over. we all know that people with long hair are up to no good. This country sucks unless you play the game. I have money. I refuse to play the game . Shove it.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest
You've got to be kidding me. You didn't get it then, and you don't get it now. Go support George some more, knock yourself out.

@

Exactly. Today the Bungler in Chief told us the fight has been longer and more costly than we expected at first.

If the surge worked so well, why did the Bungler in Chief wait 4 years to use one?

Why didn't he put more boots on the ground at the beginning like he and Rummy were told? They were idiots to ignore the Pentagon's best advice.

The vestal police are the worse. I was pulled over for no reason. He said my seat belt was off and it was on. I didn't get a ticket because I didn't do anything but what kind of police force just pulls people over for having long hair, that's why I think he pulled me over. we all know that people with long hair are up to no good. This country sucks unless you play the game. I have money. I refuse to play the game . Shove it.

listen many people have been pulled over for something silly. you are not the first, you are not the last. but you need to get over it and move on with your life. using your attitude will only cause you trouble. it does not serve your best interest. Maybe an attitude like yours is why some people around here have a negative attitude of BU students. You are no better or smarter than us. And we are not smarter or better than you. cool the attitude and maybe things will be better.

@

The biggest problem with the aftermath of the protest is that the very small group of protesters set back, by probably several years, the efforts of the university to be embraced by the area. For years, BU has tried to work its way into the hearts of the locals. I've lived here for most of my 50+ years, and have seen the college continuously grow, while seemingly always having to fight to keep a positive image. In recent years, they have expanded to downtown Binghamton. One only needs to see the positive growth in Scranton and Ithaca to realize the full effect of a university entering a city. As a local citizen, I'd love to see the same type of downtown influence that is now present in those cities. Hopefully, this whole thing will blow over quickly, and positive growth can continue.

Keep in mind that the majority of BU students do not agree with the methods of this very small group of protesters. Keep in mind that the majority of BU students quietly go about their business here locally, shopping, studying and worshiping. They attend churches, donating time and money. They keep cleaner/nicer living quarters than a lot of locals. Keep in mind that BU students keep a lot of small businesses busy, that might otherwise close(without them).

@

Guest Guest
The biggest problem with the aftermath of the protest is that the very small group of protesters set back, by probably several years, the efforts of the university to be embraced by the area. For years, BU has tried to work its way into the hearts of the locals. I've lived here for most of my 50+ years, and have seen the college continuously grow, while seemingly always having to fight to keep a positive image. In recent years, they have expanded to downtown Binghamton. One only needs to see the positive growth in Scranton and Ithaca to realize the full effect of a university entering a city. As a local citizen, I'd love to see the same type of downtown influence that is now present in those cities. Hopefully, this whole thing will blow over quickly, and positive growth can continue.

Keep in mind that the majority of BU students do not agree with the methods of this very small group of protesters. Keep in mind that the majority of BU students quietly go about their business here locally, shopping, studying and worshiping. They attend churches, donating time and money. They keep cleaner/nicer living quarters than a lot of locals. Keep in mind that BU students keep a lot of small businesses busy, that might otherwise close(without them).

@

here that? it's a little voice of reason trying to get it's word in among a militia of ranting E-pundits. I hope whoever wrote that is ready for the irrational backlash that might follow....

@

Guest Guest

cut your hair...end of problem

Archived